OPI nail envy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hi, i have been using this on my own nails for a nearly 2 months and although my nails feel strong they seem to chip, like a chunk of nail from the middle if i catch it for example. They used to break at the sides but its almost as if they area bit brittle now. Has anyone else had this problem or have clients who have this problem? I use nurture oil twice a day to try and keep them supple and flexible, not sure what else to do!
Thanks for any advice:)
xx

If its original you are using swap to one of their other ones.Like the one for sensitive and peeling and continue to oil.

Have you been using this constantly for two months? If so i am sure you need to do it for a few weeks, then have at least a weeks break, then start again, or it can make them too strong and become brittle.

Could be you just need to stop for a while and use cuticle oil to help keep them moist and be less brittle.

I don't believe OPI recommend long term use of Nail Envy as 'hardening' of nails over a period of time does lead to brittleness.

I personally would give your nails a break from the hardener and stick with a good cuticle, using the harderner occasionally.

Over treating the nail with any type of concentrated strengthener will cause brittleness. I had this problem with a client of mine. Nail Envy is just so concentrated that it's not for long term use.

Nail Envy has a maintenance base coat that's suppose to be used after the nail reaches a healthy state. So I would try that. If that doesn't help, switch to either Rejuvacote, Nailtiques form 1 or 2 or Nail Tech Form 1 or 2.

thanks for the replies i'll definatley give my nails a little break from it and keep using my oil, and i'll have a look at the other products recommended, thanks all! xx:hug:

OPI have recently launched a 'maintenance' version of Nail Envy which would be ideal for you. You can continue to use it regularly and I'd suggest using their Avoplex oil daily with it. The Nail Envy obviously worked for you so now you need to maintain it rather than abandon it.:hug:

I have been using OPI for a while before going back to CND enamels. I had a number of clients who were using Nail envy at home and a lot of people came back after a while complaining about dryness at the cuticle and nails peeling although they were much stronger. I then went through the ingridients and discovered that formaldehyde was present there - which could be very drying. All clients were using avoplex cuticle oil as was recommended.

I had a number of clients who were using Nail envy at home and a lot of people came back after a while complaining about dryness at the cuticle and nails peeling although they were much stronger.

I think this is where good home care advise comes in. Nail Envy should be applied to the nail only and avoid it touching the skin, and that once the optimum nail strength has been reached that they should be moved on to a maintenance program.:hug:

I think this is where good home care advise comes in. Nail Envy should be applied to the nail only and avoid it touching the skin, and that once the optimum nail strength has been reached that they should be moved on to a maintenance program.:hug:

One of these ladies was a therapist, I do believe she was able to apply to the nail only))):)

I wish we were able to see and superwise our clients as to what on earth they do to their nails at home))) :eek:

I probably should have mentioned that dryness occurred after first week of use combined with oil.

Thanks doll))):hug:

I have been using OPI for a while before going back to CND enamels. I had a number of clients who were using Nail envy at home and a lot of people came back after a while complaining about dryness at the cuticle and nails peeling although they were much stronger. I then went through the ingridients and discovered that formaldehyde was present there - which could be very drying. All clients were using avoplex cuticle oil as was recommended.

All of OPI's nail polishes- colors and all- have formaldehyde in them. Unless otherwise stated on the bottled. You'd be surprised how many other product lines do too. Usually unless it says "formaldehyde free" on the bottle, polishes usually still have this ingrediant.

And usually if someone has an allergy to this ingrediant, they will have white (not neccessarily dry) patches that never grow out. Especially on the toes where polish is worn longer. So if this is what you're experiencing, you might want to switch to Poshe` or some other non-formaldehyde polish collection.

Latest posts

Back