OMG! This is the worst thing I've ever heard!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great post,this has really made my day:lol:
I use sticky feet.

omg :!: i cant believe that i have just chocked on my drink reading that!!
im surprised she ant been shut down or some it!! dont think she cares to much about here clients and in this industry you need to be caring! im not one for complanning but i defferently would if i went to here!!:smack:

much love geeks :hug:
xxxx

But are sticky feet bio degradable,i think they are foam. I really think it is something we need to think about, all the different things we put in our bins that are carted off to the land fill just so we look a bit more professional.

I always feel hypocritical that i recycle and turn my lights off etc etc and then use tons of cotton wool and various other disposable things that i really dont need to in my work.Therefore i now use 2 small black towels on the floor which i can wash.I also use washable hair turbans instead of disposables.

This is a great idea, I already do the towels on the floor as I find the sticky feet can be too sticky? (anyone else found that?) :confused: Sometimes I have trouble getting them off clients feet and then they complain that fluff sticks to them even though I give them a good old clean with the wipes.

Can I ask where you bought your washable turbans?

:lol:

This is a great idea, I already do the towels on the floor as I find the sticky feet can be too sticky? (anyone else found that?) :confused: Sometimes I have trouble getting them off clients feet and then they complain that fluff sticks to them even though I give them a good old clean with the wipes.

Can I ask where you bought your washable turbans?

:lol:

Ponden mill.They are micro fibre ones.I have seen them in quite a few high street places though.
I dont like sticky feet for the exact reason you described ,as well as throwing them away.I think they make them too sticky and sanitary towels not sticky enough :)

omg :!: i cant believe that i have just chocked on my drink reading that!!
im surprised she ant been shut down or some it!! dont think she cares to much about here clients and in this industry you need to be caring! im not one for complanning but i defferently would if i went to here!!:smack:

much love geeks :hug:
xxxx
Why must she be shut down for goodness sake?? To be honest, I don't see what the big deal is.

If the sanitary towels are staight out the bag and safe to use, then why should it be a problem? When I was growing up in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) during our first civil war, you could not buy tampons for love nor money. Why? Because the army used used them out in the field to plug bullet holes as they were the perfect size and diametre and effective in stopping the bleeding. Plus they were sterile as they came straight out of their packaging. No mess, no fuss!

I have laughed out loud reading this thread. I actually think that this person thought outside the box and was quite clever. As I client (unless I saw the box) I would never know:idea:

Hey the always ultra - will be nice and thin, the right size and really cheap.

Hey, what would you do with the wings though? LOL

Following on form Mrs Clooney's info, sanitary towels are also excellent to have in your medical kit. They are an excellent pressure bandage. The soak up the blood (after all that's what they are designed to do!) and with pressure placed over them will help to stop bleeding.

SHAME ON THEM< WHAT A BAD BUSINESS MANNER
jenx

You wouldn't catch me wearing sanitary pads, light, ultra, heavy, night or otherwise on my bloody feet! Pardon the pun!

If I went for a spraytan and someone brought that out, I'd be outta there fast - wings or no wings!

Arrggghh... how could she... sticky feet, couch roll, even 2 hand towels but never ever ever sanitary pads..
As for cost, she's not that clever cos couch roll would be more economic. Dont think she'll be doing tans for much longer neway...x

Rollergirl has left me on the floor in stiches..he-he.x

lol have nearly peed myself reading this :lol: i can see both sides to be fair , but i do sorta think its a bit of good idea , obviously not the thick ones but the real thin ones :lol:

oh i use couch roll for mine to stand on , lol

OMG! I still can't believe this is true, but there is a therapist in my area (if shes even qualified that is!) who is buying supermarket own brand sanitary towels and peeling off the strips and sticking them to the soles of her clients feet to protect their feet during spray tan treatments !!! :smack:

Can't she buy the sticky soles like everyone else, or even just use kitchen roll or something! I would totally freak if someone tried to stick sanitary towels to my feet.....I'd be outta there like a shot.

I found out because a few of my regulars went there while I was off on my hols and what made it even worse (if thats possible) was that the "therapist" left a nail client to do a coat of tan then asked the nearly naked girls to shuffle pads and all into another room to dry, than shuffle back again to have a second coat applied. Apparently as it is not private they hold a blanket up to protect your modesty while this is going on but the clients friend who was waiting to go next could see her head above and her padded feet below the blanket!

What do you guys use on the soles? Please don't anyone come back and say pads cos you'll hear me screaming from here!!:eek:
VERY PROFESSIONAL THEN? :eek: NOT! lol
i use sticky feet. :)

Still shaking my head about this LOL

It might be savvy but who wants to be the client of the "spraytan salon who gives you maxi pads to wear on your feet". Yep, that would be really popular with the teenagers!

people want a pro job so expect pro salon items, its funny and cheap! i wouldnt risk my reputation with doing it, cutting costs is great to do, but i think thats a bit risky, i wouldnt use tampons for toe separators!!:)
(giggle)

I cant understand why people cant see that this is WRONG!! omg i cannot believe someone would even think about this.....let alone DO IT!! I am in complete shock!!
I dread to think what i'd do if i was having a spray tan, paying my hard earned cash, and someone saying oh here you go put these sanitary towels on your feet!!!
I do believe if you be too greedy with your money then you will end up with nothing!!
xxx

I'm off to bulk buy some sanitary towels and tampons......

For my first aid kit when I need to plug up bullet holes lol!!

I would be straight out of there too, its wrong ALWAYS!

Bit of tit tape and those nail mats cut up work wonders and so do towels but I still think sticky feet are more professional.

Sanitary towels honestly what is she thinking?? lol!

OMG! I still can't believe this is true, but there is a therapist in my area (if shes even qualified that is!) who is buying supermarket own brand sanitary towels and peeling off the strips and sticking them to the soles of her clients feet to protect their feet during spray tan treatments !!!

You are kidding right ????I shall never look at a sanitary towl advert the same again LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back