Newbies keep the faith! Sculpting nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeeeek so pleased with myself on these ones!!! Need to sort the shadowing but tutor showed me a different way and I created these.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321911391.453761.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321911391.453761.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 352
Great thread! Just commenting for my bed time read! :-/

No need to b sorry hun mayb look on YouTube.

Smile lines are getting better each time in doing it been watching the fingernail fixer videos in YouTube on them helped massively but it's just practicing can't wait for my class tomoro Monday's have become my fab day of the week!! Lol

Also had a go at 3d nail art can't wait till we cover that! I went to my local nail harmony distributor and recently bought some of the stunning reflections acrylics the prisms and glitter collections there and did a bow didn't think it was too bad for my first go!

AAww I love your bow.xxxx

Eeeeek so pleased with myself on these ones!!! Need to sort the shadowing but tutor showed me a different way and I created these.

You're getting there hon that looks good :) xx

You're getting there hon that looks good :) xx

Thanks chick, but I'm putting that one down as a fluke did a full set tonite and they are horrendous smile lines completely off they fanned out too and all in all i didnt like them one bit so now pretty much back to square one. Didn't help as my friend has badly bitten nails wasn't by any means thinking it was goin to b easy, but it seems l take a step forward only to take 10 back, but it was the first full set of p&w's took me 2 and half hours and I come out with that pile of *hit, but practice practice practice just got to keep at it, so hard doing them on bitten nails, sorry Excuse my French! :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322005896.186153.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322005896.186153.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 286
I've been qualified a couple of years and am only just about to start sculpting so dont worry about getting everything right while your training - in my experience you'll learn more on here and youtube than you could ever learn in college!! But like you said, its all about practice, practice, practice :rolleyes:

Thanks chick, but I'm putting that one down as a fluke did a full set tonite and they are horrendous smile lines completely off they fanned out too and all in all i didnt like them one bit so now pretty much back to square one. Didn't help as my friend has badly bitten nails wasn't by any means thinking it was goin to b easy, but it seems l take a step forward only to take 10 back, but it was the first full set of p&w's took me 2 and half hours and I come out with that pile of *hit, but practice practice practice just got to keep at it, so hard doing them on bitten nails, sorry Excuse my French! :(

dont knock yourself too much hun! seen worse :) well done you x

You will get there!! We all will if we keep practicing, chin up xxx

This is tonight's set of sculpts on practice fingers. I used my Ez flow products instead of the cheap stuff and found it much better. There was one nail which was my favorite out of the lot, I did the free edge in one bead and it was nice and thin. Filling and shaping nails was quicker because this time I think I managed to sculpt with my brush instead of my file. Have to be more consistent with the shapes next time they are all different.xx

Attachments

• IMG1005A.jpg
    IMG1005A.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG1006A.jpg
    IMG1006A.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 255
I couldn't resist it this is dance class no 2 Swan Lake lol.xxxx:lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• IMG1008A.jpg
    IMG1008A.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG1007A.jpg
    IMG1007A.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 245
Barmy bugger!! that made me laugh. All the nails with there tutus.. Ahahah.....
Vast improvement too!! Keep it up

Ok so i had a MSG bout smile lines the other day so I thought bugger it I'll post a pic of my first attempt to now. We had to do homework that consisted of doing 50 smile lines. So what we did was get a nail varnish bottle and with the lid still on attach a nail form to the lid.

Hey presto!! something to practice ur smile lines on!! So anyway here's my example starting at the top left hand side that was my very first one the first 8 pretty much resembled the same a childs milk tooth! Keep them no matter how bad so u can compare and see improvement. As I've practiced and read things and watched videos on YouTube it's helped enormously! The problem I found was doing was i was worrying about my free edge and sidewalls and doing them first, its mentioned in geegs tutorial ignore those parts sort ur smile line first cos once it's dry ur the creek without a paddle so to speak! U will notice I recently got some acrylic glitter powder and got side tracked on one of them playing with 3D art i quickly shook my head and put all that to one side u need ro master the basics first as mentioned on here whats the use of art if u cant perfect ur smiles!Haha

I then moved on to doing them on tips which was easier I found and then kept going back to the varnish bottled forms and saw improvement too.

Then I have done these on myself still a way to go there are so many different ways to achieve a good smile line but because everyone's
Different it's finding the method that works for u.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322415589.626369.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322415589.626369.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 279
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322415911.090193.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322415911.090193.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 267
Hi MissLB.
Are you right or left handed? Is that your right hand you sculpted on? They look lovely and the free edge is so thin. I can see a massive difference in the practice tips to the ones on your hands.Well done:biggrin:xx
When I did mine my nails were awful great big lumps off acrylic. I had to soak them off the other night. I waited a week first to let my fingers heal I had cut my self with the file ouch!. I found that where the free edge white met the pink there was little gaps which kept snagging and broke off on a few nails. I have Gelish'd them now had to leave some acrylic on some of them because I had over buffed and my nail beds are very thin again ouch.
I have a set of sculpts to do Thursday night on my friend I am going to take my time.xxx

Barmy bugger!! that made me laugh. All the nails with there tutus.. Ahahah.....
Vast improvement too!! Keep it up

Hehehe snaz glad you like them :lol::lol:xx

Another question. Do I pinch the side walls whilst the acrylic is setting?
And is there a special way off doing it without causing harm? And why pinch the sculpts?xx

Another question. Do I pinch the side walls whilst the acrylic is setting?
And is there a special way off doing it without causing harm? And why pinch the sculpts?xx

Hi jo I'm a leftie, u need to make the pink and white kiss (becareful of shadowing this is when the pink and white meet at the top but hasnt been pulled underneath the top level properly) don't overlap them they just need to be pulled up to the white (I found the reverse app loads easier as u can overlap the white a little
On the pink and file off for a crisp smile line but im still not allowed to do reverse yet, my tutor is a sadist! Lol) make sure ur pink is slightly higher the ur white for ur apex. the pinching of the sculpts someone correct me if I'm wrong is so u can creat a c curve in the nail the c curve makes the sculpts stronger and also i think to help loosen the form? Not sure on the last part ill double check tonite on my course and let u know. u can buy special pinchers but was told not to just yet as if there used wrong can cause pain. Best thing to buy is c curve sticks whilst the acrylic is setting u put the sticks under the free edge and pinch around it nail harmony have just brought out some gorgeous c curve sticks there on my Xmas wish list!!

My sculps were terrible I completly botched them up I will opst pics later,xx

Hey here's my 3rd attempt on a little finger nail on my nail trainer. Any comments about how to improve will be hugely appreciated. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323356349.296562.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323356383.917294.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323356383.917294.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 244
hi Love ur nails look lovely, i dont like commenting on other peoples nails in ways to improve with me training myself i have so much to work on with my own nails i dont think im in a position to really point out faults etc. I also find it to b a very patronising thing to do (in my opinion).

If you want critique i would go on the nail critique on the main thread page of nail geek and post in there asking for critique if you just explain abit about urself and what ur doing career wise u will get lots of hints and help! x:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back