Opinions on my uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to hear your opinions....

Because I have a tattoo on my top left arm,i have found it very hard to find a beauty tunic with long enough sleeves to cover this,so I have gotten some black polo shirts printed up with my logo and number etc on (tanning & nails),thought this would kill two birds with one stone....advertising and uniform.Has anyone else done this??? do you think with black trousers this will look proffessional enough???

thanks in advance xxx:hug:

I use the same also white polowith cropped trousers for summer. I don't have them embroidered as I wear my Creative/Tantrick badges

Go and get your tattoo touched up and it will be good as new:)
I agree with Toni, I have piercings and tattoos, would love to have 3/4 tattoo sleeves also. All my clients are mature enough to see I am a wonderful person and its not in the days of tattoo's mean trouble makers:) Never judge a book by its cover, but many still do unfortunately......
I know this isn't what your thread is about but Im in a talkative mood today lol

How about a nice fitted shirt, you will be cooler and its smart plus you can get your business name printed on the back for big time exposure :)
Take care
xx

I have tattoos on upper arm and all over shoulder and i wear a travalger tunic from beauty express.

Dont worry to much if you show them :)

I recieved the ellisons catalogue today and they do a black tunic with sleeves that cut off just above the elbow it is very nice but quite pricey (£40). as has been said already, a uniform is a uniform,as long as you look clean, presentable and professional.
April x

Thank you all for replies,will have at look out for 3/4 sleeves.Don't care what anyone thinks of my tattoo,its more the fact that i don't like it! Might look into removal,thought it would cost the earth! had it touched up couple of years ago but still looks poop IMO......thanks again xxx

Personallyl I wouldnt cover it up. I think molds need to be broken in this industry. You need to be clean and tidy but tattoos are not un clean or un tidy. I have 2 facial piercings and two tattoos that are visable, i dont make any attempt to cover them up. I think there is a stereotypical image of people within the beauty industry and i think its about time it was broken. A tattoo is about self expression as is nails and nail art......so just my opinion.....break the mold chick!!

Here, here I feel very strongly about this, I have tatts & percings but still look professional in my uniform & hate it when people have hinted that it might look unprofessional. I'm not a clone nor do I want to be!! I love my tatts & piercings & they aren't offensive. I can still do my job to a high standard with out being stereo typical!!!!:) I do wear a black cardigan at the moment as its cold but in summer I won't need to!! You'll never get everyone to be happy with everything so just be happy being yourself!!
Get that tatt touched up, covered up with something else if ya not keen & show it with pride, lol!!:)

i am a tattoo'd bird and if i tried to cover all mine up i would be like a mummy. But it is different if YOU dont like showing it then dont.
mine show i wear a salon tunic and you can only see the one on my arm when its moving, and i have never had any negativitey from anyone.
a nice smart polo shirt with your business name sounds a good choice

I think its a brill idea for a uniform, gets away from the doctor appearance haha. Think i may have some done with the business ad on. thanks for the idea.
sash x

Latest posts

Back