No7 new product?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but you can't compare two products if you've only tried one of them?

I use quite expensive make up - mines mostly Estée Lauder urban decay dior etc etc but I'm no fool and after trying tonnes of for example mascara inc ysl rimmel is 100% my fave. Your not always getting what you pay for and sometimes your just paying for the label xx

Defiantly, I've had expensive eyeshadow that comes off after an hour and cheap ones that stay put all day!!
Even my high end foundation slides off my oily skin within a few hours! I have super sensitive skin prone to breakouts so stuck with it for the moment :( xx

I product test for boots and regularly get new items to try. A couple of weeks ago I was sent a 'mystery' skin serum to trial, a plain white tube labelled sample 1 and advised how often to use it. I have and to be honest my skin definately seems better from using it. Wonder if it is this? It will be revealed at some point soon but I've never been sent an unlabelled product before, if I'm testing loreal for example it comes packaged as it would on the shelf normally.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400187333.144454.jpg

I product test for boots and regularly get new items to try. A couple of weeks ago I was sent a 'mystery' skin serum to trial, a plain white tube labelled sample 1 and advised how often to use it. I have and to be honest my skin definately seems better from using it. Wonder if it is this? It will be revealed at some point soon but I've never been sent an unlabelled product before, if I'm testing loreal for example it comes packaged as it would on the shelf normally.
View attachment 65130

I do product sampling too but I never get to find out what brand it belongs to, they all look like your little tube. Some have been really good, some have been pants. I've currently got a facial scrub that when you put in on your fingers and rub either on your face or on your hands, it goes really hot for a few seconds. Its bizarre. Has anyone had this before?

I do product sampling too but I never get to find out what brand it belongs to, they all look like your little tube. Some have been really good, some have been pants. I've currently got a facial scrub that when you put in on your fingers and rub either on your face or on your hands, it goes really hot for a few seconds. Its bizarre. Has anyone had this before?

Ooh strange. Never tried anything like that, sounds interesting though!

View attachment 65130

Oh that's interesting, I remember the hype about the original protect and perfect product was mentioned on tv I think as had ingredient that was proven to work so that made everyone rush out to buy it!
That range dose seem good xx

Its always in the Daily mail whenever Boots release a new Creme and they
Allways say its selling out.I could buy 2 for 3 today in my little chemists in the parade.

Yes but you can't compare two products if you've only tried one of them?

I use quite expensive make up - mines mostly Estée Lauder urban decay dior etc etc but I'm no fool and after trying tonnes of for example mascara inc ysl rimmel is 100% my fave. Your not always getting what you pay for and sometimes your just paying for the label xx

Sorry. Wasn't tryong to compare makeup. it was more geared towards skin care. However, I still stand by my opinion that I wouldn't put cheap products on my skin, I have never had good experience with cheaper end skin care or makeup. That is my personal and professional opinion. It isn't always just a label.
Ex.
$250 pair of Seven jeans fit me like a comfortable glove and last me 7 years..
Or
$50 pair of George jeans from Walmart that bleed, lose shape after the first wash and just look hideous with the cut.
In order to make profit of a product they have to cut corners, usually on quality as they have to mass produce the said product.
Same applies to makeup and skin care

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I wouldn't say its particularly cheap.Its about £25 pound for a very smal tube I'd sooner buy Gatineau,Elemis,orDecleor.

I've used a pre mixed blend of pure essential 5% neroli oil from Eve Taylor under my normal night moisturiser for a few weeks now and its definately perked my skin up and its cost a few pounds.

The sanctuary thermal exfoliator goes hot on damp skin so it could be that. It's absolutely amazing and my skin glows after using it. How did you get into product sampling? I'd love to do that!

The sanctuary thermal exfoliator goes hot on damp skin so it could be that. It's absolutely amazing and my skin glows after using it. How did you get into product sampling? I'd love to do that!

I have this exfoliator, it feels fab I love it! I'd also love to do product testing or sampling, I'll be keeping an eye out on how to get onto that!

Amanda xx

Just logged into my review panel account and it was indeed Protect and Perfect ADVANCED I've been trialling :) gotta say I'm impressed by it!
As for product testing, I was invited to join the Boots panel after I left some reviews on their website and as far as I know it's invite only, I've been on it for over 2 years now though.

Just logged into my review panel account and it was indeed Protect and Perfect ADVANCED I've been trialling :) gotta say I'm impressed by it!
As for product testing, I was invited to join the Boots panel after I left some reviews on their website and as far as I know it's invite only, I've been on it for over 2 years now though.

So how have your skin/wrinkles improved by using this - Interested to know . Did you have many wrinkles that needed 'ironing ' out and did it in fact work and if so over how long before you noticed a difference ?
Because looking at your profile pic you dont look that old
x

So how have your skin/wrinkles improved by using this - Interested to know . Did you have many wrinkles that needed 'ironing ' out and did it in fact work and if so over how long before you noticed a difference ?
Because looking at your profile pic you dont look that old
x

I'm 27 so not a lot of wrinkles and u believe the one I was sent was aimed at younger skin as there was sample 1 and sample 2. I may be wrong on that though. My skin had gone a bit downhill lately to be honest and I've found it looks a lot brighter, my dry patches have gone and the few wrinkles that have started on my forehead have definitely reduced to almost nothing. I've been using it for two weeks now morning and night. I can't speak for more mature skin but I know my auntie was trialling sample 2 so will ask how she's got on when I see her next and let you know on that one x

Soap and glory do this, is it green colour? I love it xx

I'm 27 so not a lot of wrinkles and u believe the one I was sent was aimed at younger skin as there was sample 1 and sample 2. I may be wrong on that though. My skin had gone a bit downhill lately to be honest and I've found it looks a lot brighter, my dry patches have gone and the few wrinkles that have started on my forehead have definitely reduced to almost nothing. I've been using it for two weeks now morning and night. I can't speak for more mature skin but I know my auntie was trialling sample 2 so will ask how she's got on when I see her next and let you know on that one x

Ah so only 27 ....... Not in my ball park at all. I would be interested to hear how it performs on the 'mature ' over 50's lol

Not to take away from your testing but really 27 is not the age to test a miracle 'wrinkle 'cream ;)

I honestly can't remember. I think it was an Internet advert.

"Clicks research"

Last edited:

Thank you for keeping us posted, good with have you to give us a review ;) xx

Ah so only 27 ....... Not in my ball park at all. I would be interested to hear how it performs on the 'mature ' over 50's lol

Not to take away from your testing but really 27 is not the age to test a miracle 'wrinkle 'cream ;)

My auntie is 49 so will definately find out how she got on with it xx

Latest posts

Back