OMG! This is the worst thing I've ever heard!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fidev

Reaction score
OMG! I still can't believe this is true, but there is a therapist in my area (if shes even qualified that is!) who is buying supermarket own brand sanitary towels and peeling off the strips and sticking them to the soles of her clients feet to protect their feet during spray tan treatments !!! :smack:

Can't she buy the sticky soles like everyone else, or even just use kitchen roll or something! I would totally freak if someone tried to stick sanitary towels to my feet.....I'd be outta there like a shot.

I found out because a few of my regulars went there while I was off on my hols and what made it even worse (if thats possible) was that the "therapist" left a nail client to do a coat of tan then asked the nearly naked girls to shuffle pads and all into another room to dry, than shuffle back again to have a second coat applied. Apparently as it is not private they hold a blanket up to protect your modesty while this is going on but the clients friend who was waiting to go next could see her head above and her padded feet below the blanket!

What do you guys use on the soles? Please don't anyone come back and say pads cos you'll hear me screaming from here!!:eek:

OMG I can't believe that:eek:

I use sticky feet

I don't think its a bad idea....:lol:....ok so there are more professional methods but she is hardly hurting anyone.

I don't think its a bad idea....:lol:....ok so there are more professional methods but she is hardly hurting anyone.

Aye, as long as she uses *new* sanitary towels for each client...

Well the girls told me they'd never go back there because of the embarrassment factor ( and also because my tans are much better of course :lol:) and also the fact that they felt they were balancing 2" off the ground.

I have heard this before I thought it was a joke

Can you say which general area of Scotland:eek:

I have heard this before I thought it was a joke

Can you say which general area of Scotland:eek:

Oh am I allowed to say west? without being more specific? Don't know the etiquette on this type of thing x

LMFAO!!!:lol::lol:

That is soooo funny!!! Ok so the pads aint hurting anyone but not professional, or particulalry dignified, but as for the shuffling about and waiting for the first coat to dry:eek:

Just sit back hen, and wait for all her clients to come a knockin on your much more professional door!!!:green:

I use folded up couch roll myself for the feet.

i dont 'really' see the problem....if they were say pant liners and she didnt get them out of a 'HELLO...I AM REAlly a PANT LINER' bag...she maybe put them in 'another bag/box' who'd know?

if there cheaper than them sticky feet things the womans a genius !

i dont 'really' see the problem....if they were say pant liners and she didnt get them out of a 'HELLO...I AM REAlly a PANT LINER' bag...she maybe put them in 'another bag/box' who'd know?

if there cheaper than them sticky feet things the womans a genius !

No seriously.....they are the 2" thick value blue and white packaging brand of towels, not liners. Those girls told me they felt like they were on stilts!

:idea: Mind you it could be a genius way to get the clients to buff your floor as they shuffle from room to room! :idea:

Eww! how unprofessional! I use couch roll which does the job fine!
speaking of sanitary towels, when my daughter was small she found a pack of sanitary towels in my bag, opened them and stuck them to her feet, she thought it was great, but the rest were stuck to the living room window!! :eek: I was mortified! hehe!

lol:lol: I am sorry this post made me spit my coffee everywhere.

ha ha me 2, omg how funny, my ladies let alone my gentlemen would be so embarrassed to wear them, let alone me putting them on the clients feet.
I use sticky feet.

Ok, so it is not the most overly professional look to portray, but it's also not that big a deal, IMO. It's clean and hygenic and I could definitely get excited about having my floors buffed and polish regularly :lol:.

I also agree that it isn't THE most professional way, i wonder what her other clients think of it. We use Sticky Feet here too! xx

Hey the always ultra - will be nice and thin, the right size and really cheap.

I think its a canny idea - after all - it is simply cotton wool.

One of my clients called my white sticky feet sanitary towels anyway!

I always feel hypocritical that i recycle and turn my lights off etc etc and then use tons of cotton wool and various other disposable things that i really dont need to in my work.Therefore i now use 2 small black towels on the floor which i can wash.I also use washable hair turbans instead of disposables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back