Newbies keep the faith! Sculpting nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So update done this tonite def another slight improvement from the first one! Haha

Not learnt how to do my white and smile lines yet so only using one powder at the moment. So keep practicing girls!! Still getting the odd few air bubblers I don't think its air in the brush as I'm wiping quiet hard up the sides of the dapper dish taking the air out its something I'm doing application wise I'm assuming or does anyone else know?!

I did the finger and it the acrylic wasn't sticking properly!? Lol n it freaked me out too!

Remember if anyone else wants to add there pics to this ur more then welcome too!

I think this is a good thread, to reassure newbies that the first few sets of nails are usually memorable...for all the wrong reasons!!
I am sure Vetty did a similar thread to this years ago and it was good for people to see some experienced tech's post their first nails pics to compare with current ones so show everyone how much good training and practise can improve your work.

I did indeed! I've just looked it up and it was 2007, but I must have deleted the pictures because the links don't work..... The thread is still worth a read though (here it is http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/51418-those-newbies-who-lack-confidence-their-nails.html)

Sorry it didnt load

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321042646.410385.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321042646.410385.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 399
Ok I'm going to be brave. I was going to do a blog and couldn't get the pics to load. Same in the critique section :(

Right this is my first sculp on my hubby's pinkie last night. Bless him but I had to remove it straight after
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321043770.365965.jpg

This one was a full set i did on a friend today. Took me 2 1/2 hours and had to remember to breath was shaking so much ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321043871.699266.jpg

Be kind :)

Vicki xx

These look really good for ur first ones! Wow who r u training with!? Ur lucky that ur husband let's u do his nails wish my bf would! X

These look really good for ur first ones! Wow who r u training with!? Ur lucky that ur husband let's u do his nails wish my bf would! X

Awww thank you.
I already have my gel certificate with CND but at the moment training with Essential Nails. I'm using NSI products on my victims as I love the texture
I will do a conversion but at the moment I practise all the time I can. I see some beautiful nails on here and my goal is to one day be able to do Gigi's solar oil nails :)

Vicki xx

So here's tonight's on blue tac fingers, but it all went horribly wrong at filling stage as it melted in my fingers lol.xx

Attachments

• IMG0974A.jpg
    IMG0974A.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG0975A.jpg
    IMG0975A.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG0976A.jpg
    IMG0976A.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG0977A.jpg
    IMG0977A.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 375
So here's tonight's on blue tac fingers, but it all went horribly wrong at filling stage as it melted in my fingers lol.xx

Lol all about learning! I did these yesterday on myself and I'm pleased with them still seeing faults but had a few girls comment on them and a few new ppl to practice on!! Yay!! Soooooo diddly doing acrylic sculpts on urself. I still don't know how to do white tips so had to cheat with white gel! Lol confidence is def goin up the more I practice. I had a go with doing the tips but my smile lines r shocking so ill wait till I'm shown!! X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321203073.319706.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321203073.319706.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 412
MissLB They are lovely love your crystals on your ring finger.xx

I might try and sculpt my right hand tomorrow. My nails on this hand are pretty short. I will get my new EZ flow kit out and use that. I was going to have a go tonight but had my Gelish training day today so I am tired now.xx

I did these on my self tonight. My right hand took me ages and they are really thick. My left hand was a little better but not much.:Scared: You can see how thick they are. They are awful.x

Attachments

• IMG0979A.jpg
    IMG0979A.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG0980A.jpg
    IMG0980A.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG0981A.jpg
    IMG0981A.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG0985A.jpg
    IMG0985A.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG0986A.jpg
    IMG0986A.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 331
Jo it's so hard doing them on urself u should b pleased with those!! They don't look too bad at all. Practice practice practice! X

Jo I can see improvement in your nails. Yes it much harder sculpting on yourself.

These are mine but mine are calgel and coloured so a bit easier. Not sure how thick they should be though , mine seem thick scared of them breaking has this is a soak off gel.

These r on my own hands and had pinkie and ring finger on 2 weeks.. Then decided to do rest of hand, so they have been in 1 week..

Great post too!!

Would be good if I put pictures on lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321438364.297693.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321438364.297693.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 378
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321438373.272180.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321438373.272180.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 373
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321438382.530598.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321438382.530598.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 336
Look fab hun. X

Yours have improved also. I'm so scared of putting them on clients..
Acrylics I have mastered the stiletto but who the heck has them that long!!!

I really need to get to grips with pink and White.. Will have a go this week but will be on my nail trainer... And post...

Once I've got the knack it will be bye bye tips!!

Yours have improved also. I'm so scared of putting them on clients..
Acrylics I have mastered the stiletto but who the heck has them that long!!!

I really need to get to grips with pink and White.. Will have a go this week but will be on my nail trainer... And post...

Once I've got the knack it will be bye bye tips!!

Gettin there need to do more sets as I've only done three a friend is wanting some doing. Although I do get worried about doing them on other people but after more practice and confidence all that will go. Yeah just practice my first tip was
Absolutely horrendous!! This was my 17th attempt vast improvement homework is to do 50 white tips lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321447603.353440.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321447603.353440.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 364
Hi guys

I love sculpting! I picked up loads of help from youngnails website using the reverse technique, vids were really helpful and reverse method really helps with the smile lines!

These are my nails at the moment done using the reverse technique xx

Sorry about pic was taken on iPod so not good quality

Hope this helps

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321448191.453915.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321448191.453915.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 449
Hi guys

I love sculpting! I picked up loads of help from youngnails website using the reverse technique, vids were really helpful and reverse method really helps with the smile lines!

These are my nails at the moment done using the reverse technique xx

Sorry about pic was taken on iPod so not good quality

Hope this helps

Thanks they look good I've seen the reverse application but our tutor said wet not allowed to do them yet have to try and master them by doing top first! :( but we were told their easier.

I absolutely massacred my hands they have been so saw all day I must have caught almost every nail with the file. I am going to wait a day before I soak em off.
snaz
I don't think they are thick. I love the colours I didn't know you can sculpt with a soak off gel.
CGritt I love your nails I can't wait to be creative like that. Did they take you long to do? Can I try the revers technique with normal pink powder I don't have any pink mask to extend the nail bed?

I did these on friend tonight, they took me three hours but I took my time and tried to do them properly. She is used to wearing tips, so when she came to me with a little length I thought yeah I will sculpt. She was really pleased because they were different to what she normally has (tips). But I think I used to much product and they are too long, on the thumb and two other fingers the form slipped and her natural nail shows through I did file quite a lot of product off . She has re booked for an infill and didn't mind sitting all that time.

Attachments

• IMG0988A.jpg
    IMG0988A.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG0993A.jpg
    IMG0993A.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG0991A.jpg
    IMG0991A.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG0989A.jpg
    IMG0989A.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 362
Josnails yes you can sculpt with soakoff gel and bio sculpture not sure what others.

I can see more improvement. You need to take your side Walls in so there not too fan shape. Smile line tat uneven but great job.. But good coverage with the White.

Cgritt there fantastic, will have to try reverse sculpt.

Misslb smile lines are almost there.. They are the hardest to master I think!!!

Latest posts

Back