Perron Rigot wax too hot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florry

Reaction score
We have used Lycon wax in our salon for 5 years but after reading lots of threads on here about how good Perron Rigot wax is, we decided to give it a go. We went for Euroblonde as that seemed to be the most popular but we have found it far hotter than Lycon at a working temperature. We bought the Hive digital heaters as suggested and set them at 56 but still clients are complaining that the wax is too hot .
Any suggestions?

We have used Lycon wax in our salon for 5 years but after reading lots of threads on here about how good Perron Rigot wax is, we decided to give it a go. We went for Euroblonde as that seemed to be the most popular but we have found it far hotter than Lycon at a working temperature. We bought the Hive digital heaters as suggested and set them at 56 but still clients are complaining that the wax is too hot .
Any suggestions?

I've no experience of lycon waxes or the temperature of how they are applied. If it was applied at a much lower temperature then clients may motice the change ...

I use Euroblonde wax at 56/57 in the Hive digital heaters so that's the normal working temperature.

Have you tested it on yourself and do you think it's too hot?
Check it out to see what you think , it's also worth checking that your wax heater temperature is working correctly.

Perron Rigot have a non strip wax called Homme which is applied a bit cooler and clients often find this much more comfortable for intimate waxing..

Hope that helps

I found the same thing. I use lycon in the salon and love it, never had a problem with the temperature. However I have used Perron & waxperts hot wax on mobile clients but found clients were saying it was quite hot. I've since switched to lycon when doing mobile and everyone loves it just as they do in the salon!
So I'll be sticking with lycon now.

I use PR Intimate 4 on 52 in my Hive Heaters with no problems.

I've used both Lycon and Perron Rigot in my salon. Perron Rigot is much cooler to the touch for clients, however it does go on much more thinly that Lycon. Perhaps you are applying the Perron Rigot too thick which is why your clients are experiencing the discomfort. There should be a hard lump of wax in the center of the wax pot just as with lycon and you work from the edges. It obviously depends on the thickness of the hair but my wax is normally no thicker than a stick of chewing gum, maybe twice as thick around labia etc just to make sure it does't snap. Hope that helps ! :)

I've no experience of lycon waxes or the temperature of how they are applied. If it was applied at a much lower temperature then clients may motice the change ...

I use Euroblonde wax at 56/57 in the Hive digital heaters so that's the normal working temperature.

Have you tested it on yourself and do you think it's too hot?
Check it out to see what you think , it's also worth checking that your wax heater temperature is working correctly.

Perron Rigot have a non strip wax called Homme which is applied a bit cooler and clients often find this much more comfortable for intimate waxing..

Hope that helps
Thanks for your reply Jack - we have tried the wax in 3 different heaters - including the Hive digital and we have all found it far hotter than we are used to. A client complained yesterday that it was uncomfortably hot and said she wouldn't have the treatment with us again if we didn't change the wax so that's a big worry. We'll try it thinner to see if that helps. Perron Rigot have said they will swap the Euroblonde we have for Intimate 4 as that melts at a lower temperature so we'll try that and maybe also the Homme you suggested. Thank you!

I've used both Lycon and Perron Rigot in my salon. Perron Rigot is much cooler to the touch for clients, however it does go on much more thinly that Lycon. Perhaps you are applying the Perron Rigot too thick which is why your clients are experiencing the discomfort. There should be a hard lump of wax in the center of the wax pot just as with lycon and you work from the edges. It obviously depends on the thickness of the hair but my wax is normally no thicker than a stick of chewing gum, maybe twice as thick around labia etc just to make sure it does't snap. Hope that helps ! :)

Thanks for your reply Noreen, we'll try it thinner

I use the intimate 4 and I love it! It's sets so quickly too x

I did one of the PR discovery days with Jack. It was fab and I got to try out all the waxes. I know everybody raves about euroblond but I love the homme wax. The plus point is its green....so easy to see if any bits have been left behind lol!

I did one of the PR discovery days with Jack. It was fab and I got to try out all the waxes. I know everybody raves about euroblond but I love the homme wax. The plus point is its green....so easy to see if any bits have been left behind lol!

Thanks Hazel.. I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop.
Homme is a great wax and applied slightly lower in temperature so perfect for intimate waxing.

What is it you prefer about the homme wax? I've not tried it yet xx

I love Perron rigot euro blonde never had a problem, have used it 4 years now

What is it you prefer about the homme wax? I've not tried it yet xx
I like Homme as its applied at a slightly lower temperature and feels a little bit more comfortable for intimate waxing.

Well the green colour is a bonus as it's easy to see if any bits get left behind. It also has a nice fresh fragrance. Cooler, flexible and i found it came off easier than the other non strip waxes.

I like Homme as its applied at a slightly lower temperature and feels a little bit more comfortable for intimate waxing.

Do you prefer it to the intimate 4? I love the intimate 4 for its flexibility and how fast it sets but it doesn't always grab the hairs quite as good as euroblonde does, especially in this heat with people being hot and sweaty, is homma as flexible as intimate 4? Sorry for all the questions x

Do you prefer it to the intimate 4? I love the intimate 4 for its flexibility and how fast it sets but it doesn't always grab the hairs quite as good as euroblonde does, especially in this heat with people being hot and sweaty, is homma as flexible as intimate 4? Sorry for all the questions x

We all our own favourite waxes and I prefer the consistency of Homme. It picks up all the hairs and gives a good results. I think with all waxes during this hot weather it's very challenging trying to get the clients skin cool and dry before waxing so you can grip the hair properly. Perron Rigot have a wax that's designed for using in humid conditions called Escential Rose which you might want to try out.

Hope that helps

Jack

We all our own favourite waxes and I prefer the consistency of Homme. It picks up all the hairs and gives a good results. I think with all waxes during this hot weather it's very challenging trying to get the clients skin cool and dry before waxing so you can grip the hair properly. Perron Rigot have a wax that's designed for using in humid conditions called Escential Rose which you might want to try out.

Hope that helps

Jack
I'm using Escential Rose at the moment and have been for a few weeks. It's like lovely thick cream! How much quicker does it set than Homme Jack because I might have a change to that next time. I've used it before but only one bag when I first started.

Hope that helps

Jack

Thanks jack I think I'll give that a try! To many decisions! [emoji79] lol x

I'm using Escential Rose at the moment and have been for a few weeks. It's like lovely thick cream! How much quicker does it set than Homme Jack because I might have a change to that next time. I've used it before but only one bag when I first started.

Jo it sets up a lot quicker than any of the non strip waxes.

Latest posts

Back