Our geeks across the pond - are you ok?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hi

I am sure most of you have heard the news about the weather in America - I'm hoping al our geeks across the pond that are affected are ok,

Sending you all lots of :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Becki xxx

Well, we haven't had anything really bad...just cold as heck here in the "mitten".

Thanks for being concerned about us "yanks"! :hug:

I heard about this on GMTV this morning

I hope you are all ok

I out the news on but didnt see any talk of the weather in America - only the presidential election talk. Whats going on?

I saw a quick clip...not too sure what is going on...

but I hope everyone is safe and warm and cosy xxxxxxx :hug:

Last edited:
Weatherwise, all is well here in California. We finally got some sun yesterday after all the rain in the past few weeks.

S

It rained for days and the wind, the freaking wind, has finally settled.
I saw a large empty hot tub in a neighbors front yard.
Down the street I saw a huge trampoline on the loose.
The wind makes me bonkers.
No flash floods that I know of, thank goodness.

Yeah, I've been hearing of tornados as well, odd for this time of year...Currently we are being dumped with snow, snow, snow, snow, snow! All part of the same weather system causing the tornados...who knows when this snow will stop. It had just melted from the last time! :irked:

Yeah, I've been hearing of tornados as well, odd for this time of year...Currently we are being dumped with snow, snow, snow, snow, snow! All part of the same weather system causing the tornados...who knows when this snow will stop. It had just melted from the last time! :irked:

We're getting this same storm here now. Lot's of freezing rain but fortunately no tornadoes forecast.
My heart goes out to those who have lost everything in the affected US areas. x

yeah i seen this on the BBC, some crazy weather.

as soon as i hear something though weather, tornados etc i'm always on the net checking where it is, because my fiance's dad stays in houston for work. And then stephen laughs at me because i have to remember that texas is 3 times the size of the UK hehe

i have totally missed anything about the weather , hope everyones ok xx

I feel so bad for everyone getting hit so hard by the storms. We've finally had some warm sun over the past two days so I'm sending it on to the East for you!

S

can i just say firstly hope everyone is warm and safe..
but this weather business is doing my head in.. Here we are in Australia.. middle of summer and its 21 degrees.. freezing and to add insult to injury its raining too.. flash floods in sydney so i hear?? adelaide isnt suffering too bad, but we had lovely hot days and then... this.. grey.. cold.. what is going on in the world? so unseasonal..

that said... when it is suposed to be autumn we will probably get a heat wave and ill be preying for days of 21 so beggars must not be chooosers!

I feel so bad for everyone getting hit so hard by the storms. We've finally had some warm sun over the past two days so I'm sending it on to the East for you!

S
Would you send that by overnight mail please?? :lol:

It's even snowing in China! Of all places.

I saw a reporter reporting ( :rolleyes: ) from Chicago on the news yesterday...and boy did it look cold.....and windy...

this morning on GMTV there was an 11 month old baby who had been found face down in the mud after the tornado... he was ok apart from some cuts and bruises...but he had been overlooked in the rescue 1st time round...he was found later... a gorgeous little boy...but sadly his mother had died in the storm and was found a few yards away :sad:

The weather has gone crazy the world over...but I can remember extreme weather when I was younger... has it changed? or is it just how it evolves...? The droughts of 76 and 77? the winter of 81?

I think it just gets reported more now...something to fill the news.

I live in East Tennessee, I had some rough wind but lucky no storms like Middle Tenn. got . The day the storms went through our school had the teachers keep all students in their home rooms, so some classes were canceled for a while. At the moment I am working at a school of 800 kids teaching the ones that have problems reading which I find very rewarding and frustrating. My youngest son attends this school but with this many kids in one school I very rarely see him during the day.
As of today the schools here are closed due to a lot of teachers and students having the flu.

Latest posts

Back