Newbie and I need lots of help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondgirl

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have just stumbled across this site whilst trying to research some info on Indian Head Massage..............Soooooooo being that I cant find any info that I need .....I thought Id ask on here to see whether you would be willing to help me?????............. I hope Ive posted this in the right bit apologies if not I havent a clue what Im doing lol...............

Ok Im currently studying NVQ 3 and we have been set an assignment on IHM..........I have looked in every book going and also on the net and still cant find the answers to my questions.................

Q1.IF A PROFESSIONAL I.E. A HOMEOPATH HAS REFERRED A CLIENT TO YOU FOR IHM WHY IS IT IMPORTANT AND BENEFICIAL FOR YOU TO KEEP THEM INFORMED OF CLIENTS PROGRESS (3REASONS)

Q2. LIST TWO WAYS THAT THE THERAPISTS BREATHING WILL ENHANCE THE TREATMENT

Q3.WHICH OILS ARE SUITABLE FOR WHICH DOSHAS AND WHY?
SESAME COCONUT OLIVE ALMOND MUSTARD
KAPHA
VATA
PITTA

We have literally only had two lessons on IHM so far and none of this has been covered so if anyone can help me I would be more than grateful................Sitting here waiting in anticipation lol
xx

Hi. I did IHM at college and would be happy to help. give me your email and I'll send you the info I have from when I had to do a project about it.

Hi. I did IHM at college and would be happy to help. give me your email and I'll send you the info I have from when I had to do a project about it.

Oh thankyou so much that would be wonderful I really appreciate your help:green:...................
addy is..... [email protected]

Thanks loads
xx

Anybody else that would be willing to help this damsel in distress??? I only have till tomorrow to complete the assignment thanks loads in advance :)
xx

Sorry hun but doing peoples home work is frowned upon on this site so that is why you don't have many replies,
we always encourage you to do searches, if you find the info yourself you are more likely to retain it :hug:

Oh ok..................I was only asking for a little direction as I have researched myself...... I have looked in 3 books by Helen Mcguiness a muriel Burnham book Nvq3 book and various others and googled just about everything there is on IHM and still I cant find the answers to the questions...............but thanks for the tip I didnt realise...... as I have read other forum posts on here asking for help with assignments etc and they have been answered my mistake..... sorry........................:confused:

Sorry hun but doing peoples home work is frowned upon on this site so that is why you don't have many replies,
we always encourage you to do searches, if you find the info yourself you are more likely to retain it :hug:
I couldn't agree with you more loubylou! Are all you geeks honestly going to be proud of your achievements if other people have done most of the work for you?????

Diamondgirl, if you only have till tomorrow to complete your assignment, then you have nobody to blame but yourself! Another new geek has also left her assignment to the last minute, but you have to take responsibility for that yourselves or request an extention!

Many of us studied hard and work hard to earn and I repeat, earn our marks and qualifications! I managed with running a home,a busy husband and 2 children. It is called prioritizing and organization and I can say with my hand on my heart, that I personally earned every mark I achieved in my diploma, through my own shear hard work!

Wow I didnt expect anybody to do my work for me I too have worked very hard qualifying level 2 and moving on to level 3 on my own merits and I also have a husband 2 children and work between college ................I was given the assignment on the thursday before breaking up for half term I have completed it all and was just stuck on those questions I have been researching everywhere I can to find the answers but to no avail so I stumbled upon this site today and thought that somebody may be able to provide me with a little direction as to where to find the answers...............I apologise if I have offended anyone it wasnt my intention and I havent left it until the last minute I have worked hard all week trying to complete the project..............

I wonder if any Skin Geeks can recommend some different books that will help you? :wink2:

I don't understand why students are given homework on particular areas when they haven't covered them in class?!

Wow I didnt expect anybody to do my work for me I too have worked very hard qualifying level 2 and moving on to level 3 on my own merits and I also have a husband 2 children and work between college ................I was given the assignment on the thursday before breaking up for half term I have completed it all and was just stuck on those questions I have been researching everywhere I can to find the answers but to no avail so I stumbled upon this site today and thought that somebody may be able to provide me with a little direction as to where to find the answers...............I apologise if I have offended anyone it wasnt my intention and I havent left it until the last minute I have worked hard all week trying to complete the project..............
Unfortunately Diamondgirl, I have thrown my toys out of cot tonight and I am sorry if you have been caught in the cross fire. We have many people coming onto this site literally asking for answers with many admitting they have left it to the last minute or just can't be bother to put in any effort. So again, my appologies to you directly :hug:.

However, I am not going to appologize for my above post as I think it is necessary for other new geeks to read when it comes to asking for help about assignments. We can point you in the right direction but will not give the answers willy nilly. Ultimately i don't think it helps anyone, least of all the person trying to gain the qualifcation.

I totally agree with you I wouldnt want to gain a qualification on somebody elses merits I worked hard last year and got student of the year my presentations on tue :) so I am proud of my achievments......... I just thought somebody would be able to suggest a website or something that may help me as Ive googled everything and cant find any info at all but thankyou to all that have replied anyway and I wish you all success in whatever you are doing...................

i went to my local library for my IHM studies they had some really good books there better then what they had at college.

Wow thankyou for all your help it really is much appreciated :)
xx

Latest posts

Back