Nouvatan 20%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your quiet right angellina there is no magic ingredient in "Rapid Tans" they are high DHA solutions with added erythrolose as a secondary tanning agent. We decided to just be honest and instead of saying it's a specially formulated rapid tan. We have just told the truth. It's a high DHA solution that can be used as a rapid tan. If you use it on an olive skinned client you will get the equivalent of a 12% tan after around 4 hours so you could have a tan at 3pm and be out on the town for 8pm
If however your client wants to brave it out and go for the full 8 hours then be prepared it made me look Asian for the first 3 days.
We have tested it for 2 months every day on different skin types and have washed it off at different times and have not had anybody turn orange or fade off badly

And this is why I love Nouvatan... They are honest its unreal! I love their customer service. As for them getting the recognition they deserve, I make sure I help every bit towards that. When I brought Nouvatan I had never heard of them before but 90% of my clients go for Nouvatan over Fake Bake, I thought the 16% would come out fake looking but my clients love it! I am so happy you have brought out a rapid tan as this was a let down for me!! I hated the thought of having to leave nouvatan!!
I charge £15 for normal tans but wondering whether to charge £18 as a rapid tan? :biggrin:

Hi, I would say no but I may be wrong! Not sure about the price of the 20% but the rapid tan I ve been using is alot more expensive than the normal tan in the range so I charge more. Like I say, I may be wrong but if it doesn t cost anymore seems wrong to charge more. .x

Hi, I would say no but I may be wrong! Not sure about the price of the 20% but the rapid tan I ve been using is alot more expensive than the normal tan in the range so I charge more. Like I say, I may be wrong but if it doesn t cost anymore seems wrong to charge more. .x
Your spot on and thats why were not charging double the price for our Rapid tan like some other tanning suppliers have been doing. We have had to charge a few quid more as there is more DHA in the 20% solution. its obviously double that of the 10%. High grade organic DHA is not cheap.but you will still have a little bit of change from £40, for a litre.

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try the Nouvatan 20% which can be used as a rapid tan?
If so could you please tell me what its like? What sort of colour you get if you only leave it on for 3 hours?

Thanks xx

This picture just posted of another person who trialed the 20% this is 2 days after take a look hun
Wall Photos | Facebook
Not an orange tinge in sight! looks fab dont u think a natural brown tan :biggrin:

This picture just posted of another person who trialed the 20% this is 2 days after take a look hun
Wall Photos | Facebook
Not an orange tinge in sight! looks fab dont u think a natural brown tan :biggrin:

Thanks LisaP.....i think it looks great too...i suppose it helps that she's a beautiful model lol

I agree with everything Lisa P has said.......when i trialed it, it was fantastic....i sprayed 3 girls with it (2 for the full development time) & 1 using it as a rapid tan.....I loved it...they loved it!!

I will say that the two girls that left in on for the full time, did notice the wear off a little bit more (no where near drastically)....but surely thats too be expected!!

I know for sure that one of my clients will be so pleased with this because...she actually books the day after her spray tan off work!! because she hates it & cant sleep with it on lol...so she will be so happy that she can now wash it off after 4 hours!!

Also....i would say that actually....16% is probably my most popular at the moment.....but my clientelle is mainly late teens, early 20's & i find they always want to be dark!!

all in all.....because its nouvatan...its fantastic!! :) :)

oh & the pic of my model wearing the 20% was left on for the full development time...this is 2 days after :)....There is nothing fake about it :)

The member FTNW who was posting negative comments about the pics of the 20% tan on the Nouvatan facebook page was the only person to say anything negative. She was apparently a Troll already banned from this site. who set up a fake geek membership. :evil:

I have tried it out as a rapid tan, i bought the 200ml sample pack and it is brilliant, left in on for 3 hours and it washed off looking like a normal 10%. It did nt last as long as the normal tan it faded after about 5 days I usually get around 8 days from 10% Nouvatan But all in all I was very impressed, ordered a litre :lol:

I have tried it out as a rapid tan, i bought the 200ml sample pack and it is brilliant, left in on for 3 hours and it washed off looking like a normal 10%. It did nt last as long as the normal tan it faded after about 5 days I usually get around 8 days from 10% Nouvatan But all in all I was very impressed, ordered a litre :lol:
The sad fact is that high DHA tans? or rapid tans:rolleyes: do not last as long as the lower Dha tans.. but on a positive note if the tan does fade quicker then that means you can Re-Tan faster, and make more money :lol::lol: it is great for a weekly tan where as the 8 day fade off of our normal solution could be timed to last 2 weekends one dark and with a subtle glow, The 20% can be applied as a rapid tan on A Friday at 5pm and washed off at 8pm and used as a weekly fix :biggrin::wink2:

hmmm i have just read this whole thread avidly and am now convinced i need to trial some of this Nouvatan. I will be in touch with you!! The 20% sounds fantastic but i wouldn't mind trying the 14% as i have never used anything over 12%... (only been tanning since august lol!) great thread xx

hmmm i have just read this whole thread avidly and am now convinced i need to trial some of this Nouvatan. I will be in touch with you!! The 20% sounds fantastic but i wouldn't mind trying the 14% as i have never used anything over 12%... (only been tanning since august lol!) great thread xx

I got the trial packs of 10/12/14/16% and tested them last week after reading so many good comments on SG. They are fab...all my testers loved the colour and the fade off was better than any other brand I've tried. So good in fact that one of my testers has booked in for another 16% this weekend and I have just ordered a sample of the 20%.

Nouvatan is my new brand :Love:

I got the trial packs of 10/12/14/16% and tested them last week after reading so many good comments on SG. They are fab...all my testers loved the colour and the fade off was better than any other brand I've tried. So good in fact that one of my testers has booked in for another 16% this weekend and I have just ordered a sample of the 20%.

Nouvatan is my new brand :Love:

Thanks for that.. SG has been a total help for me regarding all the different solutions but you're right Nouvatan does seem to have the most positive feedback, especially where the fade off is concerned!

We were asked to produce a Rapid tan by our customers. It's no coincidence that no rapid tans have the strength of the DHA contained in the solution on the bottles. If you actually read the ingredients on the bottles of Rapid tans you will find no difference in any active tanning agents, there occasionally a few different bronzing agents or added vitamins etc. But the basis of rapid tans is high DHA and erythrolose.
We have always used high grade organic DHA and active organic Ingredients to blend our solutions. It gives a really natural result and it has lead to the almost cult following amongst salon professionals. we now have a fantastic reputation as tanning solution suppliers we were shortlisted for awards alongside the big names this year, Fake bake, St Tropez Sienna and our selves
We did nt win as they have much more customers than us voting ! But we are getting the recognition we deserve now.
I cannot comment on the Strength of DHA in other Rapid tans but our Rapid tan is 20% as I suspect is the case with some other companies products.
We have always been totally honest, hence we felt we should tell the truth on the solution strength of our rapid tan. And not dress it up as a Magic formula because truth is it's just a high DHA organic tan that does what it says on the tin its a NO UVA TAN :wink2:

I'm so glad you've let everyone know the percent of your 'rapid tan'. When I rang and asked one of the brand leaders what % their 'rapid tan' was, she wouldn't divulge any info which was a little annoying! I did buy their 'rapid tan' but after reading and seeing the results of your 20% I shall definitely be heading your way!! :wink2:

we have blended and bottled a new batch of the 20% rapid tan this evening. There was a few supply issues with the first batch as we were not expecting such huge demand for a new product. And we unfortunately had to limit each customer to one litre each.
As has been said by those who have tested the Rapid tan, this tan gives a good colour when showered off 4 hours after application. It is a true Rapid tan. Perfect for the Christmas party season

I tried the 20% as a rapid tan and also the 10% on myself. I'm really impressed with the colour so far...:biggrin:
I applied the 20% on my eldest at 9.30pm on Thursday and she left it 2.5 hours before showering it off. By the morning it was a fairly nice tan - in the region of a 10%. By 9am Saturday it was a gorgeous 12-14% - super colour - love it! I can't comment on the fade-off on this one but I can say the fade-off on my 10% was very natural...:biggrin:

So that's it, I've now got my two tans - after altering my plans lol!:lol: It's Vani-T and Nouvatan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the 20% on myself. Im dark haired but quite pale. Left for 2 hours, washed off & only a slight colour but by morning about 6 hrs later It was a gorgeous 10%. i was so impressd & had lots of compliments!
Its 5 days now and the fade off is so slight it hardly notices!
Verdict - i love it! with the previous solution I used I would never go darker than a 10% but I would def try leaving on another hour next time as it looked so natural! Its perfect for me as I cant stand sleeping in tan! Xx

Thanks LisaP.....i think it looks great too...i suppose it helps that she's a beautiful model lol

I agree with everything Lisa P has said.......when i trialed it, it was fantastic....i sprayed 3 girls with it (2 for the full development time) & 1 using it as a rapid tan.....I loved it...they loved it!!

I will say that the two girls that left in on for the full time, did notice the wear off a little bit more (no where near drastically)....but surely thats too be expected!!

I know for sure that one of my clients will be so pleased with this because...she actually books the day after her spray tan off work!! because she hates it & cant sleep with it on lol...so she will be so happy that she can now wash it off after 4 hours!!

Also....i would say that actually....16% is probably my most popular at the moment.....but my clientelle is mainly late teens, early 20's & i find they always want to be dark!!

all in all.....because its nouvatan...its fantastic!! :) :)

Thanks jenna nouvatan just always ticks myself and my client boxes and needs im a happy Nouvatanner hehe x

I have just sprayed my first 20% client. Was a bit concerned as the guide colour wasn't as dark as I expected it to be and I used very little with the first application so did a second and still only used around 40ml. I told my client that if she chickens out she can wash it off after 4 hours but she is determined that she's holding out for the full 8 hours! I'm sooo excited to find out :lick:

I have just sprayed my first 20% client. Was a bit concerned as the guide colour wasn't as dark as I expected it to be and I used very little with the first application so did a second and still only used around 40ml. I told my client that if she chickens out she can wash it off after 4 hours but she is determined that she's holding out for the full 8 hours! I'm sooo excited to find out :lick:
the guide colour is the same in all strengths of solution the 8% and the 20% look exactly the same when first applied. HTH

Yes that helps a lot, I trialled the 8% and 12% some time ago now and finally got my stock in at Professional Beauty, so this was the first Nouvatan I've done for a while. Just assumed it would be slightly darker with the 20%, plus the lighting wasn't fantastic so that didn't help lol! But I am sooo excited to find out how it looks tomorrow and will post feedback xxx

Latest posts

Back