Newly qualified spray tan therapist, advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkerbell24

Reaction score
Hello all :o)

I've recently qualified in spray tanning. I have bought all the equipment but I'm not sure which spray tan to use. I know sienna x is 'the one'! But as I'm just starting out I need a spray tan that is reasonably priced as I'm still in training and am offering discount price spray tans while I am still new to tanning. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you :o) x

I don't rate sienna x atall or their customer service to be honest. We could all tell you our favourites but it would be better if you tried them out for yourself? When I started out I got samples of nearly every tan available and tried them all out on friends before I made my choice, that way I could get a general idea on overall colour, ingredients, fade-off, smell etc and not just go for the big name at the time! Good luck in finding the tan that suits you and your clients!

Everyone will recommend the brand they use :) I use Nouvatan personally, great scent, great fade off, no orange tinge guaranteed, and not too hsrd on the pocket either x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Try fantasy tan. Slightly more expensive but every tan comes out perfect and you really do make your money back. Ring RJM distribution and ask for Thomas. He gives amazing customer service and in sure you would be able to purchase some samples xx

I use xen-tan, I charge £12.00 per tan (there are a lot of cheap tan technicians where I live and unfortunately here people will go for price over quality)

I have people doing a 40 mile round trip for xen-tan and at £12 I still make a profit

I find xen-tan almost fool proof, no streaks, wears off extremely evenly, great scent and a lovely natural tanned look. If clients wish to be even darker I blow dry first then offer a second coat for an extra £4.00

Ive tried other tans in the past but I love xen tan

To be honest everyone will give a different opinion on 'the best' tan as what we all look for and rate is different, make good use of the search facility on here as this question is asked constantly but my advice would be request samples and trial trial trial. I trained with fake bake but switched to suntana after a sample came with a new gun and yet to find a 'game changer' new solution to make me switch again since x

We also se Suntana, best to get sample and try them out, or have a tan with someone using the tan you wish to try x

Message LisaYoung and ask for a sample of SunlessSolutions
I was trained with tantrick (which frankly now just shows my age LOL!!)
As a trainer I have tried all manner of solutions..... Sienna x, suntana, aviva labs, and that's just naming a few
I just keep coming back to sunless solutions and sudo
I base my favourites not only on best results of the actual tan, good guide colour,tan colour, good fade off,but also customer service, availability of products, price and speed of delivery.
Hth
X

Sunatana all the way.....fab smells for the different shades (cocnut,cherry and chocolate nom nom) all our clients love it, weve never had a rpoblem, but like sum geeks have said were all going to tell u our favourites and theyl all b different, ur best getting a few samples and a few guinea pigs :) xx

We would be happy to send out samples of our solution for you to try.

Please PM us which strength you would like to try (8%,10%,12% or 14%) and where you would like it sent to

To be honest everyone will give a different opinion on 'the best' tan as what we all look for and rate is different, make good use of the search facility on here as this question is asked constantly but my advice would be request samples and trial trial trial. I trained with fake bake but switched to suntana after a sample came with a new gun and yet to find a 'game changer' new solution to make me switch again since x

I'm exactly the same - trained with Fakebake and had heard that some of the girls training with us had supply problems at their salon. Received my delivery of my Maximist machine with Suntana samples the next day and was totally won over with colour, price and customer service! Since then have tried loads more, but always come back to Suntana....

LA Tan - really lovely colour, great fade off, well priced, no nasty smell x

Hows the trials Missliza.have you found anything interesting // been waiting with bated breath:eek:

Hi all

I too am a new spray tanning therapist and need advice- the Kit's are so expensive and I have found one on Gumtree for £120- its Sienna x- Im not too fussed about the actual tan as I think I will use LDN by OPI in the long run but has anyone used the Sienna x machine? Is it worth getting? I originally wanted a Crazy angel machine as they are brilliant but quite steep in price

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

L

Don't start off with a cheap product as the outcome can look cheap and this may turn away potential clients. Most companies will offer testers, usually at a very small cost.
I use and love Fresh Indulgence and I know they offer samples on their website for new customers.
I have used Sienna X but didn't like as much as Fresh Indulgence; I started with that because it’s what customers knew... think that’s down to good advertising.
My clients love FI and I get lots booking from recommendation

Nouvatan is brilliant. I only started in October and am getting so many clients by recommendation because the tan looks so natural.

Trained in la tan, but hated it, tried crazy angel n suntana, I love suntana n all my clients love it, love the smells too.

love the smells too.

You should be warned: if your spray tan solution has a smell, it is most often to cover up the bad DHA smell from improperly produced formula. DHA reeks when it is treated incorrectly: these formulas will also include things like oil and alcohols in them (which dry out your skin, ruin a tan) to counteract messing up with the DHA.

But more importantly: There are tons of people allergic/sensitive to Fragrance Oils (some even contain nuts, which when misted into the air can linger in your salon for days or longer). I'm not saying that the solution you're using is going to cause an allergic reaction, but it might not be a bad idea to ask about nut allergies before you spray people--or have an EpiPen nearby!

You should be warned: if your spray tan solution has a smell, it is most often to cover up the bad DHA smell from improperly produced formula.

Bit of a sweeping statement that is not necessarily true. I'm sure there are a few geeks that represent other reputable tanning companies that will have something to say about this. Scare tactics aren't really the best way to promote your business, neither is trying to discredit others!

Latest posts

Back