Peri menopausal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Ahh I know this topic isn't relevant to about 80% of you young geeks but is anyone going through peri menopause symptoms? Only 42 but feel 62 :(.

Oh dear! Me!! I started the menopause at 25 luckily after I had my daughter.
I went from endremetrisis to menapause.
Having such a nightmare with Hrt I'm so fed up.
How you feeling? Xx

Symptoms:
fat, so bloated I look preggas, in fact I've broken two bras in as many weeks!
Tired
Headaches
Periods every three weeks (thought they'd get further apart)
Stomach pains

Haven't been to the doctors - is it worth it? X

and itchy - forgot that one!

Symptoms:
Tired
Headaches
Stomach pains

I'd say yes definately go to the docs as they can do a hormone test to see that you are approaching menopause as certain other things can give you the same symptoms so best to check.
If you are,then you can try to help things with your diet and certain supplements there is loads of info on the net or books.I have found a few things that help me but what helps one person won't necessarily work for someone else.

Symptoms:
Tired
Headaches
Stomach pains

Ah Hun I really feel for you, it took 2 years for them to diagnose me and that was me asking them to as periods were fizzling out and hot flushes were horrendous.
When I asked the doctor to test me she laughed as I were stupid! I'll never forget!
My FHS levels should have been below 20, they were at 95!!
I was total devastated took years to come to terms with it!
I was on a tablet for ten years but they stopped that one so the lady two years been trying to find something, some won't stop my night sweats, make my ME worse, brought me out in acne, bloated me, bad headaches!! I'm sick to death!!
Because of the acne last year I was put on diannette the pill for acne, my god the best id felt in years, more energy, felt positive ( suffer depression) boobs grew, skin was amazing!
BUT I had three migraines in three months so the doctor had to take me off it, I think she was as gutted as me :(
But I'll not stop I'm now, after research trying hrt which is mainly estrogen as no I can feel good.
Sorry this is so long I guess I would say, you may as well try, nothing to lose, I'm only 40 now so still have to take for another. Ten yrs xxxx

You can buy an over the counter test if you don't want to go to the docs,but to be honest if I were you I would just to check its not something else.

I went into menopause in my late thirties. There are blood tests available which will help the doctor pinpoint where you are in the process.
I had no clue what was happening. I had night flushes, put on weight, (I've always been naturally slim), and suffered depression.
I never took HRT, and I'm glad I refused it. I'm out the other side now, and apart from struggling to shift the weight, I feel so much better.

Ah Hun I really feel for you, it took 2 years for them to diagnose me and that was me asking them to as periods were fizzling out and hot flushes were horrendous.
When I asked the doctor to test me she laughed as I were stupid! I'll never forget!
My FHS levels should have been below 20, they were at 95!!
I was total devastated took years to come to terms with it!
I was on a tablet for ten years but they stopped that one so the lady two years been trying to find something, some won't stop my night sweats, make my ME worse, brought me out in acne, bloated me, bad headaches!! I'm sick to death!!
Because of the acne last year I was put on diannette the pill for acne, my god the best id felt in years, more energy, felt positive ( suffer depression) boobs grew, skin was amazing!
BUT I had three migraines in three months so the doctor had to take me off it, I think she was as gutted as me :(
But I'll not stop I'm now, after research trying hrt which is mainly estrogen as no I can feel good.
Sorry this is so long I guess I would say, you may as well try, nothing to lose, I'm only 40 now so still have to take for another. Ten yrs xxxx

Ahh it sounds like you've had it really rough chick and from a young age too. I hope you get sorted with some meds soon. X

You can buy an over the counter test if you don't want to go to the docs,but to be honest if I were you I would just to check its not something else.

Yes, thanks for your advice - I'll make an appointment next week x

I went into menopause in my late thirties. There are blood tests available which will help the doctor pinpoint where you are in the process.
I had no clue what was happening. I had night flushes, put on weight, (I've always been naturally slim), and suffered depression.
I never took HRT, and I'm glad I refused it. I'm out the other side now, and apart from struggling to shift the weight, I feel so much better.

Forgive my ignorance but why are you glad you refused HRT? :/

I think I have more hrt in my cupboard then boots! 😳
I am on a forum called menapause matters and had so much help and advice on there, tells you about the different ones you can take, people who don't take it, maybe have a little peek if your unsure but liked Gillian said I'd go get checked out just to see xxx

Hi hun, really feel for you and am suffering similar myself, not headaches quite so much

Major thing with me is brain fog:irked:

Can't concentrate on what I'm doing, go upstairs and don't know what I've gone for, :irked: I put milk in the cupboard and the fairy liquid in the fridge

Anyone doing crazy things like this?

edit to add: I'm 48, regular as clockwork still apart from a 3 week period a couple of years ago

A lot of people don't like to take it as there are risks, but I've always been told I'm just actually putting in my body what should be there at my age, it's diffident if your 50 and take it.
I no stokes ect are a risk xxx

I'm glad I refused HRT, because it simply delays symptoms. You get all the hot flushes etc further down the road when you come off it. I'm pleased I've got it out of the way.

Hi hun, really feel for you and am suffering similar myself, not headaches quite so much

Can't concentrate on what I'm doing, go upstairs and don't know what I've gone for, :irked: I put milk in the cupboard and the fairy liquid in the fridge

edit to add: I'm 48, regular as clockwork still apart from a 3 week period a couple of years ago

Yes general foggyness and low motivation. No get up and go at the mo!

I'm always doing things like this, even when I speak I speak words the wrong way round! 😳xx

Yes, thanks for your advice - I'll make an appointment next week x

I would go in with your symptoms and they should offer you tests I would hope they will feel your tummy,do a Blood test which as well as your hormone levels should include the CA125 blood test for ovarian cancer,I'd also ask for a scan if you are in pain.They found fibroids when I had mine.Not much they will do about them when they are small but at least I know they are there and why I get clots and pain now.

I'm sure I read an article about testosterone being prescribed - hmm what would be the side effects?

I'm sure I read an article about testosterone being prescribed - hmm what would be the side effects?

One hrt I was on had too much of that in, that's what gave me acne :( xx

Latest posts

Back