OMG recyclable wax?? perron rigot ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good idea, and one I have thought of myself :lol: but unfortunately its not terribly practical because of the time it takes to heat through and the storage issue:rolleyes:

Well, the lady who does my waxing uses this technique; she has a pot of wax marked "Ruth" and because she works from a home salon and I am usually her first (and probably only) client of the evening on the night she does a full body wax for me, that isn't such an issue...

Way back, I mean like 1975 we had recycle pots. The posting that talked about the client getting herpes from double dipping? Wrong, they already carried the herpes virus and had a herpes outbreak from the service not the wax.

In the states there are places that say no double dipping and other places where the defination is still grey. Still no-one talks about the double dipping of nail polish!

I think we need to get truly educated about where bacteria will indeed grow, and how things are transmited. Wax and nail polish both do not have a shelf life nor do they have preservatives. Oxygen and water are both components that promote the growth of bacteria, neither of which exist in wax and polish. Plus neither the wax spatula nor the nail polish brush touches the skin.

As I continue to say, work how you feel comfortable. We professionals are more exposed than our clients so we need to protect ourselves first. Keep your station and room spotlessly clean, but think things through before believing them. I can't stand it when a doctor makes a statement and everyone lays down and believes it. Get educated, require proof and wax on! final words? we would have all been dead had things been so easy to transmit.

As a client I would have no idea if my wax had been recycled tbh.

Pot per client - I am very very new to waxing Ruth but if the same wax &/or spatula were used on someones intimate bits & then their upper lip for example, whilst re-dipping this may enable all the bits to go back into the pot. Surely that wouldnt be very hygienic, even on the same person.

I have just been taught to do the dribble method so that the spatula in the pot never touches any skin.

How do all you pro's do it?

Thinking about it, the lady who does my eyebrows did no consultation, no gloves & dipped in & out of that wax heater with the orange stick till the job was done !

Funny how you dont even think about these things until you learn how to do them.

Last edited:
I think we need to get truly educated about where bacteria will indeed grow, and how things are transmited. Wax and nail polish both do not have a shelf life nor do they have preservatives. Oxygen and water are both components that promote the growth of bacteria, neither of which exist in wax and polish. Plus neither the wax spatula nor the nail polish brush touches the skin.
This is an amazing point, it's been brought up in the past about our nail enhancement brushes.....water is not an ingredient in the monomer, neither is oxygen, so how can bacteria be transmitted via our brushes.

But could I ask, with regard to the spatula, the wax touches the client and then there's the residue on the spatula, are you saying that the residual wax hasn't actually touched the client as the wax forms a barrier from both sides....thnking about it, the wax is the barrier, that makes sense!

Why not wrap the clean side of a used wax strip (folded in half) around the used end of the spatular then you can use both ends easily and cleanly :lol:

I think that the people that make these rules and guidelines should come up with some hard evidence as to why we shouldn't do something.

Let them send a new pot of wax and a used pot of wax to a lab and have them tested. Then feed back to the idustry the full results.

I think that the people that make these rules and guidelines should come up with some hard evidence as to why we shouldn't do something.

Let them send a new pot of wax and a used pot of wax to a lab and have them tested. Then feed back to the idustry the full results.

I could not agree more.

Let them send a new pot of wax and a used pot of wax to a lab and have them tested. Then feed back to the industry the full results.
Don't we have a geek that has a forensic back ground that was going to try and get the test done at her local college.
yes this is a great idea and would give a definite answer

Don't we have a geek that has a forensic back ground that was going to try and get the test done at her local college.
yes this is a great idea and would give a definite answer

Hi Lou. Yes Pink Potions. I think I'll go to the college and get it done. xxx

Yes i bet it will be an interesting test and i bet they find that nothing can breed in there too :hug:

I've sent an email out to about 5 Scottish university's and emailed a few of my uni mates who stayed in the business but I've not had a reply.... YET!

Don't worry I'm on the case xxx

I've sent an email out to about 5 Scottish university's and emailed a few of my uni mates who stayed in the business but I've not had a reply.... YET!

Don't worry I'm on the case xxx

I would be very intrested to learn more about this PP...please keep us posted if/when you get a response.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back