Peri menopausal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't told my husband about all this - I feel kind of embarrassed about it.

Ah don't feel embarrassed, think how I felt when i met someone at 27 and had to tell them!
Just say you think your body is changing and may go to doctors as getting symptoms that are making you feel down. Xx

Ah don't feel embarrassed, think how I felt when i met someone at 27 and had to tell them!
Just say you think your body is changing and may go to doctors as getting symptoms that are making you feel down. Xx

Thanks chick-a-dee. Xx

I tell my husband of 25 years anything about my health on a need to know basis I have to know everything about anything he's got though :).
He's great but I'd sooner deal with most of my medical things on my own.

I tell my husband of 25 years anything about my health on a need to know basis I have to know everything about anything he's got though :).
He's great but I'd sooner deal with most of my medical things on my own.

It just makes be feel old and less attractive. I'd rather he didn't know but I will talk to him after going to drs.

Thanks Gillian for your posts. X

It just makes be feel old and less attractive. I'd rather he didn't know but I will talk to him after going to drs.

I no where you coming from but I don't think he will see it that way.
God woman have a right raw deal don't we!!
Xx

I don't intend taking HRT either, I know people who swear by it but I'll be taking the natural route (if I can bear it lol)

We have lots of heart problems in our family so this might make it unsuitable anyway.

God woman have a right raw deal don't we!!
Xx

We certainly do!!

Men cannot see it tho. Not just the period stuff either.

When I was having our first baby, all my husband could complain about was how uncomfortable the chair was in the delivery room and how sweaty his rear end was:eek:

And on a reguler basis he complains about having to shave his CHIN - well try legs, underarms etc then mate :irked:

Well we have just got older and less attractive together.He's had to have his varicose veins removed,my lower leg circulations perfect :)

My mum didn't take HRT but was 52 so was different, my step grandma took it and had a stroke and my mum said my grandad always blamed the HRT.
Blossom is right you must look into your family history for medical notes ect xx

We certainly do!!

Men cannot see it tho. Not just the period stuff either.

When I was having our first baby, all my husband could complain about was how uncomfortable the chair was in the delivery room and how sweaty his rear end was:eek:

And on a reguler basis he complains about having to shave his CHIN - well try legs, underarms etc then mate :irked:

Wow, bet you nearly killed him 😳xx

Ha! You girls have cheered me up. Xxxxx

Well any advice needed on different hrt just ask 😉 think I no enough about the blinking stuff to be a doctor xxxx

I noticed changes when I was 42! I have read so much on the subject of peri-menopause and menopause! I was on HRT for a while, but had weight issues with it, which I never had before. My main problem was hot flushes! They were terrible! For some reason they always were at their worst when I was at the Supermarket check-out, making me look very guilty indeed! Had uncomfortable night sweats, but not the awful ones I hear about where some women need to change the bedding several times during one night, thank god!

I hope I am allowed to say this. What worked for me was Wellsprings Natural Progesterone cream. You can visit the Wellsprings website to read up on it! It takes about 3 months to get into your system. It helped to a certain extent. I then read about Starflower oil 1000 mg capsules and Vit E capsules, also 1000 mg. I started to take them with the cream and I can honestly say the difference was great. I now take a hot flush about twice a week and the night sweats are completely reduced to the point where they are not troublesome! Hope that helps some of you!

Should also add, this was all discussed with my GP!

ah weight issues. Is this part of it too?

I lost 2 stone 5lb last year and was so pleased, but to keep it off I need to eat 1200 calories a day no more AND go to the gym or workout class every day as well, and all that just MAINTAINS my weight thats all, so to lose it I'd have to eat next to nothing or do 2 workouts a day.:irked:

Needless to say this has been difficult to keep up so I've gained back a good half stone:irked: Do you think peri-menopause slows the metabolism right down?

I noticed changes when I was 42! I have read so much on the subject of peri-menopause and menopause! I was on HRT for a while, but had weight issues with it, which I never had before. My main problem was hot flushes! They were terrible! For some reason they always were at their worst when I was at the Supermarket check-out, making me look very guilty indeed! Had uncomfortable night sweats, but not the awful ones I hear about where some women need to change the bedding several times during one night, thank god!

I hope I am allowed to say this. What worked for me was Wellsprings Natural Progesterone cream. You can visit the Wellsprings website to read up on it! It takes about 3 months to get into your system. It helped to a certain extent. I then read about Starflower oil 1000 mg capsules and Vit E capsules, also 1000 mg. I started to take them with the cream and I can honestly say the difference was great. I now take a hot flush about twice a week and the night sweats are completely reduced to the point where they are not troublesome! Hope that helps some of you!

God I get the night sweats and it is horrible, especially when it's cold you wake up drenched the sheets are wet, your Jim jams are wet but your freezing!

One thing I see on the menapause site is the gel! You can adjust to your needs and the most gentle way (including the patch) which is why a lot go for this.
It has alcohol in so I could not use it as made my ME worse, or would of stuck with it.
You take a separate progestrogen for so many days xx

ah weight issues. Is this part of it too?

I lost 2 stone 5lb last year and was so pleased, but to keep it off I need to eat 1200 calories a day no more AND go to the gym or workout class every day as well, and all that just MAINTAINS my weight thats all, so to lose it I'd have to eat next to nothing or do 2 workouts a day.:irked:

Needless to say this has been difficult to keep up so I've gained back a good half stone:irked: Do you think peri-menopause slows the metabolism right down?

I personally do Blossom! I read a woman at this stage of her life can expect to put on 1 1/2 stone. It's c**p really!

I don't so much get hot flushes but I do get heart palpitations which initially were really frightening as I didn't realise they were menopause related.I also get itching at night,you itch one bit then another bit and so it carries on.
Skin is much more sensitive,I feel all the labels in my clothes now.I also feel so angry sometimes over the slightest thing or really tearful.Its a funny old time.

I don't so much get hot flushes but I do get heart palpitations which initially were really frightening as I didn't realise they were menopause related.I also get itching at night,you itch one bit then another bit and so it carries on.
Skin is much more sensitive,I feel all the labels in my clothes now.I also feel so angry sometimes over the slightest thing or really tearful.Its a funny old time.

That could explain why I can be sooooo sensitive Gillian! I am known for it on here!;)

Latest posts

Back