Olympic Nails- getting a perfect circle!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Hi

This may be a bit random but

I had a play on a colour pop recreating one of Gemma Lamberts designs for the Olympics.
It was gold glittery tips with a couple of Olympic circles on the tip. In the tutorial she said she used a brush lid dipped into the colour and stamped onto the nail.
I have tried this but cannot get a neat circle. It smudges or then only gets part printed. I tried stamping it onto my Konad stamper first then applying to the nail but still no joy. Then I hand drew them and oh my what a mess!

Just wondering of anyone knew of quick effective ways to make circles!!:o:o

E xx

I did 5 different coloured circles on a tip and used straws xx

Good idea, so I've just tried it and still can't do it!, perhaps is because I'm using Konad SP ?

E x

If anyone's got any other ideas for Olympic nails please share or share pics! X

Hi

This may be a bit random but

I had a play on a colour pop recreating one of Gemma Lamberts designs for the Olympics.
It was gold glittery tips with a couple of Olympic circles on the tip. In the tutorial she said she used a brush lid dipped into the colour and stamped onto the nail.
I have tried this but cannot get a neat circle. It smudges or then only gets part printed. I tried stamping it onto my Konad stamper first then applying to the nail but still no joy. Then I hand drew them and oh my what a mess!

Just wondering of anyone knew of quick effective ways to make circles!!:o:o

E xx

What paint are you using? If its quite thick, try watering it down lightly before you dip your circle tool thing into it. You will also need to roll it side to side to make sure it goes around the curve on the nail properly.

I'm using Konad special polish and I think it's drying too quickly and so only part prints and then I add more to stop it drying and then roll it to the nail contour but then it smudges. I might try a very fine detail brush and try again free hand. I just wish there was a circle design on a Konad plate!

Thank you xx

I used CND colour and effects nail polish and as said above, rocked from side to side for curve in nailplate...is it horrendously smudgy or can it give a vintage type look xx

I'm using Konad special polish and I think it's drying too quickly and so only part prints and then I add more to stop it drying and then roll it to the nail contour but then it smudges. I might try a very fine detail brush and try again free hand. I just wish there was a circle design on a Konad plate!

Thank you xx

ahhh, well yes, its thick and probably is drying quicker than you can get it in place. Try normal paint, poster paint if you have any in the house! Its a cheap buy if you dont :) xx

I don't have any poster paint but will get some! I have some CND colours and effects but only invested in some of the more usual colours and didn't get any bight yellow or blue or green!

E x

I guess you will also need to roll it side to side to make sure it goes around the curve on the nail properly.
[FONT=&#23435]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]​

If you put down the gold acrylic first, and before it sets imprint a straw in it and then your left with a circular dent in the acrylic.

Then if you apply different coloured acrylic over the circles, when you file the nail it will remove the colour outside of the ring and leave a perfect circle!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

If you put down the gold acrylic first, and before it sets imprint a straw in it and then your left with a circular dent in the acrylic.

Then if you apply different coloured acrylic over the circles, when you file the nail it will remove the colour outside of the ring and leave a perfect circle!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't do L&P ..........yet! :D but sounds great!

E x

If you can find a rubber stamp with Circles on it, it'd be more flexible than a straw or brush cap. Perhaps easier for you to maneuver?

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Do you have any c curve tools?
Greg uses them on a young nails acrylic tutorial to create the perfect rings.

Latest posts

Back