Nsi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychoalley

Reaction score
Hi all Nail Geeks

I have been training at Oldham College in Greater Manchester. Throughout my training it has been recommended that I use producys only from NSI. When I have asked whether other products were good/bad/indifferent I have been told to use ONLY NSI. I'm not sure I agree with this, but don't really know which of the other products available (star, millennium, CDN, IBD etc) to use. I have been told to stay away from star, yet their polish remover is the best I have ever used, otherwise I know nothing. Can any of you fantastic nail techs help me out please? :confused:

Did the college give you a kit containing NSI or was you told to purchase a kit from NSI?
I use NSI and get along just fine with it as do quite alot of other geeks on here.
I then went on to do a conversion to Creative last year.

Both products are great to work with and its lets me offer a choice to the clients.

Which ever you choose you can always do a conversion and train in another chick.

i trained using nsi products and i think there fab,im sure if you do a search on here you will find loads of threads about them and see how many techs use there products.xx

I too use NSI products and I agree they are great.
What I would say is that you may be better off stickıng to one product line whilst you are still training. I say this because if you experience problems and you have in essence "mixed n matched" your products it may be hard to pin point your problem.

Also just a note, you may already know but its not advisable to mıx liquıd and powder from different brands.
Hope thıs helps
:D

I am at college at the moment and I am using NSI, but my tutor told me that there are alot of other products out there and to try them all and find out which one I prefered.She also recommend training in my product of choice if it was not NSI. But I do love the NSI gel.

The same college as I trained at!!

Did you learn much?

Who taught you??

We also used NSI and I got on with their products fine. NSI is a good company.

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. To Fingertips ND, my tutor is Ruth Robinson. She's very nice and seems to know pretty much everything I've ever needed an answer to. Considering it's a part time course, I feel I have learned a lot, though you have to do loads and loads of practice at home (it's only 3 hours per week), and there's no A & P covered, so I will be doing the VCTC in this before I launch myself on the paying public!

Regards
Alison

Latest posts

Back