opinions on a good hand cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsgrant

Reaction score
Hi All ...
Just wanted all your expert opinions on a good hand cream... Preferably one that won't break the bank... With all this English weather my hand area really dry ... thanks in advance x x x :idea:

My best advice is no matter what you use make sure you exfoliate first, the moisturiser penetrates so much better. I swear by solar silk at the moment. Although I like La Source by Crabtree and Evelyn too.

Edit: and make sure you wear gloves when you are outside to protect them from the elements

I am sorry to do a Becki and lower the tone:lol: but I wondered what on earth I might be reading from your title!!! :)

I have terrible hands too, the things that work for me are the Scentsations from Creative and if they are really bad I use Cucumber Heal Therapy on them and lots of Solar Oil, that brings them back within a couple of days xxx

filthy mind !!! what about the mitts you sleep in .. anyone tried those ..

I have tried them but I have to say that I didn't get on with them.

Have you tried a paraffin wax, they are fab for dry hands too xx

I am sorry to do a Becki and lower the tone:lol: but I wondered what on earth I might be reading from your title!!! :)

I have terrible hands too, the things that work for me are the Scentsations from Creative and if they are really bad I use Cucumber Heal Therapy on them and lots of Solar Oil, that brings them back within a couple of days xxx

So you looked for the same reason as me then :wink2: Saucy!!.

I have been using a dead sea salt scrub and peppermint hand cream which was brought for me for my birthday.

It's really nice actually! It's called What a girl wants???

HTH Teri x:hug:

Great advice Sassy has given you about gloves too.

We are all as bad as each other lol , i have to admit this is the first thread i have come onto since signing in just because of the saucy title and lets face it with us lot it could have been about something really saucy :hug:

LMAO, you've all got gutter minds :smack: ..... I've changed the title a tad :wink2:

ohhh solar silk or solar butter and vaseline intensive care all get a thumbs up! xxx

yes solar Butter for me or L'occitane

The get fresh hand creams are really good!! Either that or Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour cream works wonders!!!

I like the Smoothies by Essie or alternatively, Avojuices by OPI.

solar silk is just lush :hug: hth

i like to use vaseline when i'm really dry :lol: works a treat

I like the Spa Manicure Finishing Lotion by Creative...its a facial quality lotion that helps prevent the signs of ageing, protects skin from the effects of the environment and restores elasticity to the skin.

Its lovely and not greasy at all.....all for less than £7 (being as you has asked about prices)

Qtica do a really good overnight intensive hand repair balm which you apply and then wear cotton gloves to sleep in.

I have a client with terribly dry hands that crack and bleed constantly - she's tried everything. I got her a tube of this for Christmas, and its the best cream she's every used.

Give them a good scrub with olive oil mixed with salt,rinse then smother with vaseline put on old cotton socks(on your hands) and sleep in them and in the morning they will be beautiful.

I love Solar Silk, but have just got some Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream and it's fab! Absorbs really quickly and leaves my hands really soft.....

Latest posts

Back