Pedicure chair thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie99

Reaction score
Hi ya
We used to own one of those chairs and they are pretty comfortable but the only problem we had was if you lean quite far forward in them they can tip right over.
Might be worth just testing it personally yourself before buying.
I always find the ideal Pedi position a nightmare and usually end up with client on couch to save my back.
Hope you find something suitable.
Xxx

I was going to use it for client to sit in and me on a stool with foot rested in my lap xx

The problem seemed to happen when you put both hands on arms to push yourself up as they kind of throw you back so you need to use your arms to get up, which is when it tipped!!! Maybe I'm particularly clumsy or they may have tweaked the design to improve it xxx

I would soooo not recommnend that chair. They are a nightmare to get out of. Anyone who has mobility issues would be SOL.

I thought it would be ok I have another chair for people with any mobility issues etc I'm just working from home at the moment x

This chair is SUPER low to the ground. I honestly am pretty sure you'd regret it. Don't sacrifice your back for the comfort of your clients. Get a proper pedicure chair.

I used this chair in my home beauty room, very comfy for the client but not for me :( I now do my pedis with the client sitting up on the couch, much more comfortable. x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

My mum had a couple of these in her conservatory so I've used them for pedis. I hate them. The position is crippling for you back after a while, just too low. And from a sitting on perspective I never trusted them, I'm larger than the average lady and the thoughts of having to sit in it turned me white with anxiety. But I'm aware that I'm a bit paranoid and probably undeservedly so!

Definitely not a recommendation I'd make.

I have had to start doing my pedicures on my couch now as I was finding my back and neck were hurting working with the client in the pedicure chair but my problem is now that my clients are finding it uncomfortable to put their feet in the bowl as it is a very tall bowl (I have the footsie spa) so I brough one of the scholl spa baths but the lip was so wide that the ladies couldnt get there feet in and out easily so was just wondering which make of bowl thoughs of you who work from a couch use ?xx:hug:

I have this in leather. To be honest it is very low and I have to sit on a tiny stool/step so I am at the right height to work on clients feet & it does do your back in. Rubbish for doing shellac or gel toes as the client has to sit up & lean forward all the time to see where they are putting their feet. I would go for an electric, height adjustable, swivel chair - more expensive yes but in the long run it will save your back and make your job alot easier.

I have had to start doing my pedicures on my couch now as I was finding my back and neck were hurting working with the client in the pedicure chair but my problem is now that my clients are finding it uncomfortable to put their feet in the bowl as it is a very tall bowl (I have the footsie spa) so I brough one of the scholl spa baths but the lip was so wide that the ladies couldnt get there feet in and out easily so was just wondering which make of bowl thoughs of you who work from a couch use ?xx:hug:

Realisticbeauty, I'm same as you and do my pedicures on my couch. I used to soak on the couch also but since buying my footsie spa I too find it too deep so now have the foot spa on the floor as the side of the couch and my clients sit side on with their feet in the bath then spin themselves round onto the couch for me to carry on with the remainder of the pedicure.

I do find I have to lower the couch for the soak and then raise it up once they are fully on the couch but I have an electric couch so this is not a problem

hope this helps

Heather x

we had one of these chairs in my salon. really good and you can get a foot stool with it. the only thing is for the older clients it was quite low down. i use a folding camping chair cover it with a throw and couple of cushions. its really comfy!

thank you I think this is what I am going to have to do jus need to alter my routine now so the feet don't need to go back in the bowl xx

Latest posts

Back