own tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id say... its a no no....
at the end of the day your the one with the trainign you charge for your time, your experience and yep your products...

i dont change my price if a client wants me to use a one of their own polishes
i charge the same

id nt use her tips... and explain why...
for 1 they could be crap quality and you dont knwo where they have comefrom
and 2 its nt the tips that give strength its the product and how its applied....

also point out that due to your insurance you cant use them... as if there was a problem youd have no back up etc.. and it could invalidate it ;)

Jess
xox

Tell her to stick her tips up her you know what!

I had a lady asking if i could stick some tips on her for nowt! she had bought them from boots. No chance.

xx

I had a client that asked if she could use MY waxing stuff to wax her underarms!!!

I was flabbergasted.

Id already just waxed her legs and bikiniline.

I said she couldnt due to health and safety! lol. I was honestly (almost) speechless!!!

haha, I cant believe the cheek of some people.
Is it the same price for sculpts Without tips on your price list?
tell her the tips are complimentary and its the service and expensive l+p and other products the price pays for.

advise her on what facts peeps have said but if she still insists.. use her tips if shes happier about it, but dont knock off any dosh. £25 is cheap enough! imo :green:

What a cheeky mare!! I wouldnt do it, there s no way these tips are going to be professional standard, and you would be compromising your good name if they look like s**t when they are done. MY clients have MY tips, or non at all!:)

I'd charge the same, i'd also explain that you can't guarantee your work as you know nothing of the tips she wants you to use, nor their origins.

Well everyones said it.........all I have to say is the same .... don't knock money off if you find yourself in a position where you feel you have to do them...........But when she comes back with nails that need a serious going over, charge her for every repair you possibly can.......then add on a fiver!

If she says "why?" tell her that's the chance you take when you're using Dud tips!:lol:

I have had a client ask me to do a set of nails on her, and said she would bring her own powder and oil... supposedly CND that a friend who was a tech had given her.:eek:

I told her the price and told her that I by the way did not work with products I had not bought my self, and she got very annoyed.

My principle is never to use anything I have not bought myself. I cannot and will not guaranty the quality and durability of a set (and will not have my name associated with something) made with products that I don't know where have been bought and how they've been stored/kept.

It might very well have been CND but I can't know... besides, she should not have CND polymers when she has not taken a course (what prof. tech would give it to someone who have not had training?), and by using her products I would be saying that it is OK she has it.... and I DON'T! :mad:

If you agree to use her tips, even if you charge the same, you will be giving clients the impression that they are allowed to question your choice of brand(s) and thereby the quality of your work, and that they have the liberty to decide for you!

Also think about how clients talk. Most likely this costumer will tell friends that if they book with you, they can bring their own adhesive, abrasives, tips etc. You have chosen what ever system you use for a reason... Do you want a struggle to keep working with that system?

Just my opinion, hth

People are so cheeky.I did calgel on someone who had knackered her nails with rio and wanted me to get her some calgel so she could do herself.

This is not good for my health, I read what people do and then forget to breathe in and out............buggers

Hi

I have a lady who I have just heard has bought her own white tips because she is under the impression that they are "stronger than natural"!!

I have 2 questions:

1, I usually charge £25 for a full set of french acrylics.. how much should I charge her now??

2, Has anyone ever come across this before because its a first for me!

3, I will explain that the tip is not what makes them stronger they just give the length but would love some advice on this please :eek::eek:

Many thanks

Val
I would tell her that you will only guarantee work where the product has been provided by yourself. You dont know where these tips came from or if they are cheap chemist tips or the like. If you do it with her tips though I would still charge her full price.
cheers
Rachel

Yeah i would do it and charge her what you usually charge how cheeky of her!

Hello everyone

Well I did the clients nails. I told her that I couldnt guarantee them and charged the same price as normal. The tips were infact from a wholesaler and a well known brand. I have explained that its not the tip that gives the strength but it didnt make a difference.

I will not be doing the same for anyone else. Because I have recently moved here, I have only just begun to re-build my clientelle, I have just a handful of regulars so I can nip it in the bud before I get too busy and have em all doing the same!!

Thank you all so much for your great responses and helpful information.

Whitey :)

Latest posts

Back