Oh My, Oh My, Am I Going Mad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makingitwork

Reaction score
Hi all ,
well am i mad ?, ok i have a part time job brings in a part time wage ,(16 hr) i am fully trained in manicure, gel nails , waxing, and spray tanning.

Have been up and running since middle of march , have three regular clients and the odd family and friends, I am in a job i hate hence doing all my training

Well last night i decided to quit my day job and go for it , i know don't have a client base as per say but feel like my day job is not making me push myself it so easy to take it all in your stride when you a safety net of regular wage coming in .

So have decided to bite the bullet , have written my notice and intend to take it in at 9.30 this morning.

so what do you all think is this mad or what i need to do to give it my all :irked:

p.s Forgot to say i am mobile and have children of school age , so can work 9.30 -2.45 and after 6.30 at night and free at the weekend

Last edited:
Hi, i think you done the right thing, no pain no gain. We all tend to plod along feeling miserable in jobs we don't want to do, i had a similar situation but i am still training. you can now put all your effort into making it work. Good luck:hug:xx

Well, in at the deep end as they say. You can now devote extra time to promoting your business, good luck :)

I think your fabulous! I did a similar thing, and it's well worth it in the end. Good luck ! :Grope: xx

Good on you, its worth it in the end! Its hard work but its defintly worth it, I have just moved and am having to set up my buisness again, its a little daunting but iv'e done it before so i can do it again, and so can you! you just need to keep thinking positively. once youve sorted out all the basics and got the advertising sorted its should all run smoothly. I too work school hours mobily and from home in the evenings, it works out well, you just need make clients aware of your situation with the kiddies, mine are 7, 5 and 2, most are very understanding. Good luck, try not to worry to much and keep us updated. Mel x

AWWW, thank's every one knew you would all say go for it ,, i feel its time to do it , :)

Good for you hon, its will all work out I'm sure. The good thing about being self employed is you can work around the children. Good luck

Go for it hun and all the best.xxxxx

Go for it babes!! I wish I had the guts to do the same

You go girl, I sure everything will be good, well done you. XX

I did it and i have never looked back...you'll be fine. x

Good luck to you - go for it ! :)

Good on you hun you go for it:hug:

Absolutely the right decision, no you're not mad. Mad to stay in the job you hate more like!

You'll be fine. I work the hours you state cos I have school age kids too (I think a lot of geeks work it round the family, it's perfect isn't it). The evenings in particular are soooo popular with people who work.

I wish you the very best of luck xxx :hug:

(Don't forget to let us know how you're getting on)

Thanks geek's .. well i have done it been and handed in my notice :),,

so all systems go from now on in :rolleyes:,,

well got to work two week notice :irked:

Well done I'm sure you wont regret it . Good luck.x

Go For It ................i Am Loving My New Room & The Salon

Life Is Too Short !

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Had a really bad shift, handed my notice in on the next shift, then worked my weeks notice, and now they keep asking me to go back. Not knowing my rota from 1 week to the next meant i couldnt book clients in, which made my business suffer.

Since leaving, i've been less stressed, done plenty of leaflet drops, and generally motivated myself more in my business. I didnt have many regulars, but i've gained more over these past few weeks, just because i've been able to answer my phone when it rings (instead of picking up voicemails after work).

Good luck in eveything xx

Latest posts

Back