Paraffin wax with polish or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question to all you fellow salon geeks when i trained to do paraffin foot treatments i was told that it was more of a treatment and no polish should be applied as it would defeat the purpose of doing it if using a nail polish remover to remoe grease from nails and will also mean that it leaves a greasy and silky film on the nails that polish wont last long on.
i have a cllient that wanted paraffin wax treatment but loves having polish when i told her she changed her mind to super pedicures but just reading threads on here i wondered if you do offer polish after paraffin wax hand and foot treatments and whether the polish would be ok-just in case she goes somewhere else and they do it
thankyou

I did vtct level 2 beauty therapy which involves an assessment including paraffin wax. We were taught to polish following paraffin wax and I did this for assessment- you just squeak the nail plate clean first with remover.

To my mind, you usually apply the wax as a hand treatment for the skin. Whilst I can understand the benefit of not polishing afterwards, unless the wax is being applied specifically for a nail treatment and nothing else, I would definitely polish to compete the treatment.

I see paraffin wax as more of a skin treatment than a nail treatment

LindaC xx

I see paraffin wax as more of a skin treatment than a nail treatment

LindaC xx

Yes paraffin wax treatment is a skin treatment .:lol:

I did vtct level 2 beauty therapy which involves an assessment including paraffin wax. We were taught to polish following paraffin wax and I did this for assessment- you just squeak the nail plate clean first with remover.
I agree, carry on with the Paraffin Wax, but I would squeak the nail plate with Scrubfresh, rather than nail polish remover! I would make sure that I got down into the side walls aswell, making 100% sure that the nail plate was definately clean and oil free!

This is something that I have pondered also, I personally don't like the idea of lavishing moisture on the nail or skin, then having the need to dehydrate/squeak in order to apply polish.

I explain to the client the benefit of this ultra moisturising/nourishing treatment, then the almost hypocritical need to dehydrate afterwards ...... most choose not to have polish.

Thats just the way "I" choose to offer this service.

I agree with LindaC, its more of a skin treatment and when i was trained we were told to clean the nail plate the proceed with polish.
I done a client on saturday that had a paraffin wax foot treatment and then had polish, it was all fine. and she even had a few gems added. :)

hth

Hi hun, i am level 2 and 3 trained and have also trained with jessica, yes parrafin wax treatment is for the skin, it is ideal for arthritics, and dry skins along with many more. It is a treatment but can be incoperated into any regime. Personally i would not have a treatment which did not include polish and i am sure many others would not either. Jessica is a prescriptive ped specifically tailored to the nails and hands of the feet. So like with jessica and with a parrafin wax treatment u are adding moisture and goodness to the nails and surrounding skin. Rather than using a nail polish to remove what u have put in, take a cloth wipe, dampen and squeek the nails allowing u to finish treatment with perfect polish. So hun please give your ladies the final touch, as u have scene from your clients responce she wanted the polish. If that had been a new client hun she would be going down the street to some one else. Hope that is of help jennyxxxx

i also agree it is a skin treatment but when i do one then polish after i do just wipe over the nail plate with polish remover and i have never had an complaints:)

I trained with Jessica aswell. Instead of using remover to squeak the nails we were taught to scub the nails using a soft nail brush and Jessica handbath. Brush each nail over the manicure bowl and dry. This is much less dehydrating to the nail plate.

I trained with Jessica aswell. Instead of using remover to squeak the nails we were taught to scub the nails using a soft nail brush and Jessica handbath. Brush each nail over the manicure bowl and dry. This is much less dehydrating to the nail plate.

I just use water hun but obviously use the brush and hand bath when doing a le remedi treatment or zenspa, other wise i would have to up my prices with the parrafin as would not be cost effective. but totally agee with what u have said, custom polish is a must with all treatments.xx

i know this is a bit of an old thread, but when i so paraffin wax, i polish BEFORE and wait to almost dry, then do the wax. it does leave a bit of an oil on the polish, but soaks in anyway, just as with cuticle oil. this way you dont need to worry about the scrubing off of oils from the wax.

Latest posts

Back