NFU.oh pros & cons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minette
I have the normal cover kit (saving my pennys for the glitter one! ) but in the lux gem kit theres one called coral , its lightly transparent pink and bling glittery so i use that sometimes lightly over the foundation pink,

I used to use the coral colour for glittery extended nailbeds before the glitter cover foundation kit came out.....and in fact it is the powder that was used in the extended nailbed on the pink ribbons image we use on thee website..

Is it? i have it on my nail beds right now over number 9 foundation (there in my photo album) its soooo bling i went to buy a new tooth brush this morning ended up with every member of staff in superdrug asking for a card!
that candy collection is soo nice ! my other two faves are milk candy and mint candy witch you can dubble dip with anything and get a fab result! mint candy with white to make flowers is soooooo bridle i think cos the blue is like tiny paparazzi camra flashes lol!

Ooh I am excited now I have just order a trial kit and a glitter cover foundation powder, can't wait to play!:)

I managed to get the time to try out my NFU.oh sample kit today and i really liked it.

Izzydoll very kindly sent me a little sample of the coral glitter colour discussed, its now on my nail beds looking beautiful (apart from my slightly dodgy application skills of course!) i was surprised how well it covered and how vibrant it was..... most of the glitter acrylics i've tried seemed a bit see through unless i applied them like cement!!

It was nice to apply and seemed really easy to file compared to the other company sample kits i've tried recently.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your advice, and that i'll happily be buying more from Affinti soon!!!

xx

I'm a die hard CND girl (L&P Master) but I love NFU.OH too

Like someone else said, it's perfect for persistant lifters, of which I am one. I am currently sporting nails which have been on now for 9 weeks, with 2 rebalances. I've been a nail tech for 5 years and I nail 'user' for 20 years and have never had nails on this long. In fact I've never rebalanced on myself as they usually lift after 2 days and I'm a picker/biter.

I find the product much softer, easier to use as it goes where you place it, clarity of pink is beautiful and shines really easily with a buffer.

I struggle with my white application but I just need to crack the ratio and I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just finding it hard at the moment.

Prep products (dehydrator and primer) are excellent and reasonably priced too

This thread reminds me that I want to place my initial order, I have been so busy I keep forgetting. I'm really digging all the colours and the cool nail polish bottle design.

I'm a die hard CND girl (L&P Master) but I love NFU.OH too

Like someone else said, it's perfect for persistant lifters, of which I am one. I am currently sporting nails which have been on now for 9 weeks, with 2 rebalances. I've been a nail tech for 5 years and I nail 'user' for 20 years and have never had nails on this long. In fact I've never rebalanced on myself as they usually lift after 2 days and I'm a picker/biter.

I find the product much softer, easier to use as it goes where you place it, clarity of pink is beautiful and shines really easily with a buffer.

I struggle with my white application but I just need to crack the ratio and I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just finding it hard at the moment.

Prep products (dehydrator and primer) are excellent and reasonably priced too

I havent had a chance to test out how well the products last but i agree that is seemed so easy to use and was wonderful to file!! I'm still training and still have to use my file more than i would like, but it was so much nicer to shape and buff than the other few systems i've tried!

Looking forward to the chance to get a bit of training with affinti in 2010 (if my other half can be convinced!!!)

Affinti also seem really helpful which is important too! As a newbie i really want to choose a company that i can go to if i have any queries.

I love nfu-oh, too, and am gradually building up a collection of their colour/glitter ranges. The products as a whole are easy to apply and file, they last well and the standard l&p is very well priced. This doesn't mean I'm abandoning my other favoured brands <cnd and ezflow>, but nfu-oh is an awesome addition. :)

I have just tried my trial kit too and it was nice to use and seems very easy to file - not that I had much to do as it went on nicely. I am a picker sadly too and if my edges show any signs of lifting, that is it so I am keen to see how well it wears :confused:

I also Have tried this product L&P and whilst I love the colours and the texture, I like Vetty found this quite a hard product, which on the whole is ok, but I worried about using this on clients such a horsey people as it might not break but rather rip. But as yet no problems so we will see.

But otherwise like I said fab colours and so easy to work with

xx

hi gillygirl,
i have to say too i love it from wot i have tried so far.. i got a sample few weeks back and both me n my clients love the 2 colour/glitters was given. they have all gone soo popular!!! im on the website now trying to pick which kit to buy!! :lol:
i use have used NSI Tech colours and various other add in glitters which i find all over, from craft shops to kids craft packs! but nfu oh seem to offer such a wide range and have some beautiful colours and it is lovely to use!!! i am eagerly awaiting the catalogue and I am praying they are at one of next yrs beauty shows!! I just passed my driving test thurs wooo hooo so as soon as the training dates start i will defo go on one!!!

hi gillygirl,
i have to say too i love it from wot i have tried so far.. i got a sample few weeks back and both me n my clients love the 2 colour/glitters was given. they have all gone soo popular!!! im on the website now trying to pick which kit to buy!! :lol:
i use have used NSI Tech colours and various other add in glitters which i find all over, from craft shops to kids craft packs! but nfu oh seem to offer such a wide range and have some beautiful colours and it is lovely to use!!! i am eagerly awaiting the catalogue and I am praying they are at one of next yrs beauty shows!! I just passed my driving test thurs wooo hooo so as soon as the training dates start i will defo go on one!!!

:) Another new fan like me then!! I may see you at a training day when they start!!

Izzi recommended the best choice 18 glitter kit to me recently as a great buy before christmas.... everyone likes to spakle in the festive season!

I keep looking on the website too but i cant get anything just yet :cry: as soon as i get my finds moving i think i'll be running up quite a bill though!!!!

As for the beauty shows.... i've just been looking on the facebook page and it says they are now sorting out the shows for 2010 and it says its considering Proffessional Beauty at Excel in March so possibly not too long to wait!!!

Congrats on passing your test by the way xx

Last edited:
i use NFU oh since about 6 months now and i love everything about it
the cover powder is realy beautiful and natural and no troubles with air bubbles or lifting
the bottles ore gorgeous and the number 12 brush and design brush are fantastic
the product applies very easy and is very soft to file
colors are all great and i know because i have them all :)
als the butterfly forms are realy fab
i can not realy say one bad thing about it since i am also a distributor in Belgium, the only negative thing so far is that they haven't colour gels yet for geldesign
cheers sabrina

OOhh march not far away!!! i cant wait... yes it will be pretty easy to spend a fortune!! too many too choose from! i just cant decide! :lol: i might try that kit! i do mainly colours and glitters and my clients want new diff all the time!!! yes i will try to get on 1st course..see u there!!
thanks ....get my car tues cant wait!!!!!! whooo hooo xx

Been thinking about trying the Nfu.Oh l&p, read through this thread, and decided to try it, just ordered the sample pack. I do still sometimes have problems with lifting (using a system that's not my favourite at work), so am hoping this range will help with this.

I really love Nfu.Oh. Glitter and Coloured Powder. They are amazing and easy to use. Nfu.Oh accessories are nice brush holder and dappen dish is what I'm crazy for.

You will like it!

Latest posts

Back