Perron Rigot upper lip problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
I am having real problems getting pr euroblonde to remove the hair on the top lip. I use it on all other sensitive areas and no probs but on top lip it just leaves lots of hairs.
I don't put any oil on as I find that makes it worse?

Although I only offer male waxing I do have a few girl friends that I do bits of waxing for including lip and brow etc and I sometimes find that a bit of strip wax on the lip has been more effective on the fine hairs. Also they have recently launched a new non strip wax designed for face waxing and this comes in smaller bags. I use it for brows, nostrils etc and use it with the new petite wax heater from Hive which is perfect for small wax quantities. It might be worth trying it out and see what you think of it yourself...
HTH Jack

Thanks for your reply.
We used to use strip wax on face however fine on sensitive skins or dry skins it takes more than just the hair so changed to non-strip to avoid this.

When I do an upper lip this is the procedure I use. I no longer use Euroblonde, but it was the same technique.

Cleanse
Wipe over with oil
Wipe excess oil with cotton pad ... It is that little that is needed
Apply one strip of wax from one side of lip to the other using firm pressure (L to R)
Then supporting the skin remove in sections in opposite direction to application
Then apply wax again this time in opposite direction (R to L) and remove
Apply post wax product

Thanks I will try that.
I have always done one side of lip then the other. Never gone all the way across it.

When I do an upper lip this is the procedure I use. I no longer use Euroblonde, but it was the same technique.

Cleanse
Wipe over with oil
Wipe excess oil with cotton pad ... It is that little that is needed
Apply one strip of wax from one side of lip to the other using firm pressure (L to R)
Then supporting the skin remove in sections in opposite direction to application
Then apply wax again this time in opposite direction (R to L) and remove
Apply post wax product

I've never had to reapply you can get the same effect by taking your wax forward with the growth then bringing it back up against this only really needs to be done if the hair is strong and very short.This would have been typical application with the old fashioned figure of 8 wax which can still be adapted to the newer waxes when required

Kate. Am I correct in saying that you're querying why the wax isn't picking up and not asking for a tutorial on how to do a lip wax??? You sound like you're an experienced waxer after all.

Ok, what's happening is that you need to take the wax from the wall of the heater where it's the warmest. Get it from the pot to the lip ASAP so that its still fluid and shrink wraps the hair. The very second that you can touch it before it sticking to your glove, remove it. HTH's

If someone's hair is very strong on upper lip it i find its better to treat in 3 sections so with the support you can keep the skin tight and get all the hairs out.
The corners are generally the strongest so i do those first almost straight up then across leaving the middle,then the middle which I usually pull upwards with them tightening their skin over their teeth and then I do the other side.
I never have anything left behind using this method
Must use oil though or you won't get the release from the skin and you will be picking at it.If the hair is staying you are using too much if you really can't get on with oil try powder.

Last edited:
Hi Kim
I think you might have nailed it.
It happens to my therapists much more than it happens to me.
They haven't been working with the hot wax as long as I have and it has just occurred to me that they prob let it cool too much as they work much slower with it than I do. Thanks everyone lots of great advice as always

Latest posts

Back