perks for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndaella

Reaction score
What little perks do you do for your clients want to say extras but in this profession not the right term :p

I put a warm lavender pillow under neck when giving massage

facial while mask on hand massage or foot massage

i give a amythest chip to clients to keep in purse the idea is they see it and think of me lol so hopefully make an appointment.

was thinking of getting a jewlerry cleaner and letting clients put there jewlery in it to clean while having a treatment

lynda xoxo

I make my clients a coffee, does that count?

teri x

I make my clients a coffee, does that count?

teri x
oohhh you devil you... nothing like a nice coffee. lol

I smile sometimes, they should think themselves lucky

We serve nespresso coffee bit special does that count?

Facials: free 1 touch therapy
Pedicure: shiatsu massage chair

Nails: choice of scentsations finishing lotion and my beautiful smile :lol:

Sometimes a little bit extra time.

I don't swear at them

I listen to all their problems and nod a lot.

yes all very good :p but not really what i had in mind.

so does anyone give that extra treat that makes clients love coming back.

lynda xoxox

yes all very good :p but not really what i had in mind.

so does anyone give that extra treat that makes clients love coming back.

lynda xoxox

do you not think my extras are any good then??

Sorry Tracy yes of course hun love the sound of the chair etc. sorry for missing yours.

thought more about the jewellery cleaning and decided not to as if someone thought they had gold and it went black could cause a bit of bother all round ;)

Sorry Tracy yes of course hun love the sound of the chair etc. sorry for missing yours.

thought more about the jewellery cleaning and decided not to as if someone thought they had gold and it went black could cause a bit of bother all round ;)

or worse they could say a diamond fell out!! and you would be liable!! god the horrors wouldnt bother with that

what about a nice cappucino? late? espresso?

yes that sounds much better doenst it xoxoxo

gosh could you imagine if somone thought they been given expensive peice of jewllery and it went black gosh that would not be good and like you said i could be come liable so that idea isssssssss def out.

going to start a loylaty card with gift box after 6 treatments. put gift box so if somone had 6 treatments at £5 i would give £5 voucher and sample of skincare were as if £25 treatments 6 times then there gift £25 voucher etc. so thought i could cover myself with putting gift box. very new to all of this so do you think that sounds ok

lynda xoxo

Hiya
I have creative scent/solar pump lotion on my nail bar for all who wants to try.
When i do a new client i give them a free hand rub down with solar mani after

plus tea coffee/capuccino/hot choc drinks

I give free nail gems with all maints and full sets

I give all my clients a free mini solar oil

Any client that recs me to a friend i give them £5.00 off the next treatment(new client has to book over three appointments or spend over £30.00)

Jenx

I have ideas for things i would like to do when i am set up properly! Candles, fresh flowers, petals in the pedi water, good range of drinks and herbal teas, testing area for trying out hand creams/scrubs etc, aromatherapy burner, shiatsu massage pad for the pedi chair, free paraffin cuticle dip for new customers having a full set of Gels, loyalty cards, no rush personal approach! Any thing i can think of that makes people feel relaxed so they remember their treatment in a positive way!! xx

That's the kind of thing I would like to do, sounds great

Can I ask why you feel the need to offer so many added extras?

I am not saying its wrong - but wondered if you were having problems retaining/ re-booking clients or if you just want to give them a nice treat? Your clients shouldn't need freebies to lure them back in - they should come back because they had a lovely treatment and enjoyed the results.

How are you covering the cost of these freebies? Are you including the cost of these 'free items' in your treatment costs? I know I sound really mean but are you going to have any profit margin left after you cover all the extras. I know the things you are giving away are cheap individually but they add up, be careful you are not giving too much away.

I personally dont like loyalty cards - a constant reminder in your purse of what you have spent on pampering yourself - its like carrying round a guilt trip. I actually would be less likely to book an additional treatment if I could see that I had already spent £150 in the last 6 weeks in your salon.
It also involves too much admin to work out what each client deserves at the 6th apt. What if the client looses the card or forgets to get it stamped?
If you give a £25 voucher for every 6 apts at £25 (£150 spend) thats 16.7% of your intake your giving straight back to the client - unless your covering that cost in the initial cost of treatment I feel thats way too high.
Make sure that if you are going to offer freebies that the costs are covered somewhere - we are all in this business to make money so dont give all your profit back to the client.

I stopped giving gifts for referrals - it just gets silly, what if 2 people have referred to the same new client. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising there is but you dont need to bribe people to get it.

Hand massages, having products to try, coffee, creating a relaxing environment are all things I class as standard practice and not what I would class as an extra.

Dont get me wrong for my loyal regular clients I do give occasional extras diamonte's/ nail art, handscrubs etc. I use my own discretion - when and where appropriate. I dont have a list of for x apts you get x, for y apts you get y - it just gets confusing for both the client and therapist. I have found that a little extra when its not expected is more appreciated.

I pride myself on giving an excellent luxury service and my clients leaving my salon delighted with the result, feeling relaxed and happy - this is what makes my clients rebook.

Think about how many other places you get extras, loyalty cards and freebies - Anyone get them at the Hairdressers, Garage, Dentists or Butchers? Nope me either.....

HTH
KxXx

Latest posts

Back