New Members Read This!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geeg said:
Also remember that posts like 'oh thanks for your help' or other PERSONAL replies like that should be sent in a private message and not put up as a post. Any personal replies should be pm'd ... the forums are not to be used like text messages.
Im not able to geek as much as I used to so when I go online theres lots of new posts to read but about 60% minimum of th eposts are 'yeah thats fab' "I agree/dont) etc and Im sorry but its driving me mad. There have been repeated requests not to do this, if you think someones great send them a rep point and if not then neg rep them. I know its not my place to say what geeks should or shouldnt do but as the numbers of geeks multiply so do the posts and its a hell of a lot of drivel to go through to get to the informative posts. As bad as it is for us it must be torture for our lovely moderators. Let's try and write post of substance.xxx

avivajoy said:
I know its not my place to say what geeks should or shouldnt do but as the numbers of geeks multiply so do the posts and its a hell of a lot of drivel to go through to get to the informative posts. As bad as it is for us it must be torture for our lovely moderators. Let's try and write post of substance.xxx
it's the place of all of us to share our thoughts :hug:

you've bought up some valid points there and ones that peeps really do need to take heed of.
it all comes down to common sense at the end of the day, if our thread is for one person then a private message will suffice... if our reply is simply a ''lol'' or a ''thanks'' then it's a waste of site space, simple :wink2:

A little forethought when posting threads would be fantastic, it would save us mods having to move threads about to the right forum and leave us more time for the important stuff.

Happy Geeking :D

the chatroom is having a little holiday...
it should hopefully be back in the not too distant future though :wink2:

I am new to this site and just wanted to know how i can ask any one if they are selling a nail trainer hand

I am new to this site and just wanted to know how i can ask any one if they are selling a nail trainer hand
Hi and welcome to the site..
you did that already Sarah... when you posted your thread :wink2: although we try to keep all buying and selling confined to Geekbay as it clogs up the forums.

check out the FAQ link and also How To Do Stuff On The Site
hth's

:irked: Im really finding it hard to find my way around,i love reading all the post but i cant evan find where to post a new one for myself lol i can only seem to reply.Anyway great site

:irked: Im really finding it hard to find my way around,i love reading all the post but i cant evan find where to post a new one for myself lol i can only seem to reply.Anyway great site

If you click on FAQ then there is all sorts of helpful info sotered in there. Welcome to the site, it takes a little while to find your way around, but you'll have it cracked real soon

Hi Geeks,

I am band new to this field. I have just purchases all stuff for a home business to do manicures and pedicures. My irst customer will be my sister this weekend.

Any ideas on advertising and tips for beginners?

Much appreciated.

Debbie

Could you fil in your profile please,it help when answering your questions,welcome x

I am very new to all this i have been on this site an hour, and i feel really stupid, a girl who normally has a head on her shoulders can not work out the site!!

In reference to the first message, what pink band i clicked and it was to report a member??

I know i will find my way eventually, but there isnt a help option, and where is this chatroom??

Sorry for being dim!!!:confused:

Don't worry it takes a while to find your way around. Many things are answered in the FAQ drop down menu. Sadly the chatrom hasn't been working for some time! Welcome to the site and enjoy!

Thanku and i can now ,say as a pre training girl, this site is a god send!!!

Hoorah!! xxxx

Back