Opinions on my uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Just wanted to hear your opinions....

Because I have a tattoo on my top left arm,i have found it very hard to find a beauty tunic with long enough sleeves to cover this,so I have gotten some black polo shirts printed up with my logo and number etc on (tanning & nails),thought this would kill two birds with one stone....advertising and uniform.Has anyone else done this??? do you think with black trousers this will look proffessional enough???

thanks in advance xxx:hug:

I don't see why not a uniform is a uniform whatever it is, as long as it looks clean and neat, does the job and is comfy enough.

Post a pic.

I also think a plain colour is nice, as you said black or white nothing too out there. Then again I very boring.

thanks hun,wasn't sure if it would look too scruffy! they are in print at the moment,as soon as i receive them i'll post a pic! ta xx

Have you checked Inline's website? They do great tunics, I'm sure they do 3/4 sleeves to, I'll check for you!

I can't go on enough about them, talk about value for money!!!

xxxxx

Don't forget to put your tel number, just in case you pop out with it on.

Personallyl I wouldnt cover it up. I think molds need to be broken in this industry. You need to be clean and tidy but tattoos are not un clean or un tidy. I have 2 facial piercings and two tattoos that are visable, i dont make any attempt to cover them up. I think there is a stereotypical image of people within the beauty industry and i think its about time it was broken. A tattoo is about self expression as is nails and nail art......so just my opinion.....break the mold chick!!

not seen 3/4 sleeves before! if they do them i'll probably get a couple of those too! xx

That sounds really corny now I read back. But still advertising

covering it up mainly because i'm not too keen on it anymore.stretched a little with weight gain,lol and a bit faded!!!

The polo shirt i have in print are black with the Tantrick pic (hope i wont get told off) on the back and left breast,with my company name and phone number below saying mobile tanning and nails.

That's what I was thinking, not sprawled across the back or front.

Sounds nice can't wait to see how the look.

not seen 3/4 sleeves before! if they do them i'll probably get a couple of those too! xx

Sorry hun, I know they used to do them, they don't seem to anymore :confused:

xxxx

Thank you for trying Rose,much appreciated xx

don't worry about your tattoo

i think the main thing is that your uniform is clean, tidy and professional in appearance

if the tatoo is just peeking out a little i wouldnt worry too much about it.

something with sleves is fine for the winter months, but in the summer goodness me your going to wish you had short sleves.

jmo hope you sort something.

your own design tops sound great chick.
perfect way to advertise you company too x

I have exactly the same problem !!! (Mines top right though!)

I think Diamond Designs still do a 3/4 length uniform, i personally didn't like the design of the tunic otherwise id of bought it.

At the moment I have a normal tunic which doesn't cover the tattoo but I wear a black cardigan over it so you can't see it anyway.

I do agree with tonilee, if you like it have it on show. The first place I worked I was ordered to cover it up with a plaster which cost me a fortune & it really hurt having to rip it off every day !

If I liked the tattoo I would wear it with pride,but I don't like it anymore so hide it! I think cotton polo shirts will be fine in summer,maybe even cooler than tunics.Thanks for all you advice,means alot xx

I have tattoos, one on each arm, i always wear a cardigan in winter but in summer i just wear my tunic and hope they dont offend anyone :hug:

Your uniform sounds fine to me. I wear a white t-shirt and black trousers. I do a lot of massage and I've not been too warm, except when it's really hot outside.
Have you thought about tattoo removal? It's not as expensive as it used to be and it's very effective. One of my clients had it done and it worked really well for her. It may be worth looking into.
Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Latest posts

Back