NSI brush-on-white when doing hollywood toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
Hi there,

I use NSI's brush on white when doing Hollywood Toes but I feel it's just too runny, I know you can do a freeze cure for 10 seconds but sometimes even when my clients move their feet from my knees to the UV lamp, the gel has blurred slightly around the edges and is no longer crisp.

Am I alone in noticing this? And what would you do to rectify this? Should I be using builder gel instead?

Many thanks

Lisa

I haven't used NSI but my first thoughts are perhaps you are putting the gel on too thick. When I apply white gel, I use a toothpick - it is fab for applying the gel nice and thin but with enough density. HTHs x

Hi Christine,

Thanks for replying, I use a dotting tool to apply, then tidy edge with gel brush. But you may be right, maybe the dotting tool is too big? Will get some cocktail sticks and have a go. x

Cheers. :D

I have used it in the past & it is very runny so you have to be really quick! Builder White is much more well behaved!!

Having said that I am now using both Gelish & Shelac for this on toes, lasts just as well, very easy to apply, looks nice & thin just like polish & removal is much quicker too.

I bought the Cream Puff and Negligee Shellac the other day, was hoping to try it out on my mum last night as a french polish but she went for Tutti Frutti instead! Grrrrrr ;-) :D

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it too runny though, may mix with sculpt in the meantime to thicken it. Want to reserve my Shellac for hands whilst there's a shortage on basecoat. :)

i use nsi brush on white,the trick is to wipe over your base first with ur normal gel cleanser, then apply the white, it wont run then or change shape, i do 2 thin coats too x

I use brush on French White n I found it ok. On fingers or toes .. Defo lock the gel into place after every finger but I did two toes at a time then the big toe last.. Dotting tool on toes n I use a brush on fingers..

i use NSI brush on white , and sometimes find that when i clean my brush off there is sometimes too much cleanse on the brush and this will affect the smile line , so if cleaning your brush in between sweeping the smile line, make sure it's not too wet :hug:

i use nsi brush on white,the trick is to wipe over your base first with ur normal gel cleanser, then apply the white, it wont run then or change shape, i do 2 thin coats too x

I use this technique too

Sounds like you apply too much. I used to work with nsi in the spa and never had problems. Mind you don't want toes too thick anyway.

You can try to remove tacky layer from free edge and apply french with dotting tool or tooth pick like mentioned earlier. Do 4 small toes first and then big toes.

Hope this helps.

I would recommend to try Shellac. So much easier to do and so much easier to remove) bliss ) and more £ to earn. Clients just love the no filing part.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Cheers guys, I appreciate the replies.

Natalyia, I do actually use shellac but didn't want to use it when it used to be on ration!! ;))) x

Cheers guys, I appreciate the replies.

Natalyia, I do actually use shellac but didn't want to use it when it used to be on ration!! ;))) x

Lol - not anymore thank god)

Nail designer with a twist;)

Latest posts

Back