OMG!!!FREE NVQ Assessment !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my nvq 2 and 3 beauty for free in the local college 4 yrs ago.
I also did my nvq2 nails for free as an evening class because I was attending a full time course in the college.
All goverment funded
I think :lol: I was 35 at the time
This still stands in Wales today
xx:hug:xx

Wonder if you can do the NVQ Beauty for free at all or is there only certain circumstances that people can?

I thought the NVQ 2 in nails no longer existed and that it has been superceded with a stand alone NVQ in Nails at Level 3.:confused:

Hopefully the training and certificate is kosher.

Perhaps Rachel (aka Chocolate) will be able to clarify.

def kosher- looked at a few other colleges near me this afternoon and they offer the same- NVQ 2 in Nail Services.

I wonder how they do it with 1 assessment????

I think it must be a unit only. I called them too (to find out) but couldn't catch the name on the answer machine so I could find a website.

There is funding available for all NVQ's. The problem is finding an approved training provider who will just provide assessments for practising technicians.

As an explanation: there 8 units that must be achieved for an NVQ in Nail Services Level 2. (7 for Level 3)

I think many people call one unit an NVQ 2 or 3. 1 unit is not and NVQ. It is a unit TOWARDS an NVQ. Every unit requires a portfolio of evidence + several assessments.

Probably confused you even more!

Hi yes it is for all 8 units and you get a city & Guilds level 2 certificate on completion.

hope this helps

That's great. Thanks for that. I am going to give them a call on Monday. It's amazing news!!!

Finally, you feel like all these years of paying tax is paying off. :rolleyes: Ha ha!!

Natalie
xx

I have trained with Creative and EzFlow and always wanted to do my NVQ but not had the time to go to college for a year or never had the funding to do it. I have a salon and always felt that my staff are more qualified than me, so ive finally done it, the Training was FREE i paid for nothing and the assessor came to my salon or i could go to them it took me 2 weeks to complete it, i told my assessor when i have a set of nails in the salon and they came out and assess me it was as easy as that if any of you ladies want the number it is 01709869445:)

If you look on the ANT website it tells you about all of the units required. Did you have to do Fibre and Silk for your assessment? Just wondered as I have never bothered with this system.

If you look on the ANT website it tells you about all of the units required. Did you have to do Fibre and Silk for your assessment? Just wondered as I have never bothered with this system.

I think (from memory) this is the ONLY system in Level 2. The other systems are in Level 3.

Hi - I am doing this at college, 3 hrs a week, night school. It is free for anyone over 19 who have never completed an NVQ before, and i think most colleges have levels, for instance there is someone else on my course who didn't qualify because she had too many olevels! we have to complete fiberglass, acrylic, and gel. Manicure and pedicure and nail art. there are several assessments and course work, but i think for anyone already working in the industry it should be fairly easy. My tutor says this year the course is much different to last year as it combines all the services into one qualification.
I suppose for those already working it would be like the NVQ i started in retail (a long time ago!) and can be done in the work place.
it would make more sense as some of the questions are about salon responsiblity - which when you are doing it at night school are a bit hard to answer! Good Luck to anyone who takes it, I am sure it is worth having, and like someone else said, it might become a requirement to actually work in the industry. best done it now if you can get it free!
sorry rather long winded and i haven't checked grammer or spelling!

And as far as am aware, once you have done the health and safety, you could take any other NVQ and not have to repeat that section, (three year window I think)

Hi Guys Nvq Level 2 Nail services one of the units was the B12 which was Silk wrap this has been over by the BT44 which can be any system Silk, Gel, Acrylic hope this helps :)

Hi Guys Nvq Level 2 Nail services one of the units was the B12 which was Silk wrap this has been over by the BT44 which can be any system Silk, Gel, Acrylic hope this helps :)

Duh! (it's an age thing!) Of course this is the case. I put it before the Nail Services Forum some time ago together with putting a nail art unit into the Optional section instead of Mandatory. Both were voted for and duly changed.

However, back to assessments etc. A complete NVQ cannot be achieved in 1 or 2 assessments and a private certificate or diploma from a short course doesn't result in an NVQ

thats right, we have had 4 manicure, 3 ped - each one to include treatments, paraffin, hot oil, and different polish, light dark french. 1 arcylic full set, one gel full set. infil, and a broken nail fix. we have also got quite a bit of course work, including on line exams (multiple choice) so there is a file to hand in at the end. you have to complete heath and safety, and salon etiquet (spelling again!) then there is the nail art, not got to that yet!.
I presume completing in a salon, you would have to complete clients and ask them to complete questionairs about service.
It is quite in depth, and a really good start - bit like driving lessons though - you don't really know how until you have passed and been driving for a few years!! (remember when you drove somewhere and got there, and then thought "wow didn't have to think about my gears/brakes/traffic rules" but there is always something new, a new situation and new car to get to grips with? well that seems just like this business!!
:):):):):):):)

However, back to assessments etc. A complete NVQ cannot be achieved in 1 or 2 assessments and a private certificate or diploma from a short course doesn't result in an NVQ

When i spoke to the lady AND when i checked out the local colleges everyone said it was a course- not 1 or 2 assesments.....

Thats great. Im qualified in acrylic nails but do you think they would teach me the rest? starting at coll in sept to do an nvq level 2. what do they cover? xxxx

I just called them and they said that they will be doing the courses for free (government funded) for anyone who has previously had nail technician training (i.e. self study or own college qual or in a salon), but not had an NVQ in Nail Tech before.

They also are going to be giving free training to people who have no training or quals whatsoever. They will in turn receive an NVQ in Nail Extensions, manicure and pedicure.

And the best bit is that there is no age restriction - these government funded courses used to be for under 24's only - but not anymore for this area of learning!!!!

She said that the trainers will be travelling all over the country, but that their other plan is to do the course over a web cam if some students are too far away.

She said she will let me have more info by the end of the week.

Excellent News!!!!!! :mad:)

Fabulous I just called and when I've done my L&P I will do my NVQ 2 - how fabulous :)

i just called and spoke to lyn. cant wait to get started! thanks for telling us about this.

I have phoned too today ....and have been infomed that when theres an assessor due in my area they will ring me and let me know ......

so hopefully it wont be too long a wait and if anyone else has done their level 2 with this company i would be interested to hear about the process and how it works etc

hazel x

wow no age limit and free fantastic. I am sure it will not be long before this will be mandatorty in our buissness. Raising standareds and awareness is the way forward for anone who is serious about there buissness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back