Ok, what's going on. ahhhhhh!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandnails

Reaction score
I think i've had it with this nail biz.
This is xmas isn't it? Isn't folks suppose to be looking gd & feeling gd?
Why is my biz so crappy. I haven't had any clients complaining about the servies i proved, so why aren't they coming around?
I'm about to pack this up & head back to the office scene.
I just needed to get this out the system, thanks for listening ladies.

Dont give up just yet... theres still a couple of weeks to go until Christmas! Im just the same as you, only had one person ask me to do their nails nearer to Christmas so far.

Your regulars shouldn't need Christmas appointments ... their normal routine should be just fine. You will get some new business right before the holiday so save some room.

We got most of our new business in January after everyone had seen our work at Christmas parties.

Oh dont I know how you feel! I work in a tanning shop and I'm actually cold because I've just been sitting here doing nothing.

I have designed a special leaflet for my neighbours (recruitment company, estate agents n a bank) to remind them to come in before there xmas parties. I have worded it so they think of glitter, nail art n pampering themselves!
"be the 'bling' of the ball" n stuff like that - hopefully that will work

Hope it picks up

x-x- Red Admiral x-x-

I know just how you feel its so frustrating!!!! there seems to be new nail bars and mobile teks starting up all around me!!!

Every time i drive past a local salon there is ALWAYS someone sat having their nails done ....i have put an ad in the same village - cheaper prices - and cant get any business from them!!

Luckily my Yellow pages ad is keeping me ticking over nicely and i am having a few re bookings now....but it all takes time to build up a decent client base ....i wish i could but i dont have enough custom to do it full time (unfortunately.)

Chin up !

Hi Ladies

Have you thought about putting up a flyer in your local Uni's and Colleges..? The students our having their xmas Balls and the staff too....! The young ladies i do love bling and would pay more for that then having L & P.

Hope i helped..xx

it could be that people are spending their money getting organised for christmas with pressies etc, but as has been said, as the christmas parties get started I'm sure you will get customers. Perhaps you could offer a pre-party manicure or an offer where if they get their extensions done they get 10% off their next rebalance, or something like that - put the idea into their heads.

Best of luck

Julie

Thank you ladies.

Maybe i'll just have to wait for the new year.

I think earlier, i was really stressed. Oh dear.

Season's Greetings to everyone.

People just aren't spending like they usually do - you only have to look at all the special sales in the big stores to see that consumer confidence just isn't there. Let's hope there's an interest rate reduction next month to try and restore some confidence back into the retail market.

Hi there

Should imagine people are too busy and too busy getting Christmas sorted. Plus don't forget kids break up tomorrow, well some like mine! means mums are more tied and can't get out!

Deb379

Also, I had 2 new sets cancel this week because they are ill. There are a lot of bugs going round this time of year too.

Hi Sarah

You are right of course, my kids have been poorly now for 4 weeks. Lots of people have been poorly - good gargle with TCP I say!

Apparently there has been a mild case of mumps at the Ports Uni which they say has been contained now! My daughter told me that last night.

Deb379

Latest posts

Back