Newbies keep the faith! Sculpting nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine took about 2 hours to do coz they are done by me on my own hands so am abit cack handed haha

The pic I posted is using radiant pink by nsi, I have quite long natural nail beds so I don't really need to use masque, I only use masque when doing super stiletto

The reverse technique can be used with any pink/clear, apply it let it harden and the go in with ur file and really neaten that smile!

I always use this technique on myself as I find it easier fir my smiles especially on my wrong hand haha

Hope this helps

This is my first full hand sculpting large stiletto fir a nail art comp they are using the reverse technique using nsi pink masque nsi totally clear and some powders I mixed myself; the blue and the White snow glitter

I think this us my best sculpt to date think I need more practice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321524855.563139.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321524855.563139.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,028
Cgritt love the stiletto. Never thought about doing the reverse French before on myself for the perfect smile line..

Do you do the reverse on the form, remove and file and apply new form. Do you then put clear over the top on joining ie pink meets White??

Have you applied gel topcoat for that High shine??

No gel on there! It a nail hardener top coat

Go on to nailangel website and watch Kirsty meakin icicle vids they are brilliant

CGritt I love them they are fab!!!

The reverse technique can be used with any pink/clear, apply it let it harden and the go in with ur file and really neaten that smile!

Totally makes sense I would never have thought of doing this.

Snaz deffo agree with you my side walls were way too wide it just seemed to me that I was filling for ages when I was applying the acrylic it was running down the forms. I couldn't get the balance right between a too wet ratio to give me more time to work with and the right size bead. When I applied the white it seemed too short but when I removed the forms they looked really messy and huge.:eek:

im still chuckling at the plastic finger gym class :) lol that did make me smile - I love those little claws :) I attempted pink and white sculps last night.. well I say attempted - I did one finger :) then thought better of it lol. Think Ill wait for my course to start :)
Also has anyone here got one of those rubber hand nail trainers?? I bought one last week from ebay and for the life of me cannot get a tip to stick?? It stated on the description that the tips fit 'snugly' in place no glue required?! but thats just not true lol xx

Ive got a rubber hand and its a nightmare!ive even tried using blutack to stick the tips on lol!
How do i find the single fingers on ebay?im going to need some for my course soon.

Hi can i ask a silly question? Am a newbie and in training but have never been told about the stiletto and the reverse application, can anyone explain what they are? I can't search as I am on my phone so sorry in advance xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Weve not ha stilettos mentioned yet it may come up further on ur training. Best thing u can do is ask ur tutor if it's covered? Who r u training with?

I train with the local college, but wanted to know so i could have a go, the search doesn't work on my phone so thought I would ask. Sorry :( xx

No need to b sorry hun mayb look on YouTube.

Smile lines are getting better each time in doing it been watching the fingernail fixer videos in YouTube on them helped massively but it's just practicing can't wait for my class tomoro Monday's have become my fab day of the week!! Lol

Also had a go at 3d nail art can't wait till we cover that! I went to my local nail harmony distributor and recently bought some of the stunning reflections acrylics the prisms and glitter collections there and did a bow didn't think it was too bad for my first go!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321790442.106880.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321790442.106880.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 267
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321790598.019240.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321790598.019240.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 274
I train with the local college, but wanted to know so i could have a go, the search doesn't work on my phone so thought I would ask. Sorry :( xx

Hi I've just passed my first acrylic course in June & I've been desperate to try stilettos too, I did this one yesterday, only nine more to go hehe xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321804263.083061.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321804969.177099.jpg

They are amazing can't wait to get on internet and have a look at how to do them. Well done x

Pink princess stilletos are great. Misslb love your bow. Will have ago with this

Thanks ladies :) no its opi polish will gelish them when they are all done, just wanted to see a colour on it :)

Latest posts

Back