** Official 2011 Dancing on Ice thread **

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Evening Geeks!

I've opened a thread especially for Dancing on Ice 2011 as i've got a feeling there will be lots of posts/questions!

People are already asking me on twitter what Kerry Katona has on her nails so there is obviously a lot of interest out there!

When X Factor was on there were weekly updates to let us know what polishes/products were used on the contestants which was fantastic! A lot of OPI colours were used on X Factor so each week I would buy the colours that were used and they were very popular...I've been told that CND session techs are doing the nails on Dancing on Ice, i've sent a message to Mrs Geek to check so hopefully we can hear all the backstage nail & beauty gossip!!!

xx :hug: xx

Last edited:
I watched it but didnt even notice.... x

I watched it earlier, well I was geeking too:lol: I thought the contestants were great, so guttsy. But I have to say I didn't notice nails, makeup, and was only just aware of costums, being completly caught up in the skateing itself.
Makes me a bit pants really:smack:

Just heard from Mrs Geek that CND are the official sponsors of Dancing on Ice and will be using Shellac and Minx....fantastic news!

OK Magazine ran a weekly full page feature each week on the contestants nails on X Factor so maybe they will do something similar for Dancing on Ice as that will help raise public awareness too on these amazing products!

Kerry Katona definitely had Minx on. Looked like silver lighting for rehearsal but I thought it was a different design for the main dance.

I don't usually watch it but turned over and she happened to be on. She was good. Thought Vanilla Ice was really good. I always think it must be difficult for the male non-professional dancers on this and strictly but he did really well. 2 really good lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Kerry's nails on the main show looked like Aqua Chrome, i thought she had silver on in the rehersal too! xx

I thought she had Blue Lightning Minx for one of the rehearsals too but someone on Facebook said it was Ocean Wave Gelish.

Yeah i thought Kerrys looked like Minx too.. but not sure what the bright blue was that she had on for rehearsals.. liked the look of it. very like gelish's ocean wave but brighter! really caught my eye!!
I love this and every year i go through a phase of wanting to ice skate lol! one of these days.. :)

On S2 there is Blue Lightning and Chrome Aqua.

The nails were lovely .. What tan are they using this time ?

Can't wait for Craig to dance next week :)

i thought it was aqua chrome! or minx illusion! hmmm i would of thought aqua as that the colour she was wearing and had all aqua coloured glitter make up on! hmm we shall have to see! dont think it looked like gelish ocean wave is not the metalic! xx

i thought it was aqua chrome! or minx illusion! hmmm i would of thought aqua as that the colour she was wearing and had all aqua coloured glitter make up on! hmm we shall have to see! dont think it looked like gelish ocean wave is not the metalic! xx

Hmm i thought it was quite similiar, i have ocean wave on now and it looks quite like it! They shouldnt show so many clips, how are we supposed to keep up :)
I found a pic actually it looks like blue lightening minx, ill post it now

Last edited:
Did Jane have Shellac Red Baroness on? I thought it was but then wondered if it was red minx as it was very shiny!

I've been told by the nail tech who did all the contestants nails that Kerry Katona was wearing Minx Illusion xx

Loved Vanilla ice and Kerry, thought her performance was really good! feel sorry for the ones who have to leave the first night after all that training!

Does anybody know what brand of tan they are all using? Is it Sienna X? xx

I read somewhere it's Su-do tan x

It was silver lightning Kerry and Elen had on on sunday. And Karen Barber had snow cheatah x

Hi All - the lovely Jenny asked me to keep you all updated. I will be doing updates on the Sweet Squared Face Book page and I have posted pics on there today. Kimberley Casey is doing all the nails - she is a doll and does a great job. She will be updating me so please keep an eye out.

@Jenny - maybe you can be our official thread updater Jenny? Thank you for posting!!

PS: Vanilla Ice wore Black Minx - I am desperate for Kim to get Flames on him...I was thrilled he agreed to have his nails done!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back