omg tans-opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyer21

Nail addict
Reaction score
i have just been reading a few posts on this tan which i have never heard of it has some really good reviews so im thinking of giving it a go. the tan seems really good value and the kit they offer is fantastic. so i just want some opinions in what people think of this tan. what is the fade like i currently use sienna which fades really nicely but i find it doesnt last very long and most of my client think the colour is not dark enough. (making it then hard for me to recommend what colour to new clients ) also can i ask will i still just use the same amount of solution as i did with sienna
thanks

I did the omg training and bought the kit with 3 litres of solution. the training is fab, betsy is lovely and the application and colour of the tan is great, but the only down side is the wear off. I tanned two friends when I first finished my training and they loved the tan, but it wears off patchy and when I waxed their legs THREE WEEKS later there were still patches of tan on the legs that only came off onto the wax strip. I know one of them followed the before and after care advice and her skin was lovely and smooth, the other had dryer skin, but still the same. My other clients have said the same, so unfortunately I will be changing solution. I am going to get a sample of brown bitz in a few weeks and try this solution.

Hope this helps x

I did the omg training and bought the kit with 3 litres of solution. the training is fab, betsy is lovely and the application and colour of the tan is great, but the only down side is the wear off. I tanned two friends when I first finished my training and they loved the tan, but it wears off patchy and when I waxed their legs THREE WEEKS later there were still patches of tan on the legs that only came off onto the wax strip. I know one of them followed the before and after care advice and her skin was lovely and smooth, the other had dryer skin, but still the same. My other clients have said the same, so unfortunately I will be changing solution. I am going to get a sample of brown bitz in a few weeks and try this solution.

Hope this helps x

Hi,

Weve never had this problem with OMG! and i have read a few times that you have found this with the wear off! I no you did the training with me and i am not doubting that your not following the before and after care advise. But if you are having problems contact me and i will help you. OMG is a lovely solution and its such a shame that your experiencing this problem!
you can contact me on 01204 374 340. Or pm me on here! or vist me!

Betsy.

I use this on a client and she has found it fine ti wash off but she does have regular tans. I can't believe Sienna isn't dark enough though, I find this solution very dark even the lighter solutions. The Omg is a good value solution but its not as natural as some solutions so should be good if your clients want the darker look. Maybe get some samples to try out or smaller bottles of the higher solutions to try out? It smells nice too when it first goes on, like baby lotion.hth

yeah they do seem to like a darker look. i tested the sienna on myself and a friend who have both had many different tans. i used the 8 on her and yes it probably did do what it should and give her a nice glow. i used 12 on me and personally i found it was very natural 12 is classed as dark and i just didnt find it dark then people are asking for medium so i give them 10 and there then coming back and its to light so im finding it really hard to reccomend which colour.

Ask for some trial samples or buy sample packs from different companies, everyone has different opinions so this is the on,y way without spending a fortune and ending up with solutions you may not use. You defo get enough from one sample bottle for a full tan so email a few companies and ask for higher solutions to try out.

yeah they do seem to like a darker look. i tested the sienna on myself and a friend who have both had many different tans. i used the 8 on her and yes it probably did do what it should and give her a nice glow. i used 12 on me and personally i found it was very natural 12 is classed as dark and i just didnt find it dark then people are asking for medium so i give them 10 and there then coming back and its to light so im finding it really hard to reccomend which colour.

I find sienna develops dark then washes off to a more natural colour, I just find it dark on myself, but another client has just asked for a darker % too (she normally has 10).

I use LA Tan.

I stock 10%, 12% and cocktail (14%) for those of my clients that like to be darker.

I tried samples of lots of solutions before deciding which solution fitted the needs of myself and my clients the best.

LA Tan also have a very good offer on the Maximist kit, tent and solution.

All my clients love this. I have ditched fake bake .:lick:

I tried samples of OMG and found it far inferior to other brands. Its fade off is dreadful and it stuck around for far too long!

I use omg and love it! As do all my clients! I really think it's personal preference depends on what your clients like as I don't tend to do dark tans and use only 9 12 percent and find the fade off fine best thing you can do is get a sample see what you think but I'd recommend!

I have been using OMG since last year after changing from another brand and my clients love it! I have had nothing but positive feedback from this tan and the new scented tans have been a massive hit amongst my clients.
As you all know it is important to moisturise regularly once you have been sprayed to maintain it. I have never had any complaints about the tan wearing off patchy!
I would highly recomend any beautician to use this product :)

I have been using OMG for a while now and never had a problem with it.
I love the way there is a variety such as the scented range, coconut, chocolate, vanilla, cherry and strawberry! My clients love them.
There is a range of % this makes it suitable for all my clients.
The tan wears off perfectly and I would definatly recommend this tan to everyone!

i started using omg after having problems with other tans. i do loads of tans in a week and even get one of the girls to spray me :D if u exfouliate properly and moisturize the tan comes of nice and i get loads of people tellin that i must have had a good hol when i've had one done cos it isn't orange. i would say that if you try samples then you'll see what you think for yore self. Hope that is helpfull :) x

I would definitely try and get a sample and try it yourself. I am maybe overly suspicious but it seems on some of the threads about OMG lots of new geeks suddenly pop up who say they have been spraying for ages but have only joined that day/month and only give amazing reviews!

I would definitely try and get a sample and try it yourself. I am maybe overly suspicious but it seems on some of the threads about OMG lots of new geeks suddenly pop up who say they have been spraying for ages but have only joined that day/month and only give amazing reviews!

funnily enough I thought the same!! Having said that, I like the tan but have found customer service somewhat lacking!

Hi I used to use xen tan and st tropez when Ive worked in salons and since going it alone I have used OMG for about the last 6 months now and must say I LOVE it! I've never had any problems with it and the choice of scents is fab! There are various percentages so u can choose a different one depending on how dark ur client likes it, compared to the other companies I think it's better! The service from them is great and it's defiantly good value for money, as long as u give good pre and aftercare and ur clients stick to it it's brilliant! :) xxx

I am maybe overly suspicious but it seems on some of the threads about OMG lots of new geeks suddenly pop up who say they have been spraying for ages but have only joined that day/month and only give amazing reviews!

I had noticed those too :D how odd...

haha... maybe it's because they like our solutions :)

Seriously though, we love Salon Geek and try to post when we can but our staff are just too busy to be making mini-geek accounts to big up our products.

I'm sure the mods will have the ip addresses of any suspicious activity and can 'out' anyone trying to promote their brands.

We try to follow the 'thou shalt not peddle wares' rules and play fair.

If anyone does have any questions, Betsy our expert is on hand to offer genuine honest advice and help.

Regards,

OMG

Last edited:
Ive been using OMG for few month now and i love it , clients have never complained once.

I love suntana as well :D

Latest posts

Back