Ouch help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink Lady J

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking for some help here I have cracked my nail and its bleeding but Iam going out would it be ok to put an enhancment on.

Thanks

It will probably help it. xxx

Hi all

Looking for some help here I have cracked my nail and its bleeding but Iam going out would it be ok to put an enhancment on.

Thanks
it would be fine, scrubfresh and seal the crack before you apply enhancment.

Thanks very much for your help

Have a look at this thread Sarah......especially the post by NailsinLondon...complete with picture of her nasty break!!http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/20321-nail-throbbing-help-2.html

Ruth is a genius with fibreglass...and that would be the ideal way to do this. But as you are not trained with it...an L&P overlay would do just as well.
An overlay will at least keep it all together and supported until it grows up a bit.

What did you do ..hit it with a hammer?

No not a hammer I hit it against the wall when puting a towel on the radiator it was straight on. The only problem with mine is that it the tip has actually came of

Normally if your free edge is totally off and it is still raw..I would advise leaving it alone apart from loads of Solar Oil....
But I suppose if you are heading out for a Christmas night out..you could put a VERY short sculpt on...making sure you have cleansed it all properly (it will only sting for the first minute!!)

If it's too painfull or raw to sculpt,you could always put a plaster on,wich would hide your shorter nail and keep out any nasties,hth x

I got some fab plasters from ASOS last Xmas. They are really bright colours, Pink, Red, Blue etc. Some of the bigger ones are in heart n lip shapes! I use them when I do something nasty (more often than not, unfortunatlly, Mam says I'm like a bull in a china shop, N Dad says "you're even more heavy handed than my Mother!) that I need to hide.

I know it's too late for your Xmas do, but for future reference, they're handy to have in..... Normally once the bleeding stops, lol n it doesn't hurt just to breath on it, you can then put some form of enhancement on.

I actually smashed a nail to smithereens just hours before I was going to a wedding! All my nails were beautiful (if I do say so myself, lol), but the one I broke, I wouldn't even put in the same room as scrubfresh (I'm a chicken where pain is concerned!) I put my bright pink plaster on, n got more people saying "ooh, where did you get your plasters" than "ooh, who did your nails"......

Latest posts

Back