Not one call

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Keeley, i've just looked at your gallery on your website. Make sure you are getting the best possible photo. take the tissue out of your clients toes first before you take a photo...:lick: please don't take this the wrong way but would your clients be facing a wall during your nail services. Try to look at things through the eyes of your clients. Is it an environment that they are able to relax in. Is the decor classy or trashy, first impressions count when someone walks past your door. you need to make it look inviting and sophisticated.

Take a look at my thread on how to promote your business.
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/83160-more-ways-promote-your-business.html#post848493

All of these ideas have worked for me.
Networking is absolutely key to your fledgling business. Only YOU can make this work, and make no mistake that it's darned hard work getting it off the ground.
The Athena Network has been amazingly successful for my business. There are several in Surrey - do contact them and see where your nearest one is.
The Athena Network| Kingston-Upon-Thames

At first you will spend far more getting the business than actually doing it. This is entirely to be expected!

Work hard!

I noticed that you are within a mile of an all ladies fitness centre called Curves. It might be worth your while to visit the facility and find out if they would let you leave some flyers. Explain to them that you are just starting up and that you would be willing to give a free service, to the manager or owner, (ie. spray tan?) in return for their generosity of letting you leave flyers and posters. This will be a great promo for your business! The manager/owner will be a walking builboard for you and if she is looking good, the members of her club are sure to ask where she had her spraytan done, or whatever service you chose to do. I own a Curves and I have a lady that gives a free massage to the member who is chosen from our monthly raffle. She has gained many repeat customers from this. I too, am one of her regular paying customers..I have realised I cannot live without my monthly massage from Maggie! Just a suggestion..I wish you all the best!
PS..word of mouth, your best advert!

Hi Keeley, i've just looked at your gallery on your website. Make sure you are getting the best possible photo. take the tissue out of your clients toes first before you take a photo...:lick: please don't take this the wrong way but would your clients be facing a wall during your nail services. Try to look at things through the eyes of your clients. Is it an environment that they are able to relax in. Is the decor classy or trashy, first impressions count when someone walks past your door. you need to make it look inviting and sophisticated.

Thank you, I know I hate the red wall in the room, I am allowed to paint it but not sure what colour to do?

Do you think the Red is too much.

I appreciate your comments thank you x

I noticed that you are within a mile of an all ladies fitness centre called Curves. It might be worth your while to visit the facility and find out if they would let you leave some flyers. Explain to them that you are just starting up and that you would be willing to give a free service, to the manager or owner, (ie. spray tan?) in return for their generosity of letting you leave flyers and posters. This will be a great promo for your business! The manager/owner will be a walking builboard for you and if she is looking good, the members of her club are sure to ask where she had her spraytan done, or whatever service you chose to do. I own a Curves and I have a lady that gives a free massage to the member who is chosen from our monthly raffle. She has gained many repeat customers from this. I too, am one of her regular paying customers..I have realised I cannot live without my monthly massage from Maggie! Just a suggestion..I wish you all the best!
PS..word of mouth, your best advert!

Thank you, I will try them, are they on the inernet, I am not sure where they are I will look them up?

Thanks again

Thank you I will give them a call today.

:D

Lynne you should be some form of motivational speaker!!!

erm, well, funny you should say that! I've just been asked to be one!

WOW I must be psychic :D

Thats pretty exciting! Anyway the thread that Lynne did was a great help to me when I started. :D Good luck xxx

Thank you, I know I hate the red wall in the room, I am allowed to paint it but not sure what colour to do?

Do you think the Red is too much.

I appreciate your comments thank you x

From the photo you have it looks a little cold and uninviting.

try moving your table to it's near a window

WOW I must be psychic :D

Thats pretty exciting! Anyway the thread that Lynne did was a great help to me when I started. :D Good luck xxx

How kind of you!

Unfortunatley I do not have a window in the room it is only a little room.

I have moved it around and will upload some pictures shortley.

I will paint the wall white to match the others.

Thank you for your comments.

If anyone has any pics of there rooms they could send me that would be fab, to get some ideas on what I can do with mine/

congrats on getting the call! if one person has noticed you then that means that you are infact visable to the paying public, did you ask where she heard about you/seen you? i'm sure the calls from now on will just come rolling in! :D x

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that one call will automatically lead to another. Marketing your business is something you have to do constantly, and consistently.
Coca Cola is the world's most popular soft drink, and has been for years. Yet they still advertise their product everywhere.
It's absolutely essential to get your name known and keep it known.
It takes 2 years to build a business and 5 to build a name. Be targeted in your marketing and keep doing it, drip, drip, drip.

Great advice Lyn x

congrats on getting the call! if one person has noticed you then that means that you are infact visable to the paying public, did you ask where she heard about you/seen you? i'm sure the calls from now on will just come rolling in! :D x

Thank you I hope they will. Thanks again for your support. x

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that one call will automatically lead to another. Marketing your business is something you have to do constantly, and consistently.
Coca Cola is the world's most popular soft drink, and has been for years. Yet they still advertise their product everywhere.
It's absolutely essential to get your name known and keep it known.
It takes 2 years to build a business and 5 to build a name. Be targeted in your marketing and keep doing it, drip, drip, drip.

Fantastic advice - couldn't agree more. Never stop marketing.

Fantastic advice Lynne and I really could not agree with you more.

Keeleyp, I do think you need to cheer the room up a bit it does look somewhat uninviting.

Your website gallery pictures could be much better. I personally think if you are going to put any pictures on any website for the services you are offering they must be good, even before and after ones. In my advice if your gallery pictures are not good then take the gallery web link off your site.

I think you could promote your services by giving your clients an explanation of what treatments are, I know for us all we know what they are but I had a client a while back who did not understand what lash extensions where. I think by glamorising your website up and using sentences like wouldn’t you love to have thick long lush lashes etc… would help your beauty business. Have you thought of offering any other services in the future such as nails etc?

Good luck with everything keeleyp and I hope it all works out well for you
;)

Latest posts

Back