New wax, lost confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiebeauty

Reaction score
I was doing a client today for intimate waxing and using my new wax pot so had bought a brand which I thought looked ideal to practice with. It was called GiGi brazilian hard wax.

It was awful. It kept splitting on the skin and whenever I tried to peel it off it became all stringy. It wasn't hard at all.

I had to finish the treatment with strip wax in the end, which I never use and I felt very unsure of myself all of a sudden.

Aa second client came in for a bikini wax so I felt this was perfect to get my confidence back but again it was so soft and wouldn't harden. I would wait enough time for it to harden. It just wouldn't.

What happened?
Was it the brand?
Can anyone recommend a better wax?

I've really lost confidence today with my waxing.

Did you use the pre wax oil? Aldo some waxes although hard wax still stay pliable and perhaps you didn't give if enough time to reach the right setting point. Do you have a willing model that you could practice on to get your confidence back? X

Not familiar with that particular wax but if you find your non strip wax a little gummy try putting a little pre cleansing lotion on a cotton pad and pressing it onto the wax. Some of the cotton will stick to the wax but it should help to set it up and allow you to remove it easily without it stretching etc...

A little talc applied on top of the wax would also do the same thing.

HTH jack

Did you use the pre wax oil? Aldo some waxes although hard wax still stay pliable and perhaps you didn't give if enough time to reach the right setting point. Do you have a willing model that you could practice on to get your confidence back? X

I used the prewax oil, and left it on for enough time for certain. I will get more practice it was just a terrible shock......... for myself and the client.

Not familiar with that particular wax but if you find your non strip wax a little gummy try putting a little pre cleansing lotion on a cotton pad and pressing it onto the wax. Some of the cotton will stick to the wax but it should help to set it up and allow you to remove it easily without it stretching etc...

HTH jack

Thank you. Which wax do you both use? Is talc ok to be used? I wasn't sure if talc could be used anymore?

HTH jack

This is a great tip from Jack - I use this often having read it on another thread.
Sophiebeauty, have you trained in Brazilians? If so, what wax was used. I'm also unfamiliar with this wax, and as I charge a fair bit for Brazilians, I'm happy to spend a bit on my wax. I'm playing with several at the moment - all Perron Rigot - Euroblonde which I like, but sometimes I have trouble with it not setting - Jacks tip has been invaluable - Homme which works at a cooler temp, and am just waiting for a sample of Pure as I have 2 clients with a rosin allergy!

Contact Perron Rigot, and try Euroblonde. It is the first one I trained with, and I keep going back to it.

Chin up, and get a few guinea pigs in,

Vicki x

No matter what brand you use and no matter how experienced you are if you are swapping wax you will always need a bit of getting used to as each formulation is slightly different. Sometimes just a few degrees can make the world of difference or sometimes the thickness and how you apply it could also change things so don't be disheartened it just takes a bit of tweaking.
your safest bet is probably to give your supplier a ring as they will be the best to help you with advice as to what might be wrong?

This is a great tip from Jack - I use this often having read it on another thread.
Sophiebeauty, have you trained in Brazilians? If so, what wax was used. I'm also unfamiliar with this wax, and as I charge a fair bit for Brazilians, I'm happy to spend a bit on my wax. I'm playing with several at the moment - all Perron Rigot - Euroblonde which I like, but sometimes I have trouble with it not setting - Jacks tip has been invaluable - Homme which works at a cooler temp, and am just waiting for a sample of Pure as I have 2 clients with a rosin allergy!

Contact Perron Rigot, and try Euroblonde. It is the first one I trained with, and I keep going back to it.

Chin up, and get a few guinea pigs in,

Vicki x
Vicki you should also try Cristaline another hypoallergenic wax from Perron Rigot and similar in consistency to EB.

Thank you. Which wax do you both use? Is talc ok to be used? I wasn't sure if talc could be used anymore?

Like Vicki I also use Perron Rigot and the one I use at the moment is Homme which I love and works really well at a slightly lower temperature than a lot of other waxes.

I use a little pre wax oil underneath the wax you will find this makes a big difference.

I prefer oil to talc , but I mentioned earlier about using a little talc on top of the wax to help it set up if it's a bit sticky or gummy.

Often at this time of year when it's hot and sticky combined with a warm treatment room and hot clients it can affect the Wax so don't let it knock your confidence....

HTH

Jack

I had a bit of a nightmare last week in the heat doing Brazilians. I got a fan and have it facing me and towards the end of the bed so the clients not too cold. I kept getting gummy wax before but I've started leaving it longer and chatting more so I know it's definitely ready before removing. Good wax and patience works for me along with my fan! I also used Jack's tip about the cleanser a few times. I use Outback Organics Gold wax, it's lush. X

HTH jack

Sorry to hijack the thread but I just wanted to say a huge thank you for this tip!! I used it a couple of times during a hollywood this morning and it saved me!! ♡♡♡♡♡

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry to hijack the thread but I just wanted to say a huge thank you for this tip!! I used it a couple of times during a hollywood this morning and it saved me!! ♡♡♡♡♡

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha me too! 6 Hollywood's yesterday (usually I dread them, especially when its hot & humid) gave jacks tip a go and it worked perfectly! My euroblonde set sooo fast, and no gummy messes!

Never again will I dread intimate waxing! Thanks Jack x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was doing a client today for intimate waxing and using my new wax pot so had bought a brand which I thought looked ideal to practice with. It was called GiGi brazilian hard wax.

It was awful. It kept splitting on the skin and whenever I tried to peel it off it became all stringy. It wasn't hard at all.

I had to finish the treatment with strip wax in the end, which I never use and I felt very unsure of myself all of a sudden.

Aa second client came in for a bikini wax so I felt this was perfect to get my confidence back but again it was so soft and wouldn't harden. I would wait enough time for it to harden. It just wouldn't.

What happened?
Was it the brand?
Can anyone recommend a better wax?

I've really lost confidence today with my waxing.

Hi I use Berodin (was Berins) wax! They have a jet set version that I add a little to my regular hot wax which helps it set quicker in hot weather!
It's a great wax to work with. X

Latest posts

Back