Oh hell, what's going to happen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I have just realised with absolute certainty that after doing the cuticle prep before Shellac using cuticles away I went straight on with the scrubfresh and forgot to "wash" the cuticle remover away

I did scrubfresh very well

But even so what do you think will happen? New client as well. Dammit.

Help

(I will never forget again now will I)

Last edited:
I never 'wash' it away, just scrubfresh and go and have never had any problems.
x

Just realised you said Shellac, you shouldnt be using cuticle away, as CND advises a dry PEP.
x

I never 'wash' it away, just scrubfresh and go and have never had any problems.
x

Just realised you said Shellac, you shouldnt be using cuticle away, as CND advises a dry PEP.
x

Oh, just done my training with CND in January and she demo'd it like that. . . using cuticles away and a dampened pad to cleanse it off

what's the dry pep?xx

I'd definitely say a few 'hail Marys' before bed tonight!! ;)

If there's residues of Cuticle Away left on the nail plate your client may experience a bit of lifting around the eponychium but the Shellac is certainly not going to just slide off the nails so don't panic! :)

I personally wouldn't mention anything to her at this stage, as your thorough Scrubfreshing may have saved it! Lesson learnt! ;) Fingers crossed!

P - Perform a manicure
E - Eliminate surface contaminants by scrubbing with scrubfresh
P - Purify nail plate with scrubfresh

You dont need to do the R (prep) which is Remove cuticle

Strange that they advised this in the course?!?!

P - Perform a manicure

http://cnd.com/Tools-Support/PDF/Step-by-Steps/4974_ShellacSBSUpdate.pdf

Thanks for that.

But yes, how odd, it was less than 1 month ago.

On my course she stressed the importance of using the Cuticles Away all over the nail and using the tool to gently remove anything from the nail plate. (A couple of us had last years version of Cuticles Away which is in a slightly different bottle and we checked that it was OK to use it and she said yes, it was exactly the same product. )

Anyway at least I can relax then and know it won't all fall off lol Thank you so much

Oh, just done my training with CND in January and she demo'd it like that. . . using cuticles away and a dampened pad to cleanse it off

what's the dry pep?xx

CND does advise a dry PEP, however if you had a client with particularly bad cuticles there's nothing to stop you using Cuticle Away, that is your call. Providing you neutralise it with soapy water and clear the nail plate from any product prior to Scrubfreshing ;)

Blossom a dry PEP is:

File
Eliminate cuticle from the nail plate with your pushie (all done dry with no Cuticle Away)
Purify the nail plate with Scrubfresh

HTH's

P - Perform a manicure

I done my shellac course 2 weeks ago and the educator also demonstrated with cuticle away and then said to wash it off and then use scrub fresh, do i not need to do this then ?

Do as you were advised on your course. But ive always known not to use cuticle away unless absolutely necessary and I haven't and have never had any problems with any of my clients.
I just use my cuticle pusher to remove cuticle and nippers if there are any hangey bits.
x

CND does advise a dry PEP, however if you had a client with particularly bad cuticles there's nothing to stop you using Cuticle Away, that is your call. Providing you neutralise it with soapy water and clear the nail plate from any product prior to Scrubfreshing ;)

Blossom a dry PEP is:

File
Eliminate cuticle from the nail plate with your pushie (all done dry with no Cuticle Away)

HTH's

Ah ok, thanks

But now I'm confused. . . . on the link posted by Miss Pink, it says about a dry prep but still used cuticles away? :confused:

I done my shellac course 2 weeks ago and the educator also demonstrated with cuticle away and then said to wash it off and then use scrub fresh, do i not need to do this then ?

you shouldn't need to use cuticle away with every client, i don't. i only use it if the clients cuticles are bad and then cleanse the nail plate with soapy water.

you can't always get away with just a dry pep

Ah ok, thanks

But now I'm confused. . . . on the link posted by Miss Pink, it says about a dry prep but still used cuticles away? :confused:

I think it just needs updating. Don't let it boggle you too much! :)

Dry PEP - Cuticle Away
Wet PEP + Cuticle Away

Ah ok, thanks

I know I saw that too.
Just do what you feel is necessary. Ok /normal cuticles dont use cuticle away, bad /rough cuticles use it.
x

Ok guys as a Shellac Education Ambassador I have to clear up a few things here:)

1. 'R' in P.R.E.P. stands for 'Remove Shine'. During Shellac we P.E.P. as you shouldn't be buffing the nail surface at all.

2. However we should definitely be removing cuticle (this is covered in the first step 'P'-Perform a manicure). Whether you use cuticle away or not us up to you, however if you choose to use it, you must neutralise and completely remove it with soapy water before using Scrubfresh.

Hope this has made things clearer for you all xx

Oopsie im tired I got the remove right lol.
x

P - Perform a manicure

The R in PREP does not mean remove the cuticle...it means remove the shine. With Shellac this step is eliminated. Lastly you need to ensure that you DO remove the cuticle (not always with Cuticle Away if not required, can be dry).

Ok guys as a Shellac Education Ambassador I have to clear up a few things here:)

1. 'R' in P.R.E.P. stands for 'Remove Shine'. During Shellac we P.E.P. as you shouldn't be buffing the nail surface at all.

2. However we should definitely be removing cuticle (this is covered in the first step 'P'-Perform a manicure). Whether you use cuticle away or not us up to you, however if you choose to use it, you must neutralise and completely remove it with soapy water before using Scrubfresh.

Hope this has made things clearer for you all xx

Thanks Hannah thanks for clearing this up.

I can do nail extensions standing on my head but with Shellac I haven't done enough yet to function on "automatic", if you know what I mean. . . I don't think I'll be forgetting this stage again though

I just hope her Shellac stays put as she's made several more bookings with me:o

Hi blossom I forgot once on one hand and it didn't do anything at all.

Just wait it out and see if anything happens. But I doubt I will. X

The R in PREP does not mean remove the cuticle...it means remove the shine. With Shellac this step is eliminated. Lastly you need to ensure that you DO remove the cuticle (not always with Cuticle Away if not required, can be dry).

I know, I was getting myself confused. I meant no need to remove cuticle with cuticle away. I always remove cuticle but just with a pusher.
x

Blossom a dry PEP is:

File

HTH's

Yep thats how we do it, regular Shellac clients will have less cuticle to worry about then first timers or non regular Manicure/Shellac clients.

So its:
P for performing manicure wet using cuticle away or dry carefully using your cuticle tools.
E eliminating surface contaminants,

by scrubbing the nail with
ScrubFresh™ and a lint-free pad, srub like you are removing red nail polish from a nail.
P – Purify nail plate layers with ScrubFresh, which will remove oil and debris from the nail plate. Also paying attention to the underside of the free edge of the nail.

The worst that will happen is your Shellac may not last as long, but I bet you will never forget it again. :Kissing:

Latest posts

Back