panicking about trade test - advice needed about creme wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
well, to cut a long story short, I may be renting a room in a salon for one day per week (to start with). The lady that owns the salon has asked me to go in on Friday to give her a facial and a half leg. They have creme wax there at present, and as I'm a PHD gal it's been yonks since I used pot & spatula method, and have never used a creme wax in my life!

I know I am probably worrying over nothing, I am qualified and I know what I'm doing, but I really want this room! Is there anything I should know about creme wax?
Is me having butterflies normal and feeling a bit nervous?

If you are renting the room I presume you will be using your own products so I would take the Phd and use what you are used to.

Same with the facial stuff too.

Firstly well done for being so brave the word trade test scares me to death.

I should ask her if you will be able to take your own system to use, makes sense if you are confident in the product you are using.

Failing that you really need to do your homework on the supplied product and maybe try working with it before you go.

Good luck & im sure you will win her over in minutes

Champagne xx

thanks for the replies :) will let you know how I get one

Good luck sweetie ... will be thinking of you :hug: xx

I agree about taking your own things, if you are renting space rather than being employed by her you should be able to use what you are used to xxx

am going to take my PHD, I'll tell her that this is what I am used to using, and hopefully use the time it takes to heat up to set up for the facial and have a chat.

The facial range she has in at the mo is salon systems cheapo stuff - no idea what this is like to use, but I will say that if she lets me rent the room I wont be offering facials until I can afford to get a decent range plus retail in. Unless theres a massive demand for facials in which case I will probs have to use it?

We used salon systems at college and its not all that good - its pretty basic and not very flexible.

I have been using Natures Way (mostly on myself and practicing on friends as I have not had that many facial clients) which I know is not the greatest product range but it is flexible and you can use it on more types of skin, the ampules are very nice.

Also its not expensive when you are just starting out and you dont have to bulk order which was my main reason for using it.

The other reason was a mobile therapist I know has used it for quite a while and her clients love it, she finds it retails quite well.

:hug:

I have heard a lot of people say natures way retails well. I am trained with them (funnily enough!) although at the time I put them in the category of cheap & nasty.....maybe time for a rethink?

If you think Natures Way is cheap and nasty you have not been near Salon Systems, my hands, and face, used to get itchy and red whenever I used it, its yucky.

LOL, well I will use it to do the facial and then tell her I wont do facials until I get a better range in - hopefully this wont put her off renting me the room!!

am about to leave soon for my test - keep it all crossed for me girls!!

Good luck hunnie x

thanks mrs r! it went quite well, considering I didnt take my phd kit in and her wax switched itself off and it took me about 40 mins to do a half leg with a wax i have never used before! but she loved the facial, am going in next thurs for a free hair colour and to promote myself a bit to the thursday ladies, then start for real the week after!

The lady is really nice and I met one of the other girls who is lovely, so all I need to do is pimp myself like mad and do the best I can do!

Well done hun - I knew they would love you.

Well done hunnie x

Well done, that's excellent news :hug:

Latest posts

Back