perks for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I offer them the pleasure of my company and the chance to vent about all sorts.

New clients get a mini Solar Oil, to show them the benefit and in the hope that they will buy larger in the future. All get a hand massage after using Scensations and this hopefully will lead to a sale.

Some good ideas here but not sure on the cleaning jewellery as some of it wont be gold and could go manky anyway.

Things like the facial you should be charging for

sharen

HIYA, i put a hot stone at base of back when doing facials etc, hot towells from radiator over cliets when they are having pedi facial massage etc we provide loads of different juices and hot drinks for them when they are here, we also give away the nail file that we use with a mani, hand or foot massage when mask is on too. thats plenty i think xxx

I like the idea of making the pedi water look nicer. Does anyone know of a nice bowl to use rather than a plastic foot spa? Like the ones you always see in the posters and things?!

I like the idea of making the pedi water look nicer.!
ooh i had visions of you adding food colouring to the water to make it a pretty coulor.. ffeewwwww

I wouldn't put it past me!

I wouldn't put it past me!
uummmm would you like pink, blue, green or purple feet today:lol::lol::lol::lol:
you could even paint there toe nails to clash:lol:

I like the idea of making the pedi water look nicer. Does anyone know of a nice bowl to use rather than a plastic foot spa? Like the ones you always see in the posters and things?!

I saw one of these in a large tescos store the other day, it was large, dark wood and circular :)

Oooo sounds nice, thank you! x

Can I ask why you feel the need to offer so many added extras?

I am not saying its wrong - but wondered if you were having problems retaining/ re-booking clients or if you just want to give them a nice treat? Your clients shouldn't need freebies to lure them back in - they should come back because they had a lovely treatment and enjoyed the results.

How are you covering the cost of these freebies? Are you including the cost of these 'free items' in your treatment costs? I know I sound really mean but are you going to have any profit margin left after you cover all the extras. I know the things you are giving away are cheap individually but they add up, be careful you are not giving too much away.

I personally dont like loyalty cards - a constant reminder in your purse of what you have spent on pampering yourself - its like carrying round a guilt trip. I actually would be less likely to book an additional treatment if I could see that I had already spent £150 in the last 6 weeks in your salon.
It also involves too much admin to work out what each client deserves at the 6th apt. What if the client looses the card or forgets to get it stamped?
If you give a £25 voucher for every 6 apts at £25 (£150 spend) thats 16.7% of your intake your giving straight back to the client - unless your covering that cost in the initial cost of treatment I feel thats way too high.
Make sure that if you are going to offer freebies that the costs are covered somewhere - we are all in this business to make money so dont give all your profit back to the client.

I stopped giving gifts for referrals - it just gets silly, what if 2 people have referred to the same new client. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising there is but you dont need to bribe people to get it.

Hand massages, having products to try, coffee, creating a relaxing environment are all things I class as standard practice and not what I would class as an extra.

Dont get me wrong for my loyal regular clients I do give occasional extras diamonte's/ nail art, handscrubs etc. I use my own discretion - when and where appropriate. I dont have a list of for x apts you get x, for y apts you get y - it just gets confusing for both the client and therapist. I have found that a little extra when its not expected is more appreciated.

I pride myself on giving an excellent luxury service and my clients leaving my salon delighted with the result, feeling relaxed and happy - this is what makes my clients rebook.

Think about how many other places you get extras, loyalty cards and freebies - Anyone get them at the Hairdressers, Garage, Dentists or Butchers? Nope me either.....

HTH
KxXx
Hi Nemotail, you have some very valid points here and i have taken them on board!!
I would hate to look desperate and may re-think a couple of things, i just feel that i dont want to be an `in and out` (salon/home salon/mobile service) business,for example the hairdressers i go to cant do enogh to make me feel welcome and comfortable, they offer free drinks and ask if i would like to try any shampoo from the range they sell for free(obviously in an attempt to sell), their consultation is brill and the loyalty card in no way makes me feel guilty as i love the idea of a freebie even though i know its a marketing ploy!The reason i go there is mainly because of this but also because they are good!! I really want to stand out as being caring and not grabbing and i am very aware of not making myself out of pocket to do this!
I have a long way to go and the list of ideas i put up are just ideas! Thanks for your input though!!:)

I am loving the amethyst idea!

I send all of my clients a birthday card with a voucher for a free back massage. They nearly always combine it with a facial, manicure etc so I usually get a booking from it too! x

Latest posts

Back