New website - What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

After having a long break from beauty i have decided to return and carry on, now things are easyer for me now i have a car :)
I have spent 5 days designing my new website myself. what do you think?

Any problems or mistakes you spot, dont be worried to tell me.x

www.icandybeautytreatments.co.uk

I like the pic of the lady in the top left hand corner of the page; for some reason it's directly linked to an image on Photobucket though, http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t341/psychicshine/111111.jpg rather than being hosted from your website's server; it's resizing OK in Google Chrome but looks a bit fuzzy/pixellated in Internet Explorer. But it would appear to be the photobucket account owned by the lady who runs Psychic Shine - Accurate psychic readings - Text a psychic - Email psychic reading - Free psychic reading - Psychic Readings (Tricia) who is one of the links on your links page - which is good as it suggests that you would have asked permission to link to the image on her Photobucket account.

For your navigation menu, you've got images, and although the "name" attribute has been specified, the "alt" attribute is blank - it would be better if you set the "alt" attribute for each image to the text of what each button says, which will help for people with text-based web browsers (e.g. Lynx) and blind/partially sighted/disabled/dyslexic people who use screen readers.

Some of the other images on the site (e.g. the Creative Nail Design logo with the bottles of nail polish) are also not the same priginal size as what they are being specified at on the web site; this is causing them to look fuzzy/pixellated in Internet Explorer.

There's a broken link for the logo image at the top of your "Links" page.

The width and position of the white content area of the page itself and the position of things like the navigation menu seems to vary from page to page too, which is a bit strange; normally I would have expected things like that to be consistent on every page on the site to give it a uniform "look".

Other than that, I like it; the image and logo give it a sort of cutesy, girly, almost 1950s sort of look, which is a bit different to most beauty sites - and originality is good!

Thank you for your detailed help Ruth. It really helps! The reason its linked to photobucket is because when i was using Frontpage now called microsoft expressions i couldnt add an image so i used photobucket's HTML code.
But now i am using Dreamweaver i am able to add the images without using photobucket so i will change that.
The psychic website is my mums website hence using her photobucket :)

I will sort the nav buttons and link page out too.
Not sure whats happening with the pictures i think its because when placing the image onto the website i have either made it bigger or smaller.
x

Just noticed something else - the links on your links page are linking to files on your C: drive rather than the actual websites themselves - so clicking on them doesn't work...

Ah ok thanks. Will change that too.x

Thanks Deb. I need to link up that page properly. Will be doing that today
xx

One word OUTSTANDING! :)

Love it chick....very well done to you!!!!! xxx

Thanks guys for the lovely comments xxx

Latest posts

Back