P & W Stiletto's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
Afternoon!

Does anyone have any pics of P&W Stilletto's

I had a client call and ask for stillettos but with white tips but i've never did them like this and i've never seen a pic of them.

All help appreciated it's always nicer to know how something will turn out

HOLY COW!

Those are SERIOUS stillettos:!:

Don't put on your eye makeup with those puppies :eek:
YEEKS

Very nicely done, though!

Well these are great if you like something that screams .. I'm FALSE .. I'm Fake !! No lunula showing etc because of an opaque powder.

Honestly there is allot of time being given to these things and how many clients actually would wear them???

In fact an inordinate amount of time is given to things in the mags and on this site that your clients will NEVER wear ... so WHY??? Someone tell me, please?

Students barely out of the class room doing very poor nails and then slapping pretty horrendous nail art on them and proudly posting the pictures ... why?? BAD NAIL ART IS BAD ENOUGH WITHOUT PUTTING IT ON BAD NAILS AS WELL. DOUBLE BAD.

Learn your craft then learn how to decorate it. Even then only a small proportion of your clients will want it.

lol i was thinking a bit smaller!

I was thinking maybe the size of Gigi's red ruby stilleto but in pink & white.

These nails are quite nice but so unpractical. You are very right Geeg being asked for stiletto's, lipsticks etc is very rare but sometimes you get someone who wants to stand out. All we can do is steer them into reality regarding the size and best shape for their nails.

P.s Geeg who was the nail art dig aimed at? I'm getting the paranoia lol and i've never posted any of my nails :lol:

xxx

I think they look great and I dont even like Stilettos, you have done a great job on them :)

Esther

Wasn't having a dig at any individual.

hmm some do wear them obviously and some love them. Personally I like them because thay are art, they are the jewellry on the hands..
But still love the look of a nail where you cannot see whether it's "fake" or not so everything has it's place and time...

Last edited:
Haha! Its not about fake anymore. Everyone knows that the days of convincing people that your acrylics are real are LONG gone. Today its about individuality and expression. Not everyone has to see a lunula to make it a great set of nails. The nails that are pictures in the link are STUNNING! It takes a very SKILLED nail tech to be able to do work like this. To each their own.

i like them in fact i love em would actually wear these myself .. wouldnt mind having a go at doing a set one day .

very talented, but not practical, although I think there very popular in other countries. us british are quite conservative in our tastes. I wonder if there popular in the usa.
I do love to see the stiletto's but i don't think my clients would like them as i approach them to do there hair, the would probably run for there lives lol.
But imagine if somebody came into your salon and asked for a full set of them, what would you charge.
well they'd probably take hours to do.
with all the ornate painting sculpting and artwork. wouldn't be able to do many of them in a day....:confused:thg

Oooooo I love me stilleto's I do,
Whether it be super long (but proportioned imo) mad nail art ones,
Or my little short ones (like the gold in my gallery)

I normally wear stiletto or almond shape myself, I find it flatters my fingers, makes them look longer and sleeker...I find them very practical ( the shorter version obviously lol)

I think they will be easy enough to do with a white tip if she is having them a shorter length,
I am not too sure if they would look right if she has wide short nail beds though tbh,
What are her nail beds like ? (presuming she is a client already)

Gigi hun, I'll answer your question x
When I do the long stiletto's, I do them because I really enjoy it...
I enjoy concentrating on perfecting this quite akward shape to manage balance on,
Its an artistic thing to me....i become engrossed in it.
If I am stressed at home or something, playing with nails makes me chill out, and feel better...it cheers me up.
I know that my clients wouldn't want them on their nails, and if they did they probably wouldn't last five minutes with them, without breaking, or poking themselves somewhere painful !
I also like the "omg how did you do them" comments if I am honest...
Sometimes I find they grab Joe public's eye more than my lovely natural looking custom blends (as much as i love them too)
So this leads me to strike up a conversation....

I have done some horrendous sets of stiletto's lol,
The blueish ones in my album, I loved at the time, and thought I was dead clever lmao, whereas now I look back and think OMG...why did I do reasonable nails, and then wreck them with a load of flowers :green:
You live and learn I suppose.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I stress more and work harder over getting my "normal" sets better...than I ever do stiletto nails,
"Normal" sets are most important to me, than stiletto shape and nail art ever are, as they are my work....
I just enjoy "playing" with my products.

Haha! Its not about fake anymore. Everyone knows that the days of convincing people that your acrylics are real are LONG gone.

I have to disagree with you on this point - I have a custom blended free edge colour (Geeg's secret mix) that means my clients enhanced nails look exactly like natural nails. Not all my clients have it, obviously, and I do my fair share of P+W as well as glitter tips, but my natural look is very popular.

I've gained 4 clients who are friends of one of my natural acrylic ladies - they all thought she had long, natural nails and asked her what she used to grow them so well!

Edited to add: I think the stilettos in the picture are beautiful, but I also think Geeg has a good point. None of my clients would wear those, and I'm not sure how the stiletto shape has suddenly become so long!!!! The shape applies to shorter nails too......

Last edited:
to reply to nafia...

it's a l&p set with black acrylic paint on.

to just maybe say one word on gigi's first post, my lunula don't show on my nails... except ffor one mm on my 2 thumbs.

to the others, i too wear stilettos, or long square, they are as long as my forms allows me, and even longer using the center. i cannot live with short nails, it's a matter of habit.

a lot of ppl actually wear stillettos. it all depends on where you work/live. but sure you have to find the right ones.

I work in a city where there are a lot of (rich) russian women and they're all crazy on these.

to me it's an art to make them look good, without nail art, and with. I agree 300% with Geeg saying that so many students get out of school with poor skills, and try to make a set look better with nail art every where, too heavy, and cheaply done. but I don't think Nayada fists in this category.

Gigi, while I agree with you that the only thing worse then dirty bitten nails is badly made acrylic ones I have to say that the nails on that site are to me, beautiful. They are truly artistic and require much talent, artistic talent to produce, I would love to be able to make nails like these, I would love to be able to think up ideas and make those idea's work, but I don't have a artistic bone in my body.:green:
No you are quiet right they don't belong anywhere out side of a portfolio as an example of how well you can strut your stuff but, as inspiration and as a way to keep tech's from getting stale I think they are wonderful.
Wear them? yer right, when I win the lotto and someone else does my housework etc:lol:

Why is everyone replying to me??? I can give my opinion as well as everyone else can't I? Or am I not allowed?

I didn't say they weren't nicely done! They are beautifully done if you like your nails to look fake, is what I said. THAT is my opinion. If you and your clients adore looking fake and false then fine 'n dandy. Mine don't and most women, in the UK at any rate, don't.

Apart from to just have the fun of doing them I wouldn't waste my time and energy on this style. MY POINT is that many seem to and I can't figure out why.

Sure do it for fun, Emmsybabe, why not? But there is so much emphasis placed on this and other styles that no one wears; MY OPINION, if I am allowed to express it, is that that effort would be better spent doing nails that people will pay you to do.

Latest posts

Back