NSI Colour gels help with pricing etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelnailz

Reaction score
hey geeks

Is it just me or do the gels not cover great?? Some seem ok, the darker more pigmented ones but having issues with the lighter coloured ones....has anyone else? They seem to last ok though but am a bit dissapointed :eek:

Hi, I have used NSI colour gels, only a limited selection. I did not experience any problems with the colour. You do need to ensure that you mix/stir the colour gel well as some pigment does go to the bottom of the pot (don't whip the gel or you will get air bubbles) hth's:hug:

Thanks Andrea :hug: I did stir the gel xx

Let's be real about this geeks ............ not disappointed.

The coverage of any polish colour or gel is determined and dependent on the pigment in that polish or gel.

No one can expect every single colour to cover the same as another or even to 'work' the same as another. Pigment changes consistency and therefore workability and opacity. You want more opacity of a light colour then you have to use more layers of that colour .... simple.

Let's be real about this geeks ............ not disappointed.

The coverage of any polish colour or gel is determined and dependent on the pigment in that polish or gel.

No one can expect every single colour to cover the same as another or even to 'work' the same as another. Pigment changes consistency and therefore workability and opacity. You want more opacity of a light colour then you have to use more layers of that colour .... simple.
i agree with gigi.
i wouldnt expect to only have to do one coat when using a nail polish although it can be frustrating when it come out a different colour than what it look like in the pot,lol
i use nsi coloured gels and i like them and they last relly well.
however i havent tried all the colours but i bought the platinum colour thinking it was going to come out silver but its more like a shimmer rather than a colour,but i actually really like it as it can go with anything,although i would still like a silver,lol

Thanks folks for the feed back, I don't expect to have the gel coverage in one coat :D or even two and do realise differences in pigment etc can factor into the coverage but when something is advertised as covering beautifully in one or two coats when in truth it`s more like four then disappointment did creep in :hug: thats why I asked for feedback on this particular gel product as I`m new to gel and it`s possibly down to my application. :) Cheers xxx

Which colours have you got? I have got a few, the deepest pigment I have is Sangria (my favourite) which I can do in one coat. x

im also curious to know what colours you have?

hi, sorry for an off-topic but has anybody here tried NSI 3D gels? I've got the set of them recently and I find it very difficult to work with :(

Hey everyone

Im trained in acrylic but was wondering about maybe doing a course in gels also, ive had a lookie at some videos and see that you use a builder first, obviously this is to "build" the nail, is this what you use to also build the apex?

I remember seeing girls doing it when i trained back in oct/nov and they found it quite easy to master

Also, can i use gel colours over my clear acrylics? im sure i can but thought id ask for your expertise!

Thanks in advance

yes you use a builder gel for the first thin bonder layer and then depending on what sort of colour you want you can use the same or a different builder gel to build the apex etc..
and yes you can use coloured gels over acrylic it works great

hi, sorry for an off-topic but has anybody here tried NSI 3D gels? I've got the set of them recently and I find it very difficult to work with :(
ive got them but i cant manage to use them either,lol

Hi
I have just purchased the nsi colour gels and find although they are great, my nails just come out too thick.

First I have put on tips as my nails are so short, so I put on 2 layers of builder gel for added strength, then 2 coats of colour gel, then finishing gel.

Firstly do I only need one layer of buillder gel on, or is that depending on nail length, natural nails or tips. Also maybe I am not putting the colour gel on thin enough, I think maybe I put it on too thick to make sure I get good coverage.

Also sometime I get a bubble (lump) in the coour gel, dont kno why, is this because of my lamp. Im using a Creative Brisa lamp as I normally use creative products.

How do i know when i need to change the lamps in my light.

I would appreciate any help that any one can give as Im doing a friends nails tomorrow and want them to come out nice and alot thinner, and mine have come out very dull as well, even though I used finishing gel.

Also can anyone tell me what colour gels are popular, I have a few but would like to get a few more:).

Thanks

hi
can you tell me what you charge for colour gel on toes and on hands.

Was thinking maybe I should charge a different price if someone wants tips on as well rather than on there natural nails.

So need pricing for Colour gel Overlays and Colour gel extensions and colour gel toes also for hollywood gel toes (white and pink/clear).

I would use the same method when putting over natural nails as i would on tips, is this correct or maybe just another think layer of builder gel before I apply the colour.:)

Thanks

Really depends on your area, try looking at local salons to get an idea.

But i charge £18.50 for a full colour overlay and £20.00 for a french overlay. I think my prices are cheap compared to a lot of salon near me but i've not been doing gels long

Really depends on your area, try looking at local salons to get an idea.

But i charge £18.50 for a full colour overlay and £20.00 for a french overlay. I think my prices are cheap compared to a lot of salon near me but i've not been doing gels long

Hi
Thanks for your reply, that is very cheap. Shame you dont live near me because I would happily pay that for a treat. I was thinking of charging £20 for full colour gel overlay and maybe a couple of quid more if they want tips on as well. Dont really know any salons that do colour gels so think I will try a few salons in the next town to get some ideas.

Do you only put one layer of builder gel on before you apply the colour gel.

Thanks

Abi:)

Hi, I'm using OPI Axxium couloured gel for overlays, and I'm charging £25.00 for coloured on hands, £30.00 for french, and the same price on toes.

Christine

Hi, I'm using OPI Axxium couloured gel for overlays, and I'm charging £25.00 for coloured on hands, £30.00 for french, and the same price on toes.

Christine

Hi Christine

Thats a more realistic price, I would pay that. What do you think of the OPI Axxium gels, it was a hard choice to pick which brand to use, I use creative acrylics normally but am practicing with NSI at the moment so thought I would try the NSI gels, they seem ok, but I havent tried any others so cant comment on them really. Thanks Abi

Like i said, i've only been doing gels for a short period of time so thats more of a trail price to see how i get on.

I do 1 lbuilder clear, 2 layers of colour and 1 layer of finishing clear
And for french i do 1 builder clear, 2 builder pink, paint white tip and 1 finish clear

Like i said, i've only been doing gels for a short period of time so thats more of a trail price to see how i get on.

I do 1 lbuilder clear, 2 layers of colour and 1 layer of finishing clear
And for french i do 1 builder clear, 2 builder pink, paint white tip and 1 finish clear

Thanks for that, think this is where I am going wrong, I have been putting 2 layers of builder clear on first, if I was to put tips on someone because they had short nails would I only put on 1 layer or 2 for extra strength. Also do you just put 2 thin coats of colour gel on. Think I might be applying it too thick to get an even coat.

Yes i agree you need to try cheaper prices when just starting out, well done you for opening up a salon, I would love to do that.

Good luck with your new business adventure.

Abi

Latest posts

Back