Now I've heard it all (Shellac removal)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
Had a new client in my salon today, she booked In for shellac removal and reapplication.

She tells me she previously went to a hairdressers in town who did a dry ( yes, DRY)removal of shellac. It was her first removal so she wasn't sure.... Even though she thought it was weird.

I am not shocked, more peeved off that people get away with this! Grr.

A dry removal? How? Haha x

Dry??? Did she just peel it off her???

Do you mean she filed it off? That's terrible

was told by a client also that her tech peeled the shellac from her. n yes the client paid the tech for doing this. i was shocked!

The thought of someone peeling or pulling anything off nails makes me shiver! I've heard of this too from a client how also went to her local hairdresser. she was also told it was shellac. it wasnt. i think its sheer laziness and stupidity, how can this be quicker than soaking it off with the wraps? shocking

one of my clients was telling whilst i was applying her foil wraps yesterday that she was told by her friend who bought Shellac from Amazon "i don't bother with remover wraps. I just HEAT THE ACETONE IN MY MICROWAVE and then soak my fingers in it"

oh my flippin' goodness! I actually stopped what i was doing to pick my jaw up off the floor!

A lady I did for the first time yesterday was worried how she would get her shellac off two weeks down the line ( I told her to come back to me for removal) .
The last person who did her shellac told her to soak it off in a bowl of diluted nail polish remover......half nail polish remover, half water :eek: The lady said she thought this sounded odd but she trusted the lady and did this anyway . Result ....Shellac that didn't budge lol

was told by a client also that her tech peeled the shellac from her. n yes the client paid the tech for doing this. i was shocked!

one of my clients was telling whilst i was applying her foil wraps yesterday that she was told by her friend who bought Shellac from Amazon "i don't bother with remover wraps. I just HEAT THE ACETONE IN MY MICROWAVE and then soak my fingers in it"

oh my flippin' goodness! I actually stopped what i was doing to pick my jaw up off the floor!

I'm speechless... for once! :eek:

:eek:

How could anyone be so God darn bloody stupid ?!?! Even if you know nothing about nails and it was the first time you had ever used acetone... It's says 'highly flammable' on the bottle, so why would it then enter your head to put it in an ELECTRIC MICROWAVE!!!! I have two words to describe that person (although don't think I could share on here) I'll let you guess the first word, second word starts with T and ends with T !!! Haha! Seriously.... Some people have no common sense at all!!!

wow there are no words to describe how stupid that is!

keep watching the news for "local women burned when mocrowave exploded!" jeeeeeze!

I had a client Friday who had been travelling through America and had gone to have her shellac removed the nail tech did the microwave stunt, I couldn't believe it when she told me!! Think I did a gold fish impression lol! Madness!

Apperantly a lot of techs in my area don't no how to do a fill, so they just do full sets. But they don't no how to do removals either :eek:

So the amount of times iv heard "oh she just used nail clippers to crack it in half and us a cutical pick thing and peel it off the nail" is shocking oooh painful. Iv seen a couple of these poor nails. ooh its horrible.

I'ta a wonder she never melted her fingers off too. What a silly and so very dangerous thing to do.:rolleyes:

There was actually an article in nails magazine a good few years back about a tech who did this somewhere in America. She ended up badly burnt because when she opened the microwave it exploded.:Scared:

Can not believe the stories...... Totally gobsmacked😳

Acetone in a microwave?! Jaw droppingly stupid but surely anyone, whether a therapists or not, with an ounce of common sense should realise putting a flammable liquid in a heating device is looking for danger, I mean if you didn't have a microwave would you suggest heating it on the hob??? Crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back