Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariannet

Reaction score
hi when do you do a scrub in your pedicure

after i have soaked
hth

after you have soaked the feet .

I soak, trim toe nails, do cuticle work, do callous work, THEN I do the scrub, rinse off with hot towels and carry on the massage.

^^that's what i do too.

I soak, remove polish, trim and file nails, cuticle work, SCRUB then soak again...go to next foot...

1 Wipe the feet with surgical spirit and check for contra-indications.
2 remove polish
3 soak for 5min
4 towel dry then cut nails,use emery board
5 apply cuticle cream and massage in cuticles
6 push back cuticles
7 cuticle knife any excess cuticle if needed
8 then apply scrub and massage
9 then hard skin
then repeat step 4-9 on the other foot and so on.tht

Surgical spirit seems very harsh to me; I use scrubfresh to sanitise the tootsies before I get them into a footsie footspa.
Once I've completed the nail prep I use a scrub on one foot, then apply the mask, wrap up the foot, and apply the scrub to the other foot.

After I have removed any polish and soaked the feet xx

soak feet for ten minutes
use a foot file on any callous
remove polish
cut
file
cuticle work
sea salt scrub
massage
parrafin wax
polish

well... I guess thats my spa pedicure, but I don't use a scrub in a normal ped, just a foot file on the heel and rough spots.

I was always taught never to soak the feet or hands before you file or cut them as the water penetrates the nail and loosens it filling and clipping then results in frayed free edge and can also break then nail????
:rolleyes:

I was always taught never to soak the feet or hands before you file or cut them as the water penetrates the nail and loosens it filling and clipping then results in frayed free edge and can also break then nail????

That rule only applies to the hands. With the feet you soak first then file.

1 Wipe the feet with surgical spirit and check for contra-indications.
2 remove polish
3 soak for 5min
4 towel dry then cut nails,use emery board
5 apply cuticle cream and massage in cuticles
6 push back cuticles
7 cuticle knife any excess cuticle if needed
8 then apply scrub and massage
9 then hard skin
then repeat step 4-9 on the other foot and so on.tht

i do this way too but i don't use SS i use foot sanitiser instead

It is standard teaching before touching feet to sanitise them by soaking in a foot bath. I wouldn't dream of touching anyones feet without a soak and clean first.

As toenails are generally much thicker than fingernails, it also helps to trim them more easily if you soak them first. I then do the cuticle work and then file, which by that time the nails are usually good and hard again. I have never seen a frayed toenail (or fingernail for that matter) because of soaking first. Mind you, I use very fine files on natural nails not sandpaper :lol:.

I would always sanitise feet with a spray then check for any contra-indications.
Remove any polish
Foot file/hard skin
Soak
Exfoliate then remove by re soak the foot followed by hot towel
cuticle work/cut/shape/file
massage
masque/heated booties/hot towel to remove
foot lotion
polish

Wow, I must be the only one that scrubs before soaking! That way it removes the scrub at the same time as soaking xx

Latest posts

Back