Nsi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maneater

Reaction score
Hi Guy please help me out looking for advice:irked:
I have been using NSI balance gel I did my training with NSI only thing is I though it to be a really good product but now I'm not so sure, I have found the it hasn't got a very strong bond to the natural nail, is it just that I'm a newbie and I'm only doing gel a few months. I am very careful with my prep work and use all the correct steps and products and when they are finished they really look great and the bond to the natural nail looks to be fine but when it comes to about one week of wearing them something goes terrible wrong they can come off or left really badly is it me, assumed something I was doing is wrong until I spoke to a friend of mine who owns her own nail salon and she advised that she found NSI was pron to lift allot.What do I do I have tried everything, Please help, I'm really fussy and want to give my clients what they deserve great nails,the other thing is if I was to change products I have been advised they young nails synergy gel is really good, or evoke nail gel by Odyssey nail systems or en vogue nail gel if anyone has or is using any of these products can you let me know what you would recommend , need to find out is it me or my product always learning.Sorry if Ive rambled on but would really like to get some advice.:rolleyes:

What do you do for prep...?

wipe down nail with acetone#
Push back cuticle and remove pterygiem
Gentle etch natural nail vertical strokes
remove dust
apply nail pure
let dry to chalky white
apply tip blend flush to nail apply balance bond let dry 1 min
then start to apply gel in each step.

are you making sure that NO gel touches the sides/cuticle area...?

yep as i know this is the most common cause of lifting maybe I should be even more cautious and really avoid them I am somethings worried of leaving to much of a gap as some client will complain even when I explain why I am doing it. So do you think its not the product its something I may be doing.Do you use NSI yourself.

I don't use NSI hun... but I know lots of others do and say its a good product. To be honest most of the time these sorts of problems are down to being new at it...dont give up on your product just yet...:hug:

Where does the gel start to lift away first....?

Cute and side walls are lifting first I think you are on to something I'm going to go on with caution and stay clear of the cute and sidewalls maybe Im not being careful enough thanks for all the help sometimes it helps to get another view as you can get so caught up it whats going wrong the answer is staring you in the face and you cant see it , Ill keep going and let you know how things work out ,
Thabks again
:)

remove dust
apply nail pure
let dry to chalky white

First, as this is a 'teaching' site (and it's best we all learn the correct terms for things) may I just point out that you are not removing pterygium.

Your job is to remove the cuticle (which is non living skin cells attached to the plate). Pterygium is an abnormal growth of skin which is living and it is not the same at all as cuticle. Neither could you remove pterygium ... it is way too painful.

Secondly, looking at your prep it seems to me that with all those steps you should dehydrate the plate again after blending the tips and before your balance bond. While blending you probably have touched the plate and perhaps deposited oil or other contamination there.

Hi I use NSI balance gel I cant rate it high enough, your prep sounds good, so I am thinking mb you need to be extra careful in the sidewall and cuticle area, I would do as you say and keep going for a while yet, and see how things go, I doubt very much its the product. Hope you sort it out soon hun ..xxxx

I love NSI its a great gel to work with stick with it hun as your prep is by the book i have trouble with sidewall lifting but im getting there now practise practise practise:)

remove dust
apply nail pure
let dry to chalky white
i agree with what geeg has said.
i use nsi gels and have been amazedwith it as i recently had a client come back to me afetr 4 weeks and she had no lifting at all.(theres pictures of this in my album).
i would say that that it may benefit you too to dehydrate the nails after you have finished blending tips as this is the way i would do it.
as you said you are still a newbie and you were right to ask questions rather than listening to someone else and blaming the products.
you could also try phoning nsi as they would be able to help you its a free phone number which is 055 131 009.
good luck and i hope you get it sorted,please ask if i can help you anymore.xx

Maybe try the new nail pure plus. I found it was very easy to get contamination in a brush on dehydrator, I got far better results when I changed over.
I too would suggest dehydrating again once you have blended the tip.
HTH

There is no need to wipe the natural nail with acetone before begining your prep.

Use Vanish Cuticle Dissolve, follow with Cleanse as this will remove any remaining Vanish from the natural nail plate.

remove dust

At this point I would apply your tips and blend them, and remove any dust before applying Nail Pure and Nail Pure Plus. Double dehydrating will help with lift prone clients

balance bond let dry 1 min

When applying your first layer of gel make sure that it is applied thin, applying your first coat too thick can cause lifting problems. If possible see if you can get a copy of NSI Beyond the Basics DVD this is an amazing DVD and will help you in many areas.

Hope this helps

To get the Beyond the Basics DVD just email [email protected] with your details and the subject FREE DVD for your copy.

Hi Guys thanks for all the advice it has really helped, first i would like to say sorry for quoting incorrectly what I meant to say was pushing back eponychium not pterygiem as I do know the difference between both pterygiem being the true cutical made up of living tissue call it lost of concentration for a moment but thank you for pointing this out.I have also got the NSI beyond basic s DVD I received this with my training so I have watched it repeatably since mentioned. I have taken all of whats has been said on board and think I may have found were things were going wrong .I was nt being carful enough with my side walls, I have done many since and have had to problems or lifting even on my own nails. So thank you all for the support and ill keep going as learning is what makes us better.

Latest posts

Back