Perfecting French Polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshnails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help with my questions so far. :green:

Just wondering??! I had a great night last night doing two Spa Manicures with new customers who were both happy with their french tip one having a cream tip and the other a white. As I am a perfectionis i'm only 95% happy with my white tip of a french manicure though. So do any of you have any hints and tips on how to be 100% happy with creating a great white tip? Good nail paint and a steady had is a good start so i'm nearly there!!

Thanks X

There is a thread on here calkled the nail fresh trick...i am not equiped to attach it,i do not know how still:eek:

However type it in to the search engine have a read through and all your answers will be revealed...i tried many,but use nail fresh,as it really works:hug:

My question is: what 5% are you not happy with? Sometimes, I think we are too hard on ourselves. :)

I think you might be right. I think experimenting with different whites will help but there is nothing obvious so maybe I am being harsh!!

If you've not used Essie's Marshmallow for the tip, try it. It's literally the BEST white polish I've ever used for a french. :)

when i do a french manicure to get it really perfect i put the white on all the tips fairly rough at first the do a second coat if need, i then go back with my brush and dip it in a tiny bit of acetone and blot it on paper then i clean up the smile line works perfect for me every time.

im not sure if this is what you are already doing if so maybe you are being a little harsh on yourself :green:

I use a striping brush for my white tips.

I think it is all down to practice and doing it till you even see white tips in your sleep!!!

xxx

i always do pink first when i do french polish, then i draw my smile line with whatever tip color using a striper brush, fill in the the tip from smile line to free edge. this method works great becuase you can get your smile line perfect with the stiper and your white doesnt get muted pulling the pink polish over it.

Some people - myself included, like to mute the white a bit by using a semi sheer coat over the top.

Why not just do perfect smiles using the brush in the bottle? Using 2 brushes seems not very efficient to me.

Some people - myself included, like to mute the white a bit by using a semi sheer coat over the top.

Why not just do perfect smiles using the brush in the bottle? Using 2 brushes seems not very efficient to me.

using a striper brush and then using a regular polish brush doesnt take any longer than using one brush.. unless the fraction of a second where you put the brush down is really going to break the bank i dont see why critizing my technique is going to help the person who started this thread. everyone has their own way doing things. this works great for me, i was only trying to help. and btw, my clients like this look, if anyone asks for a softer white i just use a different color.

I think the best way to help the poster of the thread and any other would-be professional is to teach them how most professionals do it.

If you want to take my comments as criticism then that is entirely up to you. Some folks spend their lives looking for criticism or for a fight.

I wonder if the other poster who mentioned using a striping brush is equally offended by my observation. If so I am deeply sorry if my mention that to me using 2 brushes does not seem very efficient was taken as a biting criticism of your technique . :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back