Newbies keep the faith! Sculpting nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is possibly going to be THE dumbest question. Is sculpting AKA acrylic?
I want to enter the world of nail enhancements & I know little so apologies!x

This is possibly going to be THE dumbest question. Is sculpting AKA acrylic?
I want to enter the world of nail enhancements & I know little so apologies!x

Sculpting means you are sculpting the enhancement without an artificial nail tip. You can sculpt with l&p (acrylic) or gel.

Sculpting means you are sculpting the enhancement without an artificial nail tip. You can sculpt with l&p (acrylic) or gel.

That sounds really difficult!! Thanks x

That sounds really difficult!! Thanks x

I wouldn't say it's really difficult. When you're trained in it, you learn how to do it the proper ways and it is pretty easy! Don't be afraid of it! I love sculpting! :)

I wouldn't say it's really difficult. When you're trained in it, you learn how to do it the proper ways and it is pretty easy! Don't be afraid of it! I love sculpting! :)

As a new tech... Shannon is right.....

I find the best forms thus far for myself have been young nail forms they work very well... I have pictures of my Nov nails in my albums on my page. It still takes me 2.5 hrs from start to finish (artwork takes me a bit too) but I know that customers appreciate the work and it shows when they come back. I do not have alot of of people as I graduated Sept 22 2012 but the ones I do have are staying. So advice is go slow, use the right tools and pay attention to the details!!!!
Best of luck

Here's my first stiletto. I've only done a couple sets of sculptured nails in total. I'm trying to get this down and worry less about tips. I've been in school since September.

230040_163131797166946_613922070_n.jpg

12734_163118740501585_806694243_n.jpg

im not sure how to get a picture up of my gel sculpting:(

This is an example of my first sculpt nail using L and P, critique welcome :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355576757.118811.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355576757.118811.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 221
Going to try sculpting soon - I'll post my first attempt - I'm sure it will be hideous !!! Haha ;) xxx

I'm sure it won't be hideous! Take your time, remember what you learned and just breathe!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I'm sure it won't be hideous! Take your time, remember what you learned and just breathe!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Thank you. My problem is, I learnt it 9 years ago and have not done it since haha ;) I will have a play and watch lots of tutorials, but I think a refresher will be needed lol xxx

I couldn't resist it this is dance class no 2 Swan Lake lol.xxxx:lol::lol::lol:

I have these little fingers, but how do you remove the gel/acrylic? X

Great thread thank you for this! I did my first full set of gel sculpts last night on a friend, took me 3 hours and they were dreadful! Really can't get to grips with getting a snug fit with the forms, then the tips end up hideously thick! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366361769.282455.jpg

I think this is a brilliant thread makes me feel a lot better about my duck sculpted nails :) well I have got better and ygats before my gel course x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My first proper set on sister xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394545104616.jpg
    1394545104616.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 168

Latest posts

Back