No Receipt of Geekbay Item

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacquisu

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me here, 2 weeks ago I bought a brisa lamp from a member on geekbay and she said it was going to be posted in the morning. I've not received the lamp or a reply to emails to her PM or hotmail address.

Any ideas what I can do now, I could start a dispute with Paypal but it seems harsh. I think I just want an explanation or a post office receipt to start with but without replies to email I'm totally in the dark....

I suppose there is a good chance she could of gone on hol, seems a bit strange that she didnt send lamp though.

sometimes a pay dispute makes them hurry up and send item as it has happened to me on ebay a couple of times.

good luck though hope you get your money back

Just discovered with a bit of help that she checked in to this website at 4.32 yesterday!

Now i'm mad!!

did she confirm that she had received the funds...?

you should be able to tell when you go into paypal it shows you the ins and outs of your money and who it has been paid to etc

Hi,

Can anyone help me here, 2 weeks ago I bought a brisa lamp from a member on geekbay and she said it was going to be posted in the morning. I've not received the lamp or a reply to emails to her PM or hotmail address.

Any ideas what I can do now, I could start a dispute with Paypal but it seems harsh. I think I just want an explanation or a post office receipt to start with but without replies to email I'm totally in the dark....

If she has been on the site she should have received pm's and email notification of them.
Unless someone else at home has access to the computer and have been looking at her posts?

You may as well make a complaint to Paypal, if they contact her and she ignores them then they will probably refund your money

its definately been paid and received - im going to send one last emailhen if no reply i shall start procedings with paypal

another thought, would you name and shame her on here if it was you to warn others or just keep it discreet?...

another thought, would you name and shame her on here if it was you to warn others or just keep it discreet?...
No I wouldn't tbh I'd let the mods know though

We don't encourage naming and shaming... the best thing is to let a moderator know... I'm pm'ing you as we speak :wink2:

I also bought a Brisa lamp through geekbay, the only way I got it was by applying to Paypal for a refund, notifying mods I had discussed it with and putting a neg comment on her advert.:irked::irked::irked:

It then miraculously arrived:rolleyes:

I also bought a Brisa lamp through geekbay, the only way I got it was by applying to Paypal for a refund, notifying mods I had discussed it with and putting a neg comment on her advert.:irked::irked::irked:

It then miraculously arrived:rolleyes:

Yes you'e guessed it I bought mine from the same person as Adele!! Lessons were obviously not learnt! Wish I'd known beforehand - i think Geekbay needs a feedback system like Ebay...:grr:

I don't know which geek member you bought your lamps from in Geekbay, but if it was someone who obviously only joined to 'sell their wares' on Geekbay I'd be avoiding them.

We're such a friendly community here that it's easy to think that we're all trustworthy, when unfortunately, we're not. Thankfully the dodgy ones are in the minority, but I do think it's worth pointing out to people that, just because they're buying from a 'Geek' doesn't mean it's 100% 'safe'. If it were me I would check out the number of posts they have made and make sure they are posting fairly regularly, if not, think twice about sending them your hard-earned money.

Jackie

personally i think that if that is the case and someone is ripping people off then she should be banned from selling on geekbay or even from this site.

personally i think that if that is the case and someone is ripping people off then she should be banned from selling on geekbay or even from this site.

Yeah too right angie, i think that it is well out of order i would escalate a claim with paypal hun, if she done it once stands to reason she will do it again and she should be banned from geekbay. :mad:

I agree with Angie (Bagpuss) and busybee 32.

Or if the person isn't banned, I think we ought to know who it was, not so there can be a backlash of nasty comments, obviously, but so we know who to avoid in Geekbay. Naming and shaming sucks but so does being ripped off.

There is a facility on geekbay, like Ebay where you can leave feedback both positive and negative. This should always be used by buyers and sellers to help others to make informed choices where purchases are concerned.

I have used this facility, but unfortunately not in time to help Jacquisu:cry:

Hi peeps, I started a Paypal dispute and finally got a response and an apology, it hadn't been posted yet. She admits she needed a kick up the bum. Now i'm waiting with baited breath for it to arrive this week....

Latest posts

Back