New nail Tech needs advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margot

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post, so I hope Im in right place!!! I am finding that I my clients are getting more lifting than they should be by the time they are due for a re-balance. i am pretty sure my prep is spot on, so I dont think it is that......... any ideas?:confused: Thanks Margot.

p.s If I am in wrong area - can someone direct me as I am a virgin Geek!!!

Hi Margot and welcome to Geeksville :)
You say your prep is pretty spot on, so if youre absolutely sure its not that, could it be that your product is coming into contact with the skin at all?
Where exactly is the majority of lifting?
Also, if you type 'lifting' into the Search box, upper right, you will find tonnes of threads about this very subject.
Hope thats of some help... sure some of the more experienced Geeks will have a bit more for you. :)

Welcome to Geekland! Make sure your mix ratio is correct and that you don't touch the skin with the product, ie that you leave a tiny margin.

Hi,
Welcome to the site. You are definitely in the right place! Good advice has already been given I see. You should do a search and check all the tutorials on the site, I'm sure you will find someone has had a similar problem to yours. Without further info i.e where the main amount of lifting is occuring etc I dont think there is much elso can be said right now. Good luck and happy geeking.

I thought i was prepping properly but after reading the tutorial that geeg pointed out I started again from scratch and made an even through job of it and it helped with the majority of the lifting, the rest was caused by working too wet and product slipping into the cuticle area.

thank god a year down the line i rarely get this now although i found in the summer hot weather i had to watch my mix ratio and work a bit wetter and make sure i dont touch the cuticle area.

HTH

Hello and welcome to the site. I am sure once you have a good read of all the advice offered to you you'll overcome your problem.
You came to the right place for help and advice, you will love it here.

Prep again. scrubfresh and squeek for 4 secs per nail. mix ratio remember to press and smooth l&p where you want it (L&P is keratin bonding) and
keep a tiny margin between the edges.

Latest posts

Back