Peri menopausal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate hormones 😡xx

Just thinking! All us menopausal women on SG at one time!:eek: No wonder threads and posts go crazy!:lol:

Hormones and a full moon.when my husband was policing on the beat he swore women were mad at the full moon phase.Fighting eachother and generally crazy.

I don't so much get hot flushes but I do get heart palpitations which initially were really frightening as I didn't realise they were menopause related.I also get itching at night,you itch one bit then another bit and so it carries on.
Skin is much more sensitive,I feel all the labels in my clothes now.I also feel so angry sometimes over the slightest thing or really tearful.Its a funny old time.

The itching!!! I thought I had fleas or nits or something! I've been popping antihistamine tablets to try and stop it.

Hormones and a full moon.when my husband was policing on the beat he swore women were mad at the full moon phase.Fighting eachother and generally crazy.

And needing waxed Gillian!:lol: with it being full moon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thread.. I'm way older than 42 I'm not saying how old, (but I'm told I look 42) but not had issues with menopause. Although I've had weight gain, and palpitations, but that's it really. I'm still waiting for more signs ! This thread is an insight for me !

Interesting thread.. I'm way older than 42 I'm not saying how old, (but I'm told I look 42) but not had issues with menopause. Although I've had weight gain, and palpitations, but that's it really. I'm still waiting for more signs ! This thread is an insight for me !

I thought you were in your 30's 😊xx

I thought you were in your 30's 😊xx

Heee heee... oh **** :eek: really.. damn, really done it now haven't I... nooooooo...

I started going through it at in late 30's unbeknown to me, I had tbd hot flushes at 41 the blood tests told me I was out the other end, done and dusted :)
On HRT now and at nearly 44 I feel 29 again haha

I'm so glad to read all your stories. I am 41 and went to the doctors this week because I was putting on weight for no reason and having the hot flushes and the doctor told me I was peri menopausal . Although I was half expecting him to say that as my mum and grandma were about the same age when they started it still came as a bit of a blow. I am having a blood test on the 18th to confirm...in myself I feel fine apart from feeling like a heffa and the hot flushes which are awful they leave me feeling shakey and sick, my poor kids and partner have to put up with windows and doors open even when it's cold lol.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394372684.090920.jpg

I know its a bit personal to ask so apologies in advance:o

but are your periods all over the place? Mine are still really regular apart from one which lasted 3 weeks last year.

i though irregular periods were the main sign.

Has anybody found they are going through the perimenopause/menopause and still having regular periods?

but are your periods all over the place? Mine are still really regular apart from one which lasted 3 weeks last year.

Has anybody found they are going through the perimenopause/menopause and still having regular periods?

I was Still having them, just not regular, I use to be every 26 days but started getting longer apart. Xx

Mine dwindled out to noting then just stopped dead 2 yrs ago (at 41) (hooray) talking to others, it seems I got off lightly x

I still do and I'm 51 they are just heavier and last longer.

Mine just stopped one month and I haven't seen one since. My main bug bearer was the hot flushes - they ruined my life!! I couldn't do anything when they happened as I'd get massive palpitations with them and felt really sick as well - I just froze on the spot, couldn't move or anything - really embarrassing when dealing with the public!!! Anyway I refused HRT and went down the natural route and booked a block of acupuncture appointments which helped cure all my symptoms. I still get the odd flush now and then but nothing compared to what I used to get - they were like an illness in themselves!!!!

Hi interesting reading, I've been going through all this since I was 45, I'm now 51, and still suffering hot flushes every hour, absolute nightmare. I'm reluctant to go on HRT, so take menopace, not sure if it helps. I've gained over two stone in this time, still have fairly regular periods but have missed a couple here & there! I used to suffer PMT, the only good thing about the peri menopause is I don't suffer that anymore! Lol! I think us girls have a proper raw deal! X

I haven't had a period since December

That has been an education reading that, I thought the missing periods were the first sign!!

Perhaps my general dippiness can be blamed on the peri-menopause then.

Another thing I do (a lot) is drift off into my own world and when someone speaks to me I never hear what they say and have to say "pardon?" (Not with clients I should add, I'm on top form cos I'm not doing anything else, just their nails) It seems to be when I do several things at once that this happens.

I can't multi task very well any more :sad:

I'm sure it goes by a year since your last period then it's going through the menopause.
Unfortunately as I started at 25 I will have the symptoms till I'm around 50!
So hrt is important to me, some ladies don't need it, some don't think it helps, some swear by it.
Guess it's down to each lady in the end, but would look at family history, how bad are symptoms ect xx

Latest posts

Back